Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Ravens take a knee in London, but stand for God save the Queen.

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    NYTimes is living off Fake news -but why bring this up?
    LOOK at the attendance. It;s down, see where it goes from here now that this has become a "political football"
    I brought it up as yet another demonstration of the ignorance of the lying fuck you call president.

"Fake news" is imbecilic .. especially coming from someone who worships the godfather of real fake news .. birtherism.

NFL ratings down .. so what? They've been down before .. STILL America's most watched game.

The NFL and the Warriors dominate most-watched sports broadcasts of 2016 list
    http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/the-...2016-list.html

That's right .. you lemmings don't like the Warriors either. :0)

The 100 most-watched TV programs of 2016: Super Bowl 50 leads by a*mile
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/mor...ads-by-a-mile/

Who gives a fuck about lemmings.

By your own words, you're not even a fan .. just doing massa's bidding.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

* ya.it's a grotesques display for disrespect for the" Republic and which it stands"..(pledge)
    there were many ways for these jerks to help improve black lives, or live at risk besides INSULTING our flag.

It's showboating feel good, and it disrespects the founders/the military and the entire nation.
    They are privledged to be millionaires, while they act like petulant children

BLM has a much more targeted agenda. they don;t disrespect the USA in total
    You and your fake as president don't want Russian meddling in an American election investigated .. and here you are trying to hide behind the flag. DISGUSTING
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,090 Times in 25,663 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by God bless America View Post
    I hereby condemn Irish for his post. I freely make this statement of condemnation without reservation or purpose of evasion.

I also extend a blanket condemnation to all who have uttered racist remarks now, in the past, or the future, world without end.

Looks like you just got caught in the spin cycle, Christiecrite.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by God bless America View Post
    I condemn that remark, Irish.

― Charles Dickens

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

i wuz telling you to get your head out of your ass in regards to the "free speech" meme you incorrectly brought up
    How the fuck is an Trumpette going to tell me anything? How?

The First Amendment Applies to the NFL

The first ten amendments to the Constitution are known as the “Bill of Rights”. Those amendments delineate the dimensions of the freedom that is the heritage of every American citizen. It is significant that the First Amendment is freedom of speech. Our founding fathers realized that freedom of speech is the bedrock of an open and free society.

It is clear that the drafters of the First Amendment intended to protect all citizens rights to dissent. Speech that agrees with the thinking of the mainstream does not require protection. No one would suppress statements which merely echo the dominant paradigm. The First Amendment protects the rights of a citizen, not only to march to a different drummer, but to publicly proclaim his or her position.
    http://www.politicalstorm.com/first-...t-applies-nfl/

AGAIN, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about .. just here to do massa's bidding.

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    I brought it up as yet another demonstration of the ignorance of the lying fuck you call president.

"Fake news" is imbecilic .. especially coming from someone who worships the godfather of real fake news .. birtherism.

NFL ratings down .. so what? They've been down before .. STILL America's most watched game.

That's right .. you lemmings don't like the Warriors either. :0)

Who gives a fuck about lemmings.

By your own words, you're not even a fan .. just doing massa's bidding.
    you calling me a lemming? -this from a RANK partisan like yourself is laughable.
    At one time you had self respect and independence, now you even shilled for Hillary who YOU KNOW IS A WARMONGER -so spare me the virtuous outrage good brother.

If you can't speak to me in a civil manner, then you shouldn't post at all to me.
    fuck all that "massas' talk to-what the hell are you attempting here?

I mentioned to you last page "now it's become political" -you chose not to reply.
    Obviously it's hit a political nerve -so much for moral outrage.

When you attack the flag, you have overstepped the boundaries of politics ( and this IS political)
    so don't get mad at me when I call that 'offside .'

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (09-24-2017)

8. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

One of the Steelers [I won't bother trying to get his name past spellcheck] an Army veteran, came out of the Steeler locker room and stood with his hand over his heart during the Anthem.

I don't think one needs to be a political genius to figure out who most people are going to side with.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Stretch (09-24-2017)

10. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    How the fuck is an Trumpette going to tell me anything? How?

The First Amendment Applies to the NFL

The first ten amendments to the Constitution are known as the “Bill of Rights”. Those amendments delineate the dimensions of the freedom that is the heritage of every American citizen. It is significant that the First Amendment is freedom of speech. Our founding fathers realized that freedom of speech is the bedrock of an open and free society.

It is clear that the drafters of the First Amendment intended to protect all citizens rights to dissent. Speech that agrees with the thinking of the mainstream does not require protection. No one would suppress statements which merely echo the dominant paradigm. The First Amendment protects the rights of a citizen, not only to march to a different drummer, but to publicly proclaim his or her position.
    http://www.politicalstorm.com/first-...t-applies-nfl/

AGAIN, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about .. just here to do massa's bidding.
    what a pathetic article -and a rube you are to swallow that nonsense.

he keeps going on and on about "first amendment protection" but never addresses the point the NFL could fire these guys ( they won't of course but they have the power) if it's part of their contracts.
    They would fire them for "conduct un-becoming" not political dissent.

Learn the differences. prohibited conduct can be anything detracting from the welfare of the game/league-
    IF the NFL has such clauses in it's contracts. If it doesn't it can't.

point is I cannot ramble on about politics in my workplace/on the phones -if I do I get sanctions,
    because I signed a contract not to do so.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Stretch (09-24-2017)

12. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    One of the Steelers [I won't bother trying to get his name past spellcheck] an Army veteran, came out of the Steeler locker room and stood with his hand over his heart during the Anthem.

I don't think one needs to be a political genius to figure out who most people are going to side with.
    good. i'm glad to see not everyone succumbed to political pressures.

13. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Trump can’t do anything himself about kneeling players. But he is correct in pointing out that team owners could. While the First Amendment protects individual rights to freedom of speech, it doesn’t shield employees from sanctions from their employers.
    That’s the same legal argument that Google used in August to fire James Damore, the engineer who wrote an anti-diversity manifesto arguing that women are not as adept at technology as men.

At the time, Google CEO Sundar Pichai told employees that “to suggest a group of our colleagues have traits that make them less biologically suited to that work is offensive and not OK.” In other words, it’s disrespectful.

Like Google, NFL team owners have the same dismissal rights. The NFL standard contract signed by every player gives them plenty of leeway, as Sports Illustrated’s legal analyst points out.
    A player who doesn’t “conduct himself on and off the field with appropriate recognition of the fact that the success of professional football depends largely on public respect for and approval of those associated with the game,” or who “has engaged in personal conduct reasonably judged by Club to adversely affect or reflect on Club,” is subject to being fired.

It wouldn’t be hard for owners to argue that defying honoring the flag reflects poorly on their teams, or that it negatively affects their image. Plenty of people booed at the Alabama rally when Trump mentioned players taking the knee and cheered when he called for them to be fired.
    https://qz.com/1085785/can-nfl-teams...or-in-alabama/

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Stretch (09-24-2017)

15. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post

Alejandro Villanueva. And he's not going to be disciplined for exercising his right.

― Charles Dickens

16. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,435 Times in 2,073 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 172 Times in 170 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackasshoal View Post

Hilarious. Granpa cites 2016 ratings to "prove" that pro sports viewer-ship isn't impacted in 2017.

17. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Alejandro Villanueva. And he's not going to be disciplined for exercising his right.
    I guess not, since the Squeelers didn't scruple to sign convicted animal abuser Vick and predator Rapelessburger.

Being signed to Shitsburgh is punishment enough.

18. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 15 Posts

my team..no more I'm done with them.
    I do not see the Baltimore Orioles doing this-and Adam Jones is a big fighter of racism.

It's a grotesque disrespect for the flag, which is representative of the republic as a whole.

If you want to fight racism, then do something about it. donate your time for inner city youths, or whatever.
    This is not the venue for a grotesque display of anti-Americanism
    I help fight racism by donating time for suburban youths.

19. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post