Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's time for Pelosi & other longtime Dem leaders to leave, Calif rep Sanchez says

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up It's time for Pelosi & other longtime Dem leaders to leave, Calif rep Sanchez says

It's time for Nancy Pelosi and other longtime leaders to make way for a new generation to lead House Democrats, caucus Vice Chairwoman Linda Sanchez said Thursday.

"Our leadership does a tremendous job, but we do have this real breadth and depth of talent within our caucus and I do think it’s time to pass the torch to a new generation of leaders," Sanchez said.

It was a bold declaration for a member of House leadership, especially for a member from California, and could signal that she's reflecting the views of many House Democrats.

There has been quiet grumbling for years about how long Pelosi, the minority leader from San Francisco, Minority Whip Steny H. Hoyer of Maryland and assistant Democratic leader James E. Clyburn of South Carolina have led the party in the House, but few members have been willing to publicly call for a change.

Sanchez, of Whittier, made the statement in an interview with the Los Angeles Times and the Washington Post during a taping of CSPAN's "Newsmakers," which will air Sunday.

Follow
    CSPAN ✔@cspan
    "it's time to pass the torch to a new generation of leaders and I want to be a part of that transition" - @RepLindaSanchez on House Dems
    10:03 AM - Oct 5, 2017
    57 57 Replies 59 59 Retweets 71 71 likes

Asked if Pelosi, who has been in Democratic leadership since 2001, would keep her post if a vote were held today, Sanchez wasn't sure.

"There are a lot of members in our caucus and, again, everybody has their opinion. I just don't know what the answer to that is," Sanchez said.

Pelosi has staved off multiple challenges while her political deftness has always kept House Democrats together and her fundraising prowess has kept their coffers full.

“Leader Pelosi enjoys wide support in the caucus and has always said she is not in Congress on a shift, but on a mission. Leader Pelosi is focused on winning back the House and anything else is a distraction from our path to the Majority,” Pelosi spokesman Drew Hammill said.

She was challenged most recently for her post in November by Rep. Tim Ryan of Ohio. Though he lost 134-63, the vote was closer than previous such elections and put a spotlight on some of the disagreements within the caucus.

Pelosi said she had considered retiring if Hillary Clinton had won the presidential election in 2016, but seems to be reinvigorated by her role as a foil to President Trump.

Sanchez emphasized that she's not singling Pelosi out, and wasn't ready to name people who might step up, but she's concerned about losing talented members who don't feel like there is a chance for them to advance. Sanchez did say she wants to stay in Democratic leadership.

"I want to be a part of that transition, I want to see that happen," she said.
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

no more whites. Need minorities nao.

as watermark says

we will replace you
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

3. The Following User Groans At tsuke For This Awful Post:

Rune (10-07-2017)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tsuke For This Post:

FUCK THE POLICE (10-08-2017)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,799 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 171 Times in 164 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Pelosi said she had considered retiring if Hillary Clinton had won the presidential election in 2016, but seems to be reinvigorated by her role as a foil to President Trump.

Sanchez emphasized that she's not singling Pelosi out, and wasn't ready to name people who might step up, but she's concerned about losing talented members who don't feel like there is a chance for them to advance. Sanchez did say she wants to stay in Democratic leadership.
    Pretty funny actually. Pelosi is the dingbat of the dims, the dims answer to Michelle Bachman yet she lingers. All repub. candidates have to do when running for office is show ads of her and they win.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2018.1 For This Post:

Русский  (10-08-2017)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 37 Times in 35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post

as watermark says

we will replace you
    Racist much?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Canceled.2018.1 For This Post:

Rune (10-07-2017)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 37 Times in 35 Posts

It is up to the voters to keep her eligible and in the house. It is up to her fellow congress peeps to keep her in position. It seems to me that the only reason Pelosi is being kept is because she is a thorn in the side of Repubs. Some may say that is good, but I wonder for whom. Is it good for the country as a whole, or is it good for extremists who keep dragging the Dems farther and farther away from anything reasonable?
    Both Reps and Dems have become entities against each other and forget whom they are serving. I wish a viable midstream party came about, a party based on sensibility and willingness to serve the people instead of themselves.

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aloysious View Post
    Pretty funny actually. Pelosi is the dingbat of the dims, the dims answer to Michelle Bachman yet she lingers. All repub. candidates have to do when running for office is show ads of her and they win.
    I don't think she is a palin but her time is up. She lead that party~lost white house lost house, lost senate, now 2/3 of governorships are in the other party & her & the other misfit have done/offered zilch....... Mini-wage?? New deal my ass............ Retread reruns & bull shit.... THEY SHOULD BOTH BE FIRED!!!!! lol
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,799 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 171 Times in 164 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
    It is up to the voters to keep her eligible and in the house. It is up to her fellow congress peeps to keep her in position. It seems to me that the only reason Pelosi is being kept is because she is a thorn in the side of Repubs. Some may say that is good, but I wonder for whom.
    As an objective observer I’d say it’s a thorn in the side of dems running for Congress. Virtually all Republicans running for Congress have her face splattered all over their campaign ads.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2018.1 For This Post:

Русский  (10-08-2017)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 326 Times in 306 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post

as watermark says

we will replace you
    Get in the gas chamber faggot.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PraiseKek For This Post:

FUCK THE POLICE (10-08-2017)

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I don't think she is a palin but her time is up. She lead that party~lost white house lost house, lost senate, now 2/3 of governorships are in the other party & her & the other misfit have done/offered zilch....... Mini-wage?? New deal my ass............ Retread reruns & bull shit.... THEY SHOULD BOTH BE FIRED!!!!! lol
    Enjoy not having a national party, the DNC is dead, identity politics killed it.

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,229 Times in 3,447 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,212 Times in 1,887 Posts

Sanchez is not spanish, she's indian. About 5 feet tall and looks like 200 pounds. Like most injuns her IQ is dismal. She hates america and hates white people.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,229 Times in 3,447 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,212 Times in 1,887 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseKek View Post
    Enjoy not having a national party, the DNC is dead, identity politics killed it.
    It's not dead. The welfare queens and illegals and white-hating racist libs will always vote for it.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    Sanchez is not spanish, she's indian. About 5 feet tall and looks like 200 pounds. Like most injuns her IQ is dismal. She hates america and hates white people.
    Her parents were border hopping wetback invaders.

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

You did a good job Nancy, but 15 years is enough. Time for someone else to step up to the plate.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseKek View Post
    Get in the gas chamber faggot.
    lol
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by We Will Replace You View Post
    lol
    Say hello to Heather Heyer for me faggot.