Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What makes you more upset....

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,435 Times in 2,073 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 172 Times in 170 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    I'm certainly not proud that a group of warmongers lied us into the Iraq war.
    Only because a Republican was president.

Your mewling mantra is 'DEMOCRAT good, Republican bad', and that's how shallow you are, Christiecrite.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    LIKE! (Except the part about the Constitution being right of center, it is VERY left if you ask me)
    I said I was right of center, not the constitution. And not left, it doesn't say we should centralize government and spread the wealth, it says you have a right to your own property. That's a conversation for a different time though. I said I am definitely right of center, but that I 100% support the constitution. That sentence has nothing to do with where the constitution itself stands on the political spectrum.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

If Nazi's and KKK marching in the streets makes you less upset than a man taking a knee during the national anthem,

There is something wrong with you! Some very good people take a knee during the national anthem.
    Why can't we ignore both and not get upset by either? I could care less if some Jackasses wearing KKK garb want to make asses of themselves as long as their doing it peacefully and ditto for those who want to take a knee or not observer our national anthem at a sporting event. It's a free country. People are allowed to be controversial, stupid and/or annoying.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (09-24-2017)

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,896 Times in 21,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,687 Times in 5,190 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I said I was right of center, not the constitution. And not left, it doesn't say we should centralize government and spread the wealth, it says you have a right to your own property. That's a conversation for a different time though. I said I am definitely right of center, but that I 100% support the constitution. That sentence has nothing to do with where the constitution itself stands on the political spectrum.

Ah, that clarifies things, thanks for elaborating.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Lie! It is certainly his right to take a knee when he choses. I never said otherwise. I think the man is a phony, but I support his right to do what he does, even if its just for image and endorsements.
    I never claimed you "said otherwise", Comrade Brad Jarod, and it's not a lie, according to the NYT.

I doubt you'd criticize a Muslim or black player who did the same, and you have no proof that Tebow took a knee "just for image and endorsements", do you, Christophobe?

Maybe Kaepernick and his imitators are engaged in a stunt just for image and endorsements, if that's your argument.

It's even more hilarious to see hypocrites defending Kaepernick and the naughty kneelers' right to protest while implying that the idiots who marched in Charlottesville didn't have that same right.

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Why can't we ignore both and not get upset by either? I could care less if some Jackasses wearing KKK garb want to make asses of themselves as long as their doing it peacefully and ditto for those who want to take a knee or not observer our national anthem at a sporting event. It's a free country. People are allowed to be controversial, stupid and/or annoying.
    YES!

44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That makes perfect sense.

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

YES!
    Oh, so you weren't upset by the idiots with tiki torches in Charlottesville?

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by God bless America View Post
    I never claimed you "said otherwise", Comrade Brad Jarod, and it's not a lie, according to the NYT.

I doubt you'd criticize a Muslim or black player who did the same, and you have no proof that Tebow took a knee "just for image and endorsements", do you, Christophobe?

Maybe Kaepernick and his imitators are engaged in a stunt just for image and endorsements, if that's your argument.

It's even more hilarious to see hypocrites defending Kaepernick and the naughty kneelers' right to protest while implying that the idiots who marched in Charlottesville didn't have that same right.

Who implied that your Nazi's did not have a right to march?

If Kaepernick was looking for endorsements.. that sure backfired.

LOCK HIM UP!

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

A fundamental misunderstanding of the first amendment displayed in this post.

I like watching the NFL, when it wasn't politicized it was a unifying force in the US. It no longer is, now it is politicized and the escape from that nonsense and the central conversation that crossed political barriers no longer exists. Unfortunately it isn't as enjoyable any longer.

I don't "boycott" the NFL, I just don't watch any longer because ESPN, the NFL, the players have all decided that they need to insert themselves into politics.

