Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerry Jones and the entire Cowboys team take the knee

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,265 Times in 3,123 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    Crowd Erupts In Anger After Entire Dallas Cowboys Team Kneels Before National Anthem

As the Cowboys took a knee, they were met with loud boos from the crowd as fans were appalled by the team’s decision.
    The American People are with the Crowd. They hate this blatant disrespect to the flag and the anthem.
    Keep changing the names. It doesn't change the meaning.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    You don't care that you are wrong?
    Don't care that you think I'm wrong.

Why would I care what you think? Seriously.

Why would I give a fuck about what a racist thinks?
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

3. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The American People are with the Crowd. They hate this blatant disrespect to the flag and the anthem.
    Ain't (eb) about the flag, not about the anthem. Proven.

You don't speak for the American people or even white people. Just racists .. like you.

Don't you wish you had the balls to just come out and say this is about rich black athletes that I hate? :0) Try it .. see if anything changes.

Work day ends :0) Cya
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

TTQ64 (09-26-2017)

5. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

One last thing before I go .. real right-wing news for bobbleheads from RightWing News..

NFL Owner Bans ALL Players From Protesting The National Anthem

Jerry Jones of the Dallas Cowboys should get NFL owner of the year. While a number of NFL players have taken a knee during the National Anthem before games to protest racism and police brutality, Jones has told his players that they will stand during the National Anthem or they are outta there. Slow clap. And now comes the whinging and whining. Seahawks receiver Doug Baldwin is the one that said that one or more NFL owners “have told their players to do specific things or to not do specific things … regarding the National Anthem and the protests,” which the Seahawks wide receiver said he thought was “egregious.” Jones was not mentioned by name, but it is widely believed he is one of those referenced NFL owners.

“The one quote that I was informed of was, ‘You’re going to stand on the line with your hand on your heart and you’re going to sing the National Anthem because this is my stage,” Baldwin recalled. Look, you have the right to protest if you want. You can be as big an asshat as you desire. But you also have to be willing to take the brunt of the ensuing consequences of your actions. The owner of the team has a right to demand his players stand for the National Anthem. He owns the freaking team and whether being a patriot or the bottom line drive what he does, in the end, it’s his team. Live with it or leave. Choose wisely.
    http://rightwingnews.com/sports-2/nf...tional-anthem/

What?

.. but what happens to his 'owner of the year award?' Now they want his head.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Bill (09-25-2017)

7. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Dallas Cowboys took a knee Monday prior to the national anthem, but stood for the performance with locked arms. The Arizona Cardinals did the same, joining a lengthy list of NFL athletes who protested in some form before Week 3 games after Donald Trump made divisive comments throughout the weekend.

Joining the Cowboys for the kneel prior to anthem — which drew boos from the Arizona crowd — were owner Jerry Jones and coach Jason Garrett.
    https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/25/1...ational-anthem

Jerry Jones ???

:0) Coolness ..
    this is the best compromise that could be had. Don't disrespect the flag, protest another way.

It doesn't make any sense as a protest against trump though, because trumps comments were specifically regarding doing anything during the national anthem. So to protest trump they end up agreeing with him? LOL?

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

8. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Players have leverage .. owners know that .. some of whom couldn't bend on one knew if their life depended on it.

I disagree. I welcome owners locking arms with players while allowing other players to take the knee if they wanted to.

I welcome the unified response to Trump.

Never let the perfect be the enemy of the good. Owners standing with players is a very good thing.
    again, stupid - the issue re: trump was doing anything during the anthem. As such this isn't a protest at all to what trump said as they did not take a knee during said anthem. You are a very stupid individual.

---

Grind is basically right

9. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Crowd Erupts In Anger After Entire Dallas Cowboys Team Kneels Before National Anthem

The entire Dallas Cowboys football team, including owner Jerry Jones, kneeled before the national anthem on Monday night.

As the Cowboys took a knee, they were met with loud boos from the crowd as fans were appalled by the team’s decision.
    http://www.dailywire.com/news/21525/...-ryan-saavedra

... even before the anthem was played.

Proof positive that none of this is about the anthem nor the flag.
    they might not have realized that they weren't intending to kneel the whole time. Did they continue to boo during the anthem?

---

Grind is basically right

10. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Ain't (eb) about the flag, not about the anthem. Proven.

You don't speak for the American people or even white people. Just racists .. like you.

Don't you wish you had the balls to just come out and say this is about rich black athletes that I hate? :0) Try it .. see if anything changes.

