Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Black NFL players send Goodell a memo demanding racial justice!! NFL is 70% black

1. #271 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    Still waiting for liberals to explain why it's ok for the NFL to be 70% black when it should be 13% black.

Us white boys would also like to make 20 million a year for playing a game.
    It's that way because pro sports is pure, color blind, meritocracy.

One of the principles, ironically, the flag represents.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. #272 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    The league is doing poorly because the product isn't that good right now. I really don't think Kaep's protest had much to do w/ it.

I still don't get why people are so up in arms about him kneeling during the anthem. Protest & dissent are integral to who we are as a nation.
    It is.

But one of the things that unites us is the flag. These guys are also protesting while on the job. On highly paid jobs, which people over many generations have a fought and died so these guys would have the *privilege* [let that word sink in] of becoming millionaires for playing a game the vast majority of us played in our backyard or HS.

You don't think they could find some other way to protest?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

dukkha (09-24-2017), Stretch (09-24-2017)

4. #273 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,231 Times in 3,449 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,212 Times in 1,887 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    It's that way because pro sports is pure, color blind, meritocracy.

So you're saying whites are physically inferior.??? Why can't whites say blacks are mentally inferior to explain why there are so few blacks in business and science? THINK
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

5. #274 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,316 Times in 10,506 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    If white players were kneeling during the anthem to protest affirmative action you'd be screaming to feed them to the ovens.
    "If/would" idiot alert!

6. #275 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    maybe that's true, but that is their problem, don't make it ours.

Truth be told I will always watch football, Basketball, Baseball regardless.
    I love sports. And I don't even notice or care about the number of blacks or whites on a given team. I wouldn't even notice if the nobody would talk about it. Who cares.

The only thing I have ever cared about with distancing myself as a fan of a player is his abandoning his team to chase money or a title. I don't care what color they are.

Two of my heroes, Muhammad Ali and Jackie Robinson were embroiled in racism issues and regardless of my disagreement with Ali on his military stance I could care less in as far as his sport was concerned.
    Colin Kapernick I just find repulsive because of his confusion in mixing his message with the wrong vehicle to drive it.

My favorite baseball player of all time, Willie Mays, Basketball Larry Bird, football Jim Brown and Johnny Unitas.
    You miss the entire point, huh ?....too complicated for your little brain.....
    liberals love to say that any job where blacks are under-represented proves racial discrimination. But they're silent about the gross over-representation of blacks in football and basketball.
    Have someone explain it all to you and while you're at it, lookup the definition of hypocrisy....
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

7. #276 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    maybe that's true, but that is their problem, don't make it ours.

Truth be told I will always watch football, Basketball, Baseball regardless.
    I love sports. And I don't even notice or care about the number of blacks or whites on a given team. I wouldn't even notice if the nobody would talk about it. Who cares.

The only thing I have ever cared about with distancing myself as a fan of a player is his abandoning his team to chase money or a title. I don't care what color they are.

Two of my heroes, Muhammad Ali and Jackie Robinson were embroiled in racism issues and regardless of my disagreement with Ali on his military stance I could care less in as far as his sport was concerned.
    Colin Kapernick I just find repulsive because of his confusion in mixing his message with the wrong vehicle to drive it.

My favorite baseball player of all time, Willie Mays,
    Basketball Larry Bird, football Jim Brown and Johnny Unitas.
    There is hope for you. Anyone that has Willie as their fav can't be all bad....lol

Growing up he was my/our favorite & I met him several times as a kid..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

8. #277 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

football Jim Brown and Johnny Unitas.
    Johnny U and his hightop shoes..he was a class act.
    My mother was his pets veterinarian.

9. #278 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    NFL=NoFansLeft
    NFL - STILL ANERICA'S MOST WATCHED SPORT.

Don't like it .. there is always Golf, NASCAR and of course, the WWE. although it's not really a sport, at least you guys always get to win.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

10. #279 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    It is.

But one of the things that unites us is the flag. These guys are also protesting while on the job. On highly paid jobs, which people over many generations have a fought and died so these guys would have the *privilege* [let that word sink in] of becoming millionaires for playing a game the vast majority of us played in our backyard or HS.

You don't think they could find some other way to protest?
    You don't understand protest. It's meant to be uncomfortable and make use of the platforms given.

This is First Amendment protected peaceful protest, and still the right protests.

You also don't understand the more the right makes noise, the louder they scream, the more successful you make the cause. Colin Kaepernick is now known all over the world. He may indeed be more globally popular then Trump .. and you guys did that.

Trump jumps into the fray with his unique brand of ignorance .. and what happens?

NFL Players Protest Trump And Racism In Games Across The Country
    Football players have been galvanized by criticism from the president.

The Falcons Head Coach and owner jump in to defend the right to peaceful protest against the thing you call president.

You've not only elevated Kaepernick .. you've also elevated the cause.

Thanks

You think your side is winning this battle? :0)
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Bill (09-24-2017)

12. #280 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

New England Patriots

13. #281 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

New Orleans Saints

New Orleans Saints players sit on the bench during the national anthem before a game against the Carolina Panthers.

14. #282 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Tennessee Titans

An empty Tenneesee Titans bench during the Anthem as the team stayed in their locker room

15. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Bill (09-24-2017)

16. #283 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Los Angeles Chargers

Members of the Los Angeles Chargers lock arms in protest before their game against Kansas City

17. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Bill (09-24-2017)

18. #284 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Green Bay Packers

Green Bay Packes players, including quarterback Aaron Rodgers stand with arms locked in protest during the Anthem before game against Cincinnati

19. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Bill (09-24-2017)

20. #285 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Washington Redskins

Members of the Washington Redskins stand arm-in-arm during national anthem before a game against the Oakland Raiders.