1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,608 Times in 10,570 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by God bless America View Post
    Is the person you quoted in government?
    Citizenship is controlled by government. Are you clear on what I was talking about? To make it very clear: The person I quoted was promoting government action, I was telling him that the constitution, which I mention I support 100%, doesn't allow it and that if he doesn't like the constitution he has every right to go ahead and leave for a more fascist approach.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,435 Times in 2,073 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 172 Times in 170 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I didn't say all the players. The language has rules.
    A fundamental misunderstanding of the first amendment displayed in this post.

I like watching the NFL, when it wasn't politicized it was a unifying force in the US. It no longer is, now it is politicized and the escape from that nonsense and the central conversation that crossed political barriers no longer exists. Unfortunately it isn't as enjoyable any longer.

I don't "boycott" the NFL, I just don't watch any longer because ESPN, the NFL, the players have all decided that they need to insert themselves into politics.

However the "stand or lose citizenship" idiocy. Yeah. Though I dislike their method and the NFL was foolish not to include it in the contracts like the NBA to stand during the Anthem, they have a right to ruin the fun for me as much as they want. I'll fight for their right. Nobody is losing citizenship because you don't like their protest that is what the first amendment is all about.
    And not all players "have decided that they need to insert themselves into politics".

I introduce America's team as exhibit A:

Jerry Jones: If I see any of you yuppies kneeling during the national anthem, then we got problems.

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

I quoted a post where the guy I was speaking with said they should lose their citizenship. Are you not paying attention?
    I don't care about a conversation you had with some guy; I am speaking about a prolific false narrative and the FAKE medias attempt to promulgate it to low information dullards who then regurgitate it on forms like this.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Русский  (09-24-2017)

5. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
    That is the core issue. When some idiot supremacists gather and wouldn't otherwise make much noise, they are being violently confronted and denied. Yet the left is getting their knickers in a bunch when people are speaking up for an overpaid ball player.
    If people think this guy has a right to kneel, by all means, although decorum would dictate him to do it in his private time. By that token, the supremacists should be left free to assemble as well, assuming they have permit and just stand there and look their silly self).
    But no....

just wait for the "how dare you compare the two" and other nonsense.
    Lets see who can figure it out without getting obscene.
    It's different when they're being intolerant, though.
    Spot on.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

6. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I don't care about a conversation you had with some guy; I am speaking about a prolific false narrative and the FAKE medias attempt to promulgate it to low information dullards who then regurgitate it on forms like this.
    And I was directly holding a conversation with somebody who promoted government action against the guys not standing. I was telling that person directly and concisely why I would not support any such action and why I thought he was not a patriot. Look, I don't like the sport turned political, I won't be watching until there is less of that around, and I think the NFL would be smart to make it part of every future contract like the NBA, but I will not be supporting any "Lose their citizenship" movement.

People who think the government should punish people for not supporting the government are disgusting to me in a visceral way. They have a right to be jackasses without government sticking its nose into it.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

7. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Citizenship is controlled by government.
    Theoretically, anyway.

Are you clear on what I was talking about? To make it very clear: The person I quoted was promoting government action, I was telling him that the constitution, which I mention I support 100%, doesn't allow it and that if he doesn't like the constitution he has every right to go ahead and leave for a more fascist approach.
    I'm not following you. Are you saying that Truth Detector is in government? I don't think that's who you mean.

May I see the quote you alluded to, please?

8. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And I was directly holding a conversation with somebody who promoted government action against the guys not standing. I was telling that person directly and concisely why I would not support any such action and why I thought he was not a patriot. Look, I don't like the sport turned political, I won't be watching until there is less of that around, and I think the NFL would be smart to make it part of every future contract like the NBA, but I will not be supporting any "Lose their citizenship" movement.
    You said you quoted this person, didn't you? I was under the impression that you meant that someone on the forum connected with the government said naughty kneelers should be stripped of their citizenship.

It seems like you are reporting hearsay that someone unconnected with government said the naughty kneelers should lose their citizenship.

Have I got that right?

9. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Theoretically, anyway.

I'm not following you. Are you saying that Truth Detector is in government? I don't think that's who you mean.

May I see the quote you alluded to, please?
    Really? Promoting the loss of citizenship for a non-violent protest action is supporting government action against those you simply disagree with. I'll not be supporting that. And the guy doubled down on it. And it wasn't Truth Detector. Start from the beginning of the conversation, you might be able to participate in the conversation better if you understand where it began.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

10. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    You dont support Rump's call to have them fired?
    Did Trump call to have them fired, Comrade Brad Jarod?

11. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

A fundamental misunderstanding of the first amendment displayed in this post.

I like watching the NFL, when it wasn't politicized it was a unifying force in the US. It no longer is, now it is politicized and the escape from that nonsense and the central conversation that crossed political barriers no longer exists. Unfortunately it isn't as enjoyable any longer.

I don't "boycott" the NFL, I just don't watch any longer because ESPN, the NFL, the players have all decided that they need to insert themselves into politics.

However the "stand or lose citizenship" idiocy. Yeah. Though I dislike their method and the NFL was foolish not to include it in the contracts like the NBA to stand during the Anthem, they have a right to ruin the fun for me as much as they want. I'll fight for their right. Nobody is losing citizenship because you don't like their protest that is what the first amendment is all about.
    This is my first post in this particular conversation, hit the little arrow, and see who I quoted and what they said. It might help you out there...
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

12. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Really? Promoting the loss of citizenship for a non-violent protest action is supporting government action against those you simply disagree with. I'll not be supporting that. And the guy doubled down on it. And it wasn't Truth Detector. Start from the beginning of the conversation, you might be able to participate in the conversation better if you understand where it began.
    I'm sorry, I don't see the quote you mentioned. Would you please cite it? I'd be grateful. Thank you.

13. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry, I don't see the quote you mentioned. Would you please cite it? I'd be grateful. Thank you.
    Already done.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

14. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

This is my first post in this particular conversation, hit the little arrow, and see who I quoted and what they said. It might help you out there...

"The players have all decided that they need to insert themselves into politics" stands out.

15. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"The players have all decided that they need to insert themselves into politics" stands out.
    There was a list. Taking only a portion of the sentence is quite literally taking something out of context. In a medium where others can go back and read the whole post you become your own worst enemy. Though I'll go ahead and remove all doubt about what I was saying by adding in the assumed part of conversational english for a more detailed approach through editing...
    Last edited by Damocles; 09-24-2017 at 10:03 AM.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

16. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,289 Times in 10,487 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,908 Times in 4,224 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheDonald View Post
    The American flag has already beaten the confederate and Nazi flags both.

Simpleton
    All by itself? It didn't need help from actual PEOPLE?