However the "stand or lose citizenship" idiocy. Yeah. Though I dislike their method and the NFL was foolish not to include it in the contracts like the NBA to stand during the Anthem, they have a right to ruin the fun for me as much as they want. I'll fight for their right. Nobody is losing citizenship because you don't like their protest that is what the first amendment is all about.
    I like how sports bring communities together in friendly rivalries. I stand for the national anthem and I take my hat off and put my hand over my heart as a sign of respect not because someone else thinks I should but because it is a way I can show my respect and to share in the community spirit. If others choose not to that's ok with me. I'm not going to be offended if they don't take off their hat, or put their hand over their heart or don't sing along to the National Anthem or if they take a knee or sit and remain silent. That's up to them. I only know what I want to do and what I can do. I have no control over what others think, feel or want to do nor do I desire to do so. So therefor their actions in those respect mean little to nothing to me and do not affect how I enjoy the game.

Now I have to admit that when a Howard Cosell or a Bob Costas goes off on their politics and histrionics I get annoyed and I don't want to hear it. I'm watching to enjoy a game....not debate politics so I wish they would just shut up and stick to sports but I can always turn the volume off too.

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

I like how sports bring communities together in friendly rivalries. I stand for the national anthem and I take my hat off and put my hand over my heart as a sign of respect not because someone else thinks I should but because it is a way I can show my respect and to share in the community spirit. If others choose not to that's ok with me. I'm not going to be offended if they don't take off their hat, or put their hand over their heart or don't sing along to the National Anthem or if they take a knee or sit and remain silent. That's up to them. I only know what I want to do and what I can do. I have no control over what others think, feel or want to do nor do I desire to do so. So therefor their actions in those respect mean little to nothing to me and do not affect how I enjoy the game.

Now I have to admit that when a Howard Cosell or a Bob Costas goes off on their politics and histrionics I get annoyed and I don't want to hear it. I'm watching to enjoy a game....not debate politics so I wish they would just shut up and stick to sports but I can always turn the volume off too.
    sorry Mott. this isn't some individual decisions to ignore the anthem.
    It's an organized political movement ( by a bunch of spoiled millionaires) .

If they want to help fight racism, do something productive,
    not disrespect the flag and the entire country for which it stands.

They can donate their time and money to help inner city Baltimore for ex.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Truth Detector (09-24-2017)

14. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Its a hallmark of facisim to insist that a national sport be connected to patriotism and required displays of affection for the Government.

LOCK HIM UP!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-24-2017)

16. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Its a hallmark of racism to insist that a national sport be connected to patriotism and required displays of affection for the Government.
    there is no movement here to cancel the anthem at games - that's a red herring.
    It's not "respect for the government" either -it's "we the people" who formed this union
    I don't know how you were diverted / You were perverted too
    I don't know how you were inverted / No one alerted you

17. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Truth Detector (09-24-2017)

18. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If somebody doesn't support the rights enumerated in the constitution they probably should get out. I'm definitely right of center politically, but I am 100% in support of the Constitution. Millionaires exercising their right to make a sport suck is definitely covered in the constitution, it is directly mentioned. The government doesn't get to punish people for this kind of thing. Now the NFL could simply fire people, etc. as they aren't the government, but promoting some sort of government action against a protest? You'll not get my support on that one.
    It's an utterly false dichotomy that The Dumbass proposes anyway. Just because someone does not agree with you politically or disagrees with our government or exercises their right to dissent with the Government does not mean that they are not proud to be an American or are unpatriotic because some trailer park redneck like the Dumbass thinks they should feel as they do.

Eight years ago this would have been a non-issue as Football teams were in the Locker Rooms during the national anthem. It was the Government that encouraged the the NFL to put on displays of patriotism before the game in 2009. So I guess this would all be Obama's fault, right?

19. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    sorry Mott. this isn't some individual decisions to ignore the anthem.
    It's an organized political movement ( by a bunch of spoiled millionaires) .

If they want to help fight racism, do something productive,
    not disrespect the flag and the entire country for which it stands.

They can donate their time and money to help inner city Baltimore for ex.
    They have a choice to fight racism in any way they chose.

LOCK HIM UP!