Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rob Reiner and Morgan Freeman Declare ‘War’ on Russia

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by God bless America View Post
    Don't you have some clever rule-breaking remarks to make so Covfefe can cover your tracks, Watermark?
    Patriotic conservatives never break the rules.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post

The first time the Oscar-winning actor took on the role of president, in 1998’s Deep Impact, he was charged with protecting the human race from a giant comet. In a video released Tuesday for Reiner’s newly formed Committee to Investigate Russia, Freeman addresses a different type of existential threat.

“We have been attacked,” Freeman says into the camera. “We are at war.”

The actor is talking about the coordinated cyber attacks that intelligence agencies believe Russia executed against the U.S. in an effort to elect Donald Trump. “We need our president to speak directly to us and tell us the truth,” Freeman says, as he sits behind a desk and delivers the message he and Reiner want to hear from Trump.

“My fellow Americans, during this past election, we came under attack by the Russian government,” Freeman says in his most presidential voice. “I’ve called on Congress and our intelligence community to use every resource available to conduct a thorough investigation to determine exactly how this happened.”
    Joining Reiner on the committee’s advisory board are a bipartisan group of #NeverTrumpers that includes conservative radio host Charlie Sykes and former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper. George W. Bush’s speechwriter David Frum helped Reiner announce the project on CNN Tuesday morning.

Asked if he ever thought he would be sitting side by side in solidarity with a man who helped pave the way for the War in Iraq with his “Axis of Evil” rhetoric, Reiner, a lifelong Democrat, says, “Well, this is the funny thing about this. When it comes to our country being attacked, it would never cross my mind that I wouldn’t be sitting next to him. It’s only odd that I’m sitting next to him because the country is so partisan right now.”

It’s a dilemma that Hillary Clinton addressed as well this past week during the book tour for her campaign memoir What Happened. In the same interview in which she said she would not “rule out” questioning Trump’s “legitimacy” as president if more information about the Russian attacks is uncovered, Clinton told Fresh Air host Terry Gross that if, like Trump, she had lost the popular vote and won the Electoral College and intelligence officials were pointing to Russian interference, she “would've never stood for it.”

“Even though it might've advantaged me, I would've said, ‘We've got to get to the bottom of this,’” Clinton added. “I would've set up an independent commission with subpoena power and everything else.”

“She’s right about that,” Reiner says of Clinton’s comments. “As painful as it was for her to be at the receiving end of all of these negative and false campaign propaganda, there is a bigger issue here.”

“It has the capacity to be as devastating as a nuclear attack,” Reiner says of cyber warfare. “People just don’t get the severity of it, because it’s insidious, it’s clandestine, it sneaks in there.” Reiner compares this type of warfare to high blood pressure. “You feel fine and the next thing you know you’re dropping dead of a heart attack.”

When I spoke to Reiner at Politicon in Pasadena, Calif. over the summer, he said it was only a “matter of time” before Special Counsel Robert Mueller uncovered “crimes” committed by Trump in relation to Russia. But now he insists that his reasons for forming the committee have “nothing to do with Donald Trump,” explaining that it’s about “something much, much bigger than that.” While Trump’s fate will be determined by Mueller’s investigation, Reiner has decided to focus his efforts on the potential future threats to American democracy.
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/rob-rei...-war-on-russia
    no this is about TRUMP,on that you can bet.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to chink For This Post:

Русский  (09-23-2017)

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 37 Times in 35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    One doesn't have to "look it up", it appears with your posts, opposite your name, ride hand side! It's easy to deduce.
    six thousand posts in two months.
    broken down by ppm? Ah yes, failed to see that. Gee, are we standoffish today

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,435 Times in 2,073 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 172 Times in 170 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by soiled knickers View Post
    Patriotic conservatives never break the rules.
    That may be so, but Y O U did, Watermark. Or should I call you Rose? Or maybe you prefer Chuck and Nancy?

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

One doesn't have to "look it up", it appears with your posts, opposite your name, ride hand side! It's easy to deduce.
    Tell me how smart you are, you useless lump of sagging flesh.

7. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That may be so, but Y O U did, Watermark. Or should I call you Rose? Or maybe you prefer Chuck and Nancy?
    I have never broken the rules, I❤BlackCock

8. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yes, you have, and I don't care about your sexual predilections, Watermark. Or should I call you Rose? Or maybe you prefer Chuck and Nancy?

9. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,740 Times in 14,334 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Actually, that isn't true, most people haven't moved on, most believe Trump has obstructed the Russian investigation and they believe the campaign is dirty.
    Further, they know that he's profiting handsomely from sitting in the White House.

He raised over $100 million for an inauguration party that nobody would agree to play at. He claims he spent $50 million. The rest is in his pocket.

This is the only business move he's ever made that turned a profit.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-23-2017)

11. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Further, they know that he's profiting handsomely from sitting in the White House. He raised over $100 million for an inauguration party that nobody would agree to play at. He claims he spent $50 million. The rest is in his pocket. This is the only business move he's ever made that turned a profit.
    Let's see the proof those of those claims. Or - again - am I supposed to believe it because "Althea told me"?

12. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,740 Times in 14,334 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
    Since we are guessing, how about Obama hushed it up nicely until it turned out not to be in Clinton's favor? I mean, anyone can throw out some rumors, if you get my drift.
    Nice try
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

13. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Nice try
    You "rebuttal" is devoid of facts, as usual.

14. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yes, you have, and I don't care about your sexual predilections, Watermark. Or should I call you Rose? Or maybe you prefer Chuck and Nancy?

15. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    Russian collusion is a dead letter.
    Not if Mueller acts upon the evidence that Manafort and the Podesta brothers colluded with the pro-Russian party in Ukraine with the blessings of Hillary's State Department.

16. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

17. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans