Members banned from this thread: FUCK THE POLICE, evince, zappasguitar, signalmankenneth, Phantasmal, Rune, Buckly J. Ewer, Text Drivers are Killers, CFM, domer76, archives, Nomad, Micawber, Hesher, crowonapost, Amadeus, floridafan, Zippity Doo Da, john.smith41, Mason Michaels, ThatOwlWoman, PraiseKek and arresmillao

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time for a cat cull; put those bump stocked rifles to good use

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,435 Times in 2,073 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 172 Times in 170 Posts

Default Time for a cat cull; put those bump stocked rifles to good use

TARGETED

Australia is absolutely packed with strange, wild creatures that could kill you at a moment's notice, but if you're a bird your number one enemy is still a familiar one: cats.

According to a new study, cats are on a murder spree in Australia, killing as many as one million birds every single day, and it's becoming a problem.

Researcher, which was published in the journal Biological Conversation, suggests that wild cats in Australia nab 316 million birds every single year, while domesticated pet cats add another 61 million to that tally. It's a huge figure, and the scientists now believe that it could be a serious problem for bird species.

Cats are a problem for Australia. The country has run several studies to survey the damage they are causing to the food chain and population of other species, but it appears to be getting worse.

In fact, the issue is so bad that a "cat-free zone" is being declared in order to give the native species a chance to avoid annihilation.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2017/10/05/cats-are-killing-everything-in-australia-and-nobody-knows-what-to-do.html

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

SAVE THE BIRDS- SAVE THE PLANET - SAVE HABITAT - CULL A CAT - SAVE THE BIRDS- SAVE THE PLANET - SAVE HABITAT - CULL A CAT - SAVE THE BIRDS- SAVE THE PLANET - SAVE HABITAT - CULL A CAT - SAVE THE BIRDS- SAVE THE PLANET - SAVE HABITAT - CULL A CAT - SAVE THE BIRDS- SAVE THE PLANET - SAVE HABITAT - CULL A CAT - SAVE THE BIRDS- SAVE THE PLANET - SAVE HABITAT - CULL A CAT - SAVE THE BIRDS- SAVE THE PLANET - SAVE HABITAT - CULL A CAT - SAVE THE BIRDS- SAVE THE PLANET - SAVE HABITAT - CULL A CAT - SAVE THE BIRDS- SAVE THE PLANET - SAVE HABITAT - CULL A CAT - SAVE THE BIRDS- SAVE THE PLANET - SAVE HABITAT - CULL A CAT - SAVE THE BIRDS- SAVE THE PLANET - SAVE HABITAT - CULL A CAT - SAVE THE BIRDS- SAVE THE PLANET - SAVE HABITAT - CULL A CAT - SAVE THE BIRDS- SAVE THE PLANET - SAVE HABITAT - CULL A CAT - SAVE THE BIRDS- SAVE THE PLANET - SAVE HABITAT - CULL A CAT - SAVE THE BIRDS- SAVE THE PLANET - SAVE HABITAT - CULL A CAT - SAVE THE BIRDS- SAVE THE PLANET - SAVE HABITAT - CULL A CAT - SAVE THE BIRDS- SAVE THE PLANET - SAVE HABITAT - CULL A CAT - SAVE THE BIRDS- SAVE THE PLANET - SAVE HABITAT - CULL A CAT - SAVE THE BIRDS- SAVE THE PLANET - SAVE HABITAT - CULL A CAT - SAVE THE BIRDS- SAVE THE PLANET - SAVE HABITAT - CULL A CAT - SAVE THE BIRDS- SAVE THE PLANET - SAVE HABITAT - CULL A CAT -

