Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jimmy Kimmel's brilliant, must-see monologue from last night.

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Just because it's a non-profit hospital does not mean they give away free halth care to anyone who walks through the door, moron.

They charge just as much as any other hospital, but will "free ride" certain individuals who meet certain financial criteria.

I guarantee you Kimmel paid his hospital bills either out of his own pocket or via his extremely expensive health insurance.

So you have no point whatsoever.
    You miss the point and are lying and defending a hypocrite by Omission of the facts. The hospital exists and can provide such excellent treatment because of the 200 million annual donations from the private sector and this Hollywood asshole pretended that a single payer system could do the same thing for EVERYONE. He is a millionaire tight ass because he wants Big Brother to fund these excellent facilities...something that can not and will not happen under any government controlled system because places like the Mayo Clinic, The Cleveland Clinic, etc., would be phazed out because the best of the best refuses to work for peanuts.

Example, this is what you are defending: "I do think at a certain point, YOU'VE MADE TO MUCH MONEY" -- BHO
    or "I think when you spread the wealth around (income redistribution), its good for everyone." -- BHO

Except for the sick children that could no longer have access to such fine treatment facilities such as the one Jimmy Kimmel used to save his own child, as these physicians don't work for free or do they wish to allow Big Brother to dictate their terms of their services and wages. That's why it takes 200 million a year in contributions to exist. Do you know just how many fine physicians have quit because of Obama Care? Up to 83% have considered quitting because of Obama Care with many actually quitting according to the Doctor Patient Medical Association. Its an easy thing to Goggle...be my quest.
    Last edited by Ralph; 09-23-2017 at 07:22 AM.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trunp Dink View Post
    Jimmy Kimmel is too awesome. Being an idiot I didn't listen to him about health care policy. Oh, see OP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    we know, Trump Dink
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rune For This Post:

Nomad (09-23-2017), Phantasmal (09-23-2017)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,003 Times in 8,030 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    You miss the point and are lying and defending a hypocrite by Omission of the facts. The hospital exists and can provide such excellent treatment because of the 200 million annual donations from the private sector and this Hollywood asshole pretended that a single payer system could do the same thing for EVERYONE. He is a millionaire tight ass because he wants Big Brother to fund these excellent facilities...something that can not and will not happen under any government controlled system because places like the Mayo Clinic, The Cleveland Clinic, etc., would be phazed out because the best of the best refuses to work for peanuts.

The money they get in donations from the "private sector" (it's also from wealthy individuals, many of them liberal celebrities and philanthropic organizations) does not cover the entire operation, screwball.

Donations only cover charity care.

The bulk of their revenue is from the charges incurred by patients who pay for the care they received there both out of pocket and via insurance payments.

Stop it with your damned conservacrap.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

domer76 (09-23-2017), Phantasmal (09-23-2017), Rune (09-23-2017)

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Its simple.....Coverage does not mean good health care treatment. Obama care covers many but both the quality of treatment and cost are a joke as the program was designed to fail, and its in the process as we speek.
    That is a lie....RomneyCare paid for heart surgery which saved my life.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post

The money they get in donations from the "private sector" (it's also from wealthy individuals, many of them liberal celebrities and philanthropic organizations) does not cover the entire operation, screwball.

Donations only cover charity care.

The bulk of their revenue is from the charges incurred by patients who pay for the care they received there both out of pocket and via insurance payments.

Stop it with your damned conservacrap.
    And? That explains the Boondoggle known as Obama Care....How? Get back on topic....the private sector is the private sector regardless of the D or R. LMAO. Again I must ask....are you a child, with the superhero avatar and the way that you attempt to deflect away from your own ignorance and inability to defend your position? And the bulk of their income is from those who can pay? Really? Then I ask the logical question? Why the need and solicitation of the 200 million in charitable donations?

Do you ever read the illogical things you characters on the left attempt to defend? Again....the point is, regardless of funding.....these facilities could not exist in a single payer system. If you don't believe that ask all the citizens of the socialized medicine that come HERE to seek treatment many of which from our northern socialized neighbor....CANADA. When the life of themselves or their loved ones are at stake.....to the private sector funded healthcare in the US they flock like migrating waterfowl. Why? They demand to make their own life/death decisions and leave Big Brother out to the loop.

Again: Obama Care has proven one thing, being covered does not equate to good healthcare coverage....as both the quality and cost have been effected grossly by this bureaucratic nightmare. An "oxymoron" if one ever existed: The "AFFORDABLE" healthcare act. Truth? It was designed to fail....and then Big Brother could come rushing in with a single payer plan. The "hiccup"? Trump won.
    Last edited by Ralph; 09-23-2017 at 07:38 AM.

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 80 Times in 78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    And Romney gives money to people who have sex with all the little girls in the town

9. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,137 Times in 33,847 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

And? That explains the Boondoggle known as Obama Care....How? Get back on topic....the private sector is the private sector regardless of the D or R. LMAO. Again I must ask....are you a child, with the superhero avatar and they way that you attempt to deflect away from your own ignorance and inability to defend your position? And the bulk of their income is from those who can pay? Really? Then I ask the logical question? Why the need and solicitation of the 200 million in charitable donations? Do you ever read the illogical things you characters on the left attempt to defend?
    http://www.benefitspro.com/2017/07/0...-as-gop-claims

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Here's the article from Shapiro, who's daughter had the same surgery from the same doctor, on why Kimmel doesn't have moral authority on this and what the comedian is missing about policy.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/21330/...re-ben-shapiro

11. The Following User Groans At cawacko For This Awful Post:

Rune (09-23-2017)

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,304 Times in 10,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,916 Times in 4,232 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    Why is it greedy to want to keep your own property?
    Exactly!

"Bankruptcies resulting from unpaid medical bills will affect nearly 2 million people this year—making health care the No. 1 cause of such filings, and outpacing bankruptcies due to credit-card bills or unpaid mortgages, according to new data. And even having health insurance doesn't buffer consumers against financial hardship."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

Rune (09-23-2017)

14. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,304 Times in 10,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,916 Times in 4,232 Posts
    Blog Entries

No....he used his child as an example of how a supposed single payer system could save the lives of children like his...never mentioning that Big Brother don't have a damn thing to do with funding hospitals such as the one that saved the life of his child. Get with the program. If there was a single payer system in play....this hypocrite most likely would have went to a nation where his child did not have to get permission from Big Brother to save the life of his child.

As I said.....I prefer the base my morality on reality, not fantasy or Hollywood.
    A Bible-thumping creationist basing his morality on reality????? Just fucking priceless!

15. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,137 Times in 33,847 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Here's the article from Shapiro, who's daughter had the same surgery from the same doctor, on why Kimmel doesn't have moral authority on this and what the comedian is missing about policy.

I'll take Kimmel he has more compassion. How many non profit hospitals are there to save all the babies needing this surgery or follow up care? The child's problems don't end with surgery. My nephew has heart problems and his family had to file bankruptcy before the ACA.

16. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheDonald View Post
    And Romney gives money to people who have sex with all the little girls in the town

Post reported.

bye bye

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Rune For This Post:

domer76 (09-23-2017)

18. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post

bullshit article is typical right wing hysteria not based on facts, shut the fuck up.

19. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 80 Times in 78 Posts

Post reported.

bye bye
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-life-sentence

So you want to live in denial that Mormons are having sex with all the little girls in the town.

Polygamy denies every woman basic rights and is clearly a form of slavery

Report that kid............................

20. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Now I have another reason to hate Romney. You should have died