Work day ends :0) Cya
    Calling everyone you disagree with racist. Ez/Cowards way out.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

11. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Don't care that you think I'm wrong.

Why would I care what you think? Seriously.

Why would I give a fuck about what a racist thinks?
    Calling everyone you disagree with racist. Ez/Cowards way out.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

12. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Excellent...........................

NFL Owner Bans ALL Players From Protesting The National Anthem

Sept., 2017

by Terresa Monroe-Hamilton
    RightWingNews

Jerry Jones of the Dallas Cowboys should get NFL owner of the year. While a number of NFL players have taken a knee during the National Anthem before games to protest racism and police brutality, Jones has told his players that they will stand during the National Anthem or they are outta there. Slow clap. And now comes the whinging and whining. Seahawks receiver Doug Baldwin is the one that said that one or more NFL owners “have told their players to do specific things or to not do specific things … regarding the National Anthem and the protests,” which the Seahawks wide receiver said he thought was “egregious.” Jones was not mentioned by name, but it is widely believed he is one of those referenced NFL owners.

“The one quote that I was informed of was, ‘You’re going to stand on the line with your hand on your heart and you’re going to sing the National Anthem because this is my stage,” Baldwin recalled. Look, you have the right to protest if you want. You can be as big an asshat as you desire. But you also have to be willing to take the brunt of the ensuing consequences of your actions. The owner of the team has a right to demand his players stand for the National Anthem. He owns the freaking team and whether being a patriot or the bottom line drive what he does, in the end, it’s his team. Live with it or leave. Choose wisely.

NFL.jpg

Baldwin has been part of the Black Lives Matter protests. As far as I’m concerned, he’s a racist. He’s following in the footsteps of Colin Kaepernick and he’s actively sitting during the National Anthem. If it were my team, he’d be gone and I wouldn’t give a flying rip what anyone thought of it. The National Anthem is not about race. It’s about being American. You are dissing your country when you kneel or sit during the National Anthem. Protest on your own time. Over 70 percent of the NFL is black, so racism has nothing to do with you playing football. Get over yourself already.

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has been a solid critic of the players’ protests, calling the decision to not stand a disappointment. He praised players on his own team for not participating, saying, “We strongly, strongly support the flag in every way we support — and it’s almost ridiculous to be saying — the people that for generations and generations that have given it all up so that we can get out here and show off in front of millions of people on television.” That makes me love the Cowboys even more. How dare players show outright hatred for the police and military. Maybe they should go play for Cuba.

Jones added that the NFL was an important forum for America and Americans. “And I’m for it being used in every way we can to support the great, great contributors in our society,” he said. “And that’s people that have supported America, the flag, and there’s no reason to not go all out there. And for anybody to use parts of that visibility to do otherwise is really disappointing.” I agree 100 percent. Perhaps these football players need to remember that it is America that gave them the opportunity to be great and wealthy in the first place.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

13. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    I do. his situation is a bit different then the players.
    the players (obviously) have "free speech"
    But they are also bound by any contracts they sign-"deleterious to the league" ( paraphrased)

So the NFL in theory * they wont of course* could fire them at will -free speech or not
    The owners seem to be fully supporting the players not the bully tyrant saying they don't have that right...

This isn't making America great IMHO, is it in yours??
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

14. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'm serving my country in otherways cuck.
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

15. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What is the cause of "police murder"? How often does it happen? Rarely if ever?

And when it does, is it because of unfortunate circumstance? Fear of blacks? Justified or otherwise? Or because whitey cops are all racist and want to kill blacks?

I doubt its the latter.

I have been appalled by some of the police shootings. But that doesn't mean I hate all LE, and America, and think everything must be dissolved.
    Have you expressed that here?

16. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    The owners seem to be fully supporting the players not the bully tyrant saying they don't have that right...

This isn't making America great IMHO, is it in yours??
    I've said before this has always been political by the kneelers masquerading as some noble goal instead.
    Now we know it always was- as BLM concerns have been tossed to the background while it becomes about Trump.

Trump has better things to do (like harrangue the worthless Republicans) but he's right about this whole cooked affair.
    Get your worthless ass up and stand for the flag.
    I don't know how you were diverted / You were perverted too
    I don't know how you were inverted / No one alerted you

17. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Stretch (09-26-2017)

18. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    in solidarity and against the words of President Trump
    at last you have the balls to admit what the bitches are protesting......