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

FILTHY FLEA-INFESTED FERAL FELINES MUST BE CULLED CONSCIENTIOUSLY FOR THE GOOD OF THE PLANET - FILTHY FLEA-INFESTED FERAL FELINES MUST BE CULLED CONSCIENTIOUSLY FOR THE GOOD OF THE PLANET - FILTHY FLEA-INFESTED FERAL FELINES MUST BE CULLED CONSCIENTIOUSLY FOR THE GOOD OF THE PLANET - FILTHY FLEA-INFESTED FERAL FELINES MUST BE CULLED CONSCIENTIOUSLY FOR THE GOOD OF THE PLANET - FILTHY FLEA-INFESTED FERAL FELINES MUST BE CULLED CONSCIENTIOUSLY FOR THE GOOD OF THE PLANET - FILTHY FLEA-INFESTED FERAL FELINES MUST BE CULLED CONSCIENTIOUSLY FOR THE GOOD OF THE PLANET - FILTHY FLEA-INFESTED FERAL FELINES MUST BE CULLED CONSCIENTIOUSLY FOR THE GOOD OF THE PLANET - FILTHY FLEA-INFESTED FERAL FELINES MUST BE CULLED CONSCIENTIOUSLY FOR THE GOOD OF THE PLANET - FILTHY FLEA-INFESTED FERAL FELINES MUST BE CULLED CONSCIENTIOUSLY FOR THE GOOD OF THE PLANET - FILTHY FLEA-INFESTED FERAL FELINES MUST BE CULLED CONSCIENTIOUSLY FOR THE GOOD OF THE PLANET - FILTHY FLEA-INFESTED FERAL FELINES MUST BE CULLED CONSCIENTIOUSLY FOR THE GOOD OF THE PLANET - FILTHY FLEA-INFESTED FERAL FELINES MUST BE CULLED CONSCIENTIOUSLY FOR THE GOOD OF THE PLANET - FILTHY FLEA-INFESTED FERAL FELINES MUST BE CULLED CONSCIENTIOUSLY FOR THE GOOD OF THE PLANET - FILTHY FLEA-INFESTED FERAL FELINES MUST BE CULLED CONSCIENTIOUSLY FOR THE GOOD OF THE PLANET - FILTHY FLEA-INFESTED FERAL FELINES MUST BE CULLED CONSCIENTIOUSLY FOR THE GOOD OF THE PLANET - FILTHY FLEA-INFESTED FERAL FELINES MUST BE CULLED CONSCIENTIOUSLY FOR THE GOOD OF THE PLANET - FILTHY FLEA-INFESTED FERAL FELINES MUST BE CULLED CONSCIENTIOUSLY FOR THE GOOD OF THE PLANET -

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Some rescues go out and spay the feral cats and return them to the wild. Why kill them? They can't help it.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Trump Diva View Post
    Some rescues go out and spay the feral cats and return them to the wild. Why kill them? They can't help it.
    They are like disgusting DEMOCRATS, Diva.

Being neutered does nothing to stop their filthy disease-spreading or the extinction-level predation of innocent creatures they prey upon.

They must be exterminated. En masse.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I love animals. I don't want to see any of them killed.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I love animals. I don't want to see any of them killed.
    It is necessary, Diva my dear.

Trap, Neuter, Release (TNR) is a program by which feral cats are trapped, spayed or neutered, and then released into the environment. Rather than immediately reducing numbers through removal, TNR practitioners hope to slowly reduce populations over time.

The scientific evidence regarding TNR clearly indicates that TNR programs are not an effective tool to reduce feral cat populations. Rather than slowly disappearing, studies have shown that feral cat colonies persist and may actually increase in size.

TNR programs fail because they do not operate in an enclosed system and cannot spay or neuter a sufficient number of cats to affect feral cat numbers at the population level. Despite the good intentions of many involved in TNR programs, TNR has been found to be a waste of time, money, and resources.

For example, one evaluation of two long-term TNR programs in California and Florida indicated that “any population-level effects were minimal.” The team of researchers concluded that “no plausible combination of [conditions] would likely allow for TNR to succeed in reducing population size.”

Once feral cats are spayed or neutered, they are then abandoned back into the environment to continue a feral existence. Not only is this systematic abandonment inhumane to the cats, it perpetuates numerous problems such as wildlife predation, transmission of disease, and property destruction.

I cull cats to be kind.

https://abcbirds.org/program/cats-indoors/trap-neuter-release/

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Who are you to determine when any creature's life should end?

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Who are you to determine that I shouldn't, Diva my dear?

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 11 Times in 10 Posts

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy Jones View Post

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Godless America View Post
    Who are you to determine that I shouldn't, Diva my dear?
    Where did I do that? I asked a question.

I'm not a cat person but I still hate to see any animals killed and abused.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Are you vegan?

Sent from my Lenovo K8 Note using Tapatalk

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Corazón View Post
    Are you vegan?

Yes, I am. Why do you ask?

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yes, I am. Why do you ask?
    I thought as much from your posts, just confirming it.