Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: What makes you more upset....

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,184 Times in 25,719 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Its a hallmark of facisim to insist that a national sport be connected to patriotism and required displays of affection for the Government.
    EXACTLY!!! I never understood why the anthem is played at these events.

To protest trump the Steelers stayed in the locker room while it was being played. Good for them!
    Last edited by christiefan915; 09-24-2017 at 11:01 AM.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

2. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by God bless America View Post
    You're a condemned hypocrite, Christiecrite, and a proven liar. If you say something, that's a good reason for me to doubt it.

Your mewling mantra is 'DEMOCRAT good, Republican bad', and that's how shallow you are, Christiecrite.
    You're just a shit-stirrer who deflected because you know what you'd find if you looked up those posts. So show it or stow it.

― Charles Dickens

3. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    sorry Mott. this isn't some individual decisions to ignore the anthem.
    It's an organized political movement ( by a bunch of spoiled millionaires) .

If they want to help fight racism, do something productive,
    not disrespect the flag and the entire country for which it stands.

They can donate their time and money to help inner city Baltimore for ex.
    I don't need my patriotism force-fed. trump's comments were 100% wrong. This isn't a police state and we don't fire people for symbolic speech.

― Charles Dickens

4. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Cypress (09-24-2017)

5. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 37 Times in 35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    I don't need my patriotism force-fed. trump's comments were 100% wrong. This isn't a police state and we don't fire people for symbolic speech.
    Making a suggestion is nowhere near forcing anyone or else the kneeling idiots would have been arrested. I think we need to define police state before this nonsense goes any further. Good grief, the language and insults against a sitting prez you guys get away with and you dare to utter the words "police state"?

6. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
    Making a suggestion is nowhere near forcing anyone or else the kneeling idiots would have been arrested. I think we need to define police state before this nonsense goes any further. Good grief, the language and insults against a sitting prez you guys get away with and you dare to utter the words "police state"?
    Even making the suggestion is uncalled-for. We don't punish people for protesting the flag, the anthem or any other symbol. SCOTUS ruled in favor of allowing protestors to burn the flag several decades ago, for instance. Texas v. Johnson, 491 U.S. 397 (1989)

― Charles Dickens

7. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Jarod (09-24-2017)

8. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    If Nazi's and KKK marching in the streets makes you less upset than a man taking a knee during the national anthem,

There is something wrong with you! Some very good people take a knee during the national anthem.
    Why should the bill of rights upset anyone? There is a right to speak in order to piss you off. It takes a childish mind to be upset by anyone expressing their political or religious view. Personally I express the view that there are simply to many 30-70 year adolescents that refuse to grow up while living in their snowflake reality....many on this board.

9. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

free speech applies to actions free from government arrests/interference.
    Private corp can hire and fire at will as long as it's not discrimination
    I don't know how you were diverted / You were perverted too
    I don't know how you were inverted / No one alerted you

10. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    free speech applies to actions free from government arrests/interference.
    Private corp can hire and fire at will as long as it's not discrimination
    Reality: Living in the real world. "If" pro players like Colin Kaepernick would have continued to throw TDs while leading his team to the championship playoffs......he could have run unto the field buck naked while holding a burning US flag... the management nor the fans would've gave a damn, its all about the bottom line, some people are allowed to speak more freely than others depending upon the "hierarchy" within the particular societal system.

11. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Reality: Living in the real world. "If" pro players like Colin Kaepernick would have continued to throw TDs while leading his team to the championship playoffs......he could have run unto the field buck naked while holding a burning US flag... the management nor the fans would've gave a damn, its all about the bottom line, some people are allowed to speak more freely than others depending upon the "hierarchy" within the particular societal system.
    again that is a private business decision,and so called free speech doesn't apply either way

12. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 37 Times in 35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Even making the suggestion is uncalled-for. We don't punish people for protesting the flag, the anthem or any other symbol. SCOTUS ruled in favor of allowing protestors to burn the flag several decades ago, for instance. Texas v. Johnson, 491 U.S. 397 (1989)
    But we should punish people for assembling, right?

13. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
    But we should punish people for assembling, right?
    I never said that.

― Charles Dickens

14. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Over privileged boys upset with cops dealing with black people take a knee over the national anthem. It do want even make any sense. If they are that embarrassed over their good fortune them hire some lawyer's for their less fortunate kin.
    If George Soros wants to hire fake skinheads to do battle with fake fascists in Charlottesville, its his money.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

15. The Following User Groans At Celticguy For This Awful Post:

Phantasmal (09-24-2017)

16. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,608 Times in 10,570 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by God bless America View Post
    I see. It seemed to me that you said you'd quoted someone who was connected with the government when you answered Truth Detector's question.

My mistake. For a minute I wondered if TheDonald was really THE Donald.
    Please. Re-read. I did not. I quoted a guy who suggested a government solution to the problem. Your "gotcha" needs more "gotcha".
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

17. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,892 Times in 21,656 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,684 Times in 5,187 Posts
    Blog Entries

[url]https

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

18. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,608 Times in 10,570 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheDonald View Post
    What if people take a knee and say that they are not paying taxes to the US Flag?

Hmmm

Does the first amendment protect that?
    Who is doing that? Or do you think nonsense hypotheticals are a valid form of argument? They "might" stop paying taxes, and they disagree with you, so we should use government power to kick them out though they have every right to disagree with you? I think you have no idea what the constitution is or what it means.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle