Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bernie Sanders: ‘The Current Model of the Democratic Party Obviously Is Not Working’

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    Had Bernmaster Sandy run independent, he would have handed Douchebag Donald an electoral landslide, and probably the popular vote. The whole idea of a primary challenge is that you give the party the opportunity to recover from your candidacy in time to be competitive in the general election.
    I respect your wisdom my friend. My perspectives about Sanders considers the sound perspectives of people I respect, like you, even though I disagree.

Consider the voter who voted for Obama, then in 2016, voted for a clown. Take a moment and think about that. A great many of such voters voted for the clown in rejection of Hillary Clinton .. not because she wouldn't have been a better executive, nor shy away from many of the issues THEY support. Issues that the clown either won't touch or make worse.

They voted for the clown out of emotion, not intelligence, not political wisdom, not real concern for the future of this nation.

EMOTION.

How do you craft a party based on the need to accommodate 'independents' who vote on emotion?
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-20-2017)

3. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    Bernie caucuses w/ the Dems. He votes with the Dems..He's a Dem in everything but name
    Then he isn't a democrat.

Bernie Sanders (B)

The distinction is simple.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

you should not listen to Bernie......you should continue to everything just like you did in 2016......

5. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    Then he isn't a democrat.

Bernie Sanders (B)

The distinction is simple.
    hmmmm.he is more then he isn't
    But if he's not -that works even better for me

6. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

I respect your wisdom my friend. My perspectives about Sanders considers the sound perspectives of people I respect, like you, even though I disagree.

Consider the voter who voted for Obama, then in 2016, voted for a clown. Take a moment and think about that. A great many of such voters voted for the clown in rejection of Hillary Clinton .. not because she wouldn't have been a better executive, nor shy away from many of the issues THEY support. Issues that the clown either won't touch or make worse.

They voted for the clown out of emotion, not intelligence, not political wisdom, not real concern for the future of this nation.

EMOTION.

How do you craft a party based on the need to accommodate 'independents' who vote on emotion?
    That's true. I have always tended to view independent voters as people with broader political perspectives than the rigid platforms of the two parties. Clearly, there are a lot of the types you described running around. These people seem attracted to the cult of personality, which Obama and Trump have managed to feed them in spades. I guess to defeat Trump, the Dems need someone off-the-wall, like Bill Clinton is/was. Perhaps that's why people keep talking-up Biden...

7. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 37 Times in 35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    After pushing back against Hillary Clinton‘s claim about his support for her in 2016, Bernie Sanders criticized the Democratic party at large on Meet the Press this morning.

Clinton has made a point of saying that Sanders is not a Democrat and doesn’t even ID as one.

Sanders told Chuck Todd, “The current model of the Democratic party obviously is not working. Republicans control the House, the Senate, they control the White House, they control two-thirds of the governors’ offices.”

He said Democrats should do more to reach out to independents.

Watch above, via NBC.
    It takes a good man like Bernie to reflect honestly. It should be said that cons need to do some soul searching as well. Too many stuffy old career politicians with too little comprehension of life outside DC is our biggest problem.
    That, and those evil few who thrive, and profit, on setting us against each other instead of seeking solutions.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Canceled.2018.1 For This Post:

Bill (09-20-2017)

9. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 37 Times in 35 Posts

You listen to them and reflect, you don't insult them.

10. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

hmmmm.he is more then he isn't
    But if he's not -that works even better for me
    I'm sure it does.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

dukkha (09-20-2017)

12. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
    You listen to them and reflect, you don't insult them.
    You can listen to them all you want, at the end of the day you cannot craft policy based on emotion.

No one insults them nearly as bad as their own emotional vote has insulted their own intelligence.

13. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm sure it does.
    well i'll do anything to destroy/hobble/break down the 2 party system

even vote for Trump/Bernie !
    I don't know how you were diverted / You were perverted too
    I don't know how you were inverted / No one alerted you

14. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,265 Times in 3,123 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 254 Posts

Isn't the current model, Bernie Sanders. ..?
    Keep changing the names. It doesn't change the meaning.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

15. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It takes a good man like Bernie to reflect honestly. It should be said that cons need to do some soul searching as well. Too many stuffy old career politicians with too little comprehension of life outside DC is our biggest problem.
    That, and those evil few who thrive, and profit, on setting us against each other instead of seeking solutions.
    For the most part, I agree with you.

However, the ability to legislate ideas and policy is an entirely different question.

16. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

well i'll do anything to destroy/hobble/break down the 2 party system

even vote for Trump/Bernie !
    Good luck with that .. why not cure cancer and halt aging in the process?

17. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Good luck with that .. why not cure cancer and halt aging in the process?
    a successful Trump presidency would go as long way to breaking down the duopoly.
    Or negotiating w/Dems and leaving the Republicans out in the cold..
    it would force that elusive bi-partisanship

It can be done "yes we can" - but it takes some results and reshuffling

18. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,155 Times in 33,858 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

One point, Bernie Sanders is a career politician, he may not be stuffy or maybe he is, but he is a career politician.