Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Ravens take a knee in London, but stand for God save the Queen.

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    my team..no more I'm done with them.
    I do not see the Baltimore Orioles doing this-and Adam Jones is a big fighter of racism.

It's a grotesque disrespect for the flag, which is representative of the republic as a whole.

If you want to fight racism, then do something about it. donate your time for inner city youths, or whatever.
    This is not the venue for a grotesque display of anti-Americanism
    So freedom of speech and the First Amendment mean nothing to you?

I'm sure the Ravens will miss your uhhh 'support.'
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-24-2017)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Absolutely disgusting. Why don't they move back to Africa if they hate the flag and US so much? or to the UK, since they stood for theirs.

This is unbelievable. BOYCOTT THE NFL!
    Why don't you move back to Africa?
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-24-2017)

5. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    So freedom of speech and the First Amendment mean nothing to you?

I'm sure the Ravens will miss your uhhh 'support.'
    first amendment doesn't apply here.
    "free speech" applies to freedom from government sanctions -private corps can hire and fire at will -
    providing the don't discriminate,or violate union contracts etc

PS, facebook is full of peeps sayigg they are done with these shenanigans. I posted a cross section of responses
    I don't know how you were diverted / You were perverted too
    I don't know how you were inverted / No one alerted you

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I don't watch it that much and I don't miss it.
    I did my days of living and dying by the Baltimore Colts decades ago.

Yes we are in the realm of politics - i think we agree on that
    ... and football doesn't miss you either.

Don't like football, who cares?

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

first amendment doesn't apply here.
    "free speech" applies to freedom from government sanctions -private corps can hire and fire at will -
    providing the don't discriminate,or violate union contracts etc
    BULLSHIT. It's why it's the FIRST Amendment.

This nation was founded on protest .. or are you unaware of that?

Freedom of speech applies to PROTEST as well.

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

... and football doesn't miss you either.
    Don't like football, who cares?
    I like it.
    but it doesn't mean anything to me other then watching a bunch of spoiled millionaires abuse their fans

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (09-24-2017)

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Absolutely disgusting. Why don't they move back to Africa if they hate the flag and US so much? or to the UK, since they stood for theirs.

This is unbelievable. BOYCOTT THE NFL!
    He's all yours conservatives!

But I can't help but notice the deafening silence from conservative posters and Trump-ettes in the face this daily unabated vortex of rightwing racism on this website (henceforth known as Stormfront 2).

I find it remarkable that a lot of rightwing posters find the time to chase and harangue Desh, Jarod, and other lefties all over the board, while remaining quite as church mice in the face of the mentally deficient rightwing racists they choose to make allies with.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-24-2017)

12. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

BULLSHIT. It's why it's the FIRST Amendment.

This nation was founded on protest .. or are you unaware of that?

Freedom of speech applies to PROTEST as well.
    surely you know the first amendment?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

see the mention of Congress ( government) ? private corps have "moral clauses"
    (old fashioned term -not sure what it is now) where by CONTRACT LAW governs prohibited behaviors

13. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I like it.
    but it doesn't mean anything to me other then watching a bunch of spoiled millionaires abuse their fans
    My question .. who gives a fuck?

The NFL is a money-making juggernaut .. doesn't give a fuck about YOU .. does care about their FANS .. which obviously you're not.

14. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,771 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

not your mate,not your friend -fuck off.

This has nothing to do with Trump..It's a bunch of unfocused millionaires who look for EZ points to fight racism..
    if they want to do something, volunteer their time to help oppressed inner city youths.
    Baltimore is full of poverty. Poverty leads to crime, crime leads to police confrontations. Help break that cycle.

No thinks. I'll take the sentiment , and battle worn Star Spangled Banner any day.
    Our country was born by battle Celebrate the hard won freedoms.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/woldcne...er-cities/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/article...ity_of_akr.amp

There are many black athletes that work for and support projects that better the lives of inner city kids.

This latest rounds of protests has everything to do with Trump.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-24-2017), Cypress (09-24-2017)

16. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

surely you know the first amendment?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

see the mention of Congress ( government) ? private corps have "moral clauses"
    (old fashioned term -not sure what it is now) where by CONTRACT LAW governs prohibited behaviors
    abridging the freedom of speech

I guess that went right over your head.

17. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

My question .. who gives a fuck?

The NFL is a money-making juggernaut .. doesn't give a fuck about YOU .. does care about their FANS .. which obviously you're not.
    my my..no need to get pissed at me. You should look at the attendance.it's down and I'm sure this is going to make it worse. I provided a cross section of reactions

They do NOT care about their fans who overwhelmingly disapprove of this horseshit on the field
    ++
    this has now become political -agreed? whatever sanctimonious misguided crap was at work before
    now Trump and Goodell have made it political..

18. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

abridging the freedom of speech

I guess that went right over your head.
    Cmom BAC....Think.
    If Trump had threatened to use government force to fire them -yes that would be a violation.
    He did not. he implored/agitated for, but did not promise any sanctions -therefore it's not a violation of the first.

19. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Tomlin stands alone for anthem as Steelers wait in locker room

Mike Tomlin stood alone for the national anthem Sunday as the Pittsburgh Steelers players waited in the locker room.
    The Steelers head coach revealed before the game that the team would wait in the locker room while the anthem was played prior to their contest against the Chicago Bears.
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...cid=spartandhp

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

21. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft issues bold anti-Trump statement

President Donald Trump ignited a storm within the sports world this weekend when he used explicit language to criticize NFL players that chose to kneel for the national anthem.

A number of NFL owners condemned Trump's remarks, but none were as potent as New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft's. Kraft, who has come in for much criticism over the past year for his close relationship with Trump, issued a statement saying he was "deeply disappointed" by the "tone" of the comments.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackascoal For This Post: