Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rob Reiner and Morgan Freeman Declare ‘War’ on Russia

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Default Rob Reiner and Morgan Freeman Declare ‘War’ on Russia

The first time the Oscar-winning actor took on the role of president, in 1998’s Deep Impact, he was charged with protecting the human race from a giant comet. In a video released Tuesday for Reiner’s newly formed Committee to Investigate Russia, Freeman addresses a different type of existential threat.

“We have been attacked,” Freeman says into the camera. “We are at war.”

The actor is talking about the coordinated cyber attacks that intelligence agencies believe Russia executed against the U.S. in an effort to elect Donald Trump. “We need our president to speak directly to us and tell us the truth,” Freeman says, as he sits behind a desk and delivers the message he and Reiner want to hear from Trump.

“My fellow Americans, during this past election, we came under attack by the Russian government,” Freeman says in his most presidential voice. “I’ve called on Congress and our intelligence community to use every resource available to conduct a thorough investigation to determine exactly how this happened.”
    Joining Reiner on the committee’s advisory board are a bipartisan group of #NeverTrumpers that includes conservative radio host Charlie Sykes and former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper. George W. Bush’s speechwriter David Frum helped Reiner announce the project on CNN Tuesday morning.

Asked if he ever thought he would be sitting side by side in solidarity with a man who helped pave the way for the War in Iraq with his “Axis of Evil” rhetoric, Reiner, a lifelong Democrat, says, “Well, this is the funny thing about this. When it comes to our country being attacked, it would never cross my mind that I wouldn’t be sitting next to him. It’s only odd that I’m sitting next to him because the country is so partisan right now.”

It’s a dilemma that Hillary Clinton addressed as well this past week during the book tour for her campaign memoir What Happened. In the same interview in which she said she would not “rule out” questioning Trump’s “legitimacy” as president if more information about the Russian attacks is uncovered, Clinton told Fresh Air host Terry Gross that if, like Trump, she had lost the popular vote and won the Electoral College and intelligence officials were pointing to Russian interference, she “would've never stood for it.”

“Even though it might've advantaged me, I would've said, ‘We've got to get to the bottom of this,’” Clinton added. “I would've set up an independent commission with subpoena power and everything else.”

“She’s right about that,” Reiner says of Clinton’s comments. “As painful as it was for her to be at the receiving end of all of these negative and false campaign propaganda, there is a bigger issue here.”

“It has the capacity to be as devastating as a nuclear attack,” Reiner says of cyber warfare. “People just don’t get the severity of it, because it’s insidious, it’s clandestine, it sneaks in there.” Reiner compares this type of warfare to high blood pressure. “You feel fine and the next thing you know you’re dropping dead of a heart attack.”

When I spoke to Reiner at Politicon in Pasadena, Calif. over the summer, he said it was only a “matter of time” before Special Counsel Robert Mueller uncovered “crimes” committed by Trump in relation to Russia. But now he insists that his reasons for forming the committee have “nothing to do with Donald Trump,” explaining that it’s about “something much, much bigger than that.” While Trump’s fate will be determined by Mueller’s investigation, Reiner has decided to focus his efforts on the potential future threats to American democracy.
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/rob-rei...-war-on-russia
    I don't know how you were diverted / You were perverted too
    I don't know how you were inverted / No one alerted you

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,435 Times in 2,073 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 172 Times in 170 Posts

Liberal meat-head Reiner got Tucked.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

sooo mmnay things wrong here..statrt with the fact we have like a 1/2 dozen investigations already.

Hillary's campaign started this claptrap - the postmortum with Podesta and Mooks.
    (This was excuse number 1 for those keeping score -we are now up to#47 at last count)

all of which led to the deligitimization campaign ,the Clapper-claptrap Assessment and the "Russian collusions" investigations.

Reiner couldn't have GAF if Hillary had won, to be sure

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

“We have been attacked,” Freeman says into the camera. “We are at war.”
    John McCain says the same

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    John McCain says the same
    McCain has an excuse; he is dying from a brain tumor.

How come we aren't "at war" with China, whose hostile cyber operations are huge and well-documented?

Liberal meat-head Reiner didn't have a convincing answer for that question, did he?

It's another head of the "Muh Russia" Hydra that Hillary fanbois concocted to explain her loss.

The fact is that the only US state whose voting network was successfully hacked is Illinois - which went for Hillary. Let that sink in.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,312 Times in 10,503 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm glad somebody is recognizing the Russian threat, unlike Trump, who sucks the Russian dick.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

Althea (09-23-2017), Cypress (09-23-2017), Phantasmal (09-23-2017), Rune (09-23-2017)

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by God bless America View Post
    McCain has an excuse; he is dying from a brain tumor.

How come we aren't "at war" with China, whose hostile cyber operations are huge and well-documented?

Liberal meat-head Reiner didn't have a convincing answer for that question, did he?

It's another head of the "Muh Russia" Hydra that Hillary fanbois concocted to explain her loss.

The fact is that the only US state whose voting network was successfully hacked is Illinois - which went for Hillary. Let that sink in.
    Reiner wouldn't give a damn if it wasn't his precious Hillary -M.F. did voice over for her campaign too.
    It's pure politics. Spice up "Russian collusion" again since most of us have moved on.

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,155 Times in 33,858 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

Reiner wouldn't give a damn if it wasn't his precious Hillary -M.F. did voice over for her campaign too.
    It's pure politics. Spice up "Russian collusion" again since most of us have moved on.
    Actually, that isn't true, most people haven't moved on, most believe Trump has obstructed the Russian investigation and they believe the campaign is dirty.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Althea (09-23-2017), Cypress (09-23-2017), Rune (09-23-2017)

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    Actually, that isn't true, most people haven't moved on, most believe Trump has obstructed the Russian investigation and they believe the campaign is dirty.
    I have no way to know that or not.
    It's the "Russian collusion" or "The Russians did it" that has quieted down .
    Only Shillbots cling to it - and this dramatic "war with Russia"crap does hurt international relations

12. The Following User Groans At dukkha For This Awful Post:

Rune (09-23-2017)

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,312 Times in 10,503 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

I understand that you want to "move on". You wish to ignore the obvious.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

Althea (09-23-2017), Rune (09-23-2017)

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,680 Times in 27,325 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Rob Reiner and Morgan Freeman Declare ‘War’ on Russia
    I had no idea the Trump-worship could turn grown men into such pitiable drama queens!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Althea (09-23-2017), Phantasmal (09-23-2017)

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I had no idea the Trump-worship could turn grown men into such pitiable drama queens!
    I'm not the one (side) using dramatic voice overs and pushing youtube drama.

18. The Following User Groans At dukkha For This Awful Post:

Rune (09-23-2017)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Русский  (09-23-2017)

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    I understand that you want to "move on". You wish to ignore the obvious.
    Russian collusion is a dead letter.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Rune (09-23-2017)

22. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,155 Times in 33,858 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

I have no way to know that or not.
    It's the "Russian collusion" or "The Russians did it" that has quieted down .
    Only Shillbots cling to it - and this dramatic "war with Russia"crap does hurt international relations
    If you have no way of knowing, don't make the claim that most people have moved on, most people just tired of hearing about it, constantly, but are waiting for the results and most believe Trump is guilty of obstruction.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Rune (09-23-2017)

24. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    LOL. Liar.