Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bernie Sanders: ‘The Current Model of the Democratic Party Obviously Is Not Working’

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Bernie Sanders: ‘The Current Model of the Democratic Party Obviously Is Not Working’

After pushing back against Hillary Clinton‘s claim about his support for her in 2016, Bernie Sanders criticized the Democratic party at large on Meet the Press this morning.

Clinton has made a point of saying that Sanders is not a Democrat and doesn’t even ID as one.

Sanders told Chuck Todd, “The current model of the Democratic party obviously is not working. Republicans control the House, the Senate, they control the White House, they control two-thirds of the governors’ offices.”

He said Democrats should do more to reach out to independents.

Watch above, via NBC.
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,799 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 171 Times in 164 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    After pushing back against Hillary Clinton‘s claim about his support for her in 2016, Bernie Sanders criticized the Democratic party at large on Meet the Press this morning.

Clinton has made a point of saying that Sanders is not a Democrat and doesn’t even ID as one.

Sanders told Chuck Todd, “The current model of the Democratic party obviously is not working. Republicans control the House, the Senate, they control the White House, they control two-thirds of the governors’ offices.”

Watch above, via NBC.
    Like what?
    "Independents" generally are independent thinkers. Dems want to control as many aspects of people's personal lives as possible.
    Last edited by Cancel 2018.1; 09-18-2017 at 02:28 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2018.1 For This Post:

OldMercsRule (09-19-2017)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Watch above, via NBC.
    Why are democrats listening to someone who rejects the Democratic Party telling them what they should do?

It's not working because democrats didn't elect him president?

What exactly has independents like him ever accomplished?

How do you align and lead a party of independents whose values are all over the place?
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Cancel 2018.1 (09-18-2017)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    Why are democrats listening to someone who rejects the Democratic Party telling them what they should do?

How do you align and lead a party of independents whose values are all over the place?
    Independents like him, & YOU have a lot to offer... He addressed being a member of that party in the 1 min video...

As he said, the gop has the house, the senate, the wht house & 2/3 of the governorships in the country~the dem party needs to do something, & being more inviting to indies should certainly be part of the IMHO....
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,799 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 171 Times in 164 Posts

Certainly true in my case. I'm for strict gun control, Austrian economics, pro choice, rewarding personal responsibility, penalizing personal irresponsibility, pared down military (especially the army), low taxes, secular govt., tort reform, etc., etc.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2018.1 For This Post:

blackascoal (09-18-2017)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Independents like him, & YOU have a lot to offer... He addressed being a member of that party in the 1 min video...

As he said, the gop has the house, the senate, the wht house & 2/3 of the governorships in the country~the dem party needs to do something, & being more inviting to indies should certainly be part of the IMHO....
    Here's the lesson of 2016 good brother .. there are only two political parties in the United States. All else is an illusion.

2016 meant that I no longer had the luxury of being independent. Certainly I can, and do, think independently, but I can not be politically effect unless I chose a side .. as imperfect as that side may be.

Attraction to the Democratic Party should come from attraction to the ideals, policies, and successes it espouses .. not because we need independents to win. That sets democrats up for the same ideological failures that now plagues the Republican Party which is now so dependent on racists that they can't get rid of them.

Either stand for something, or fall for anything.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aloysious View Post
    Certainly true in my case. I'm for strict gun control, Austrian economics, pro choice, rewarding personal responsibility, penalizing personal irresponsibility, pared down military (especially the army), low taxes, secular govt., tort reform, etc., etc.
    :0) You would certainly be the model for that argument brother.

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 80 Times in 78 Posts

Because Sanders is right, and because the Democratic party conspired against him, and because the Democratic party is currently the party of losers, like you and your racist family are all losers

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

the reality is many millennials are choosing to remain independent; that doesn't mean they can't be partisan and vote for one party but they clearly aren't just picking a side saying my party ride or die

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    the reality is many millennials are choosing to remain independent; that doesn't mean they can't be partisan and vote for one party but they clearly aren't just picking a side saying my party ride or die
    When I was their age, I was as politically naïve as they are.

That being said, most of them lean left.

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 80 Times in 78 Posts

When I was their age, I was as politically naïve as they are.

That being said, most of them lean left.
    But are you a member of black lives matter, and why won't you answer either way

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Here's the lesson of 2016 good brother .. there are only two political parties in the United States. All else is an illusion.

2016 meant that I no longer had the luxury of being independent. Certainly I can, and do, think independently, but I can not be politically effect unless I chose a side .. as imperfect as that side may be.

Attraction to the Democratic Party should come from attraction to the ideals, policies, and successes it espouses .. not because we need independents to win. That sets democrats up for the same ideological failures that now plagues the Republican Party which is now so dependent on racists that they can't get rid of them.

Either stand for something, or fall for anything.
    There are just two effective political parties today, but independents and lesser parties do play a role, if it weren't for Sanders, an independent, the topic of single payer insurance wouldn't even be discussed as a topic today

Third parties have always played a role, actually the innovators of new ideas, which if credible, the major parties quickly absorb.

We just don't have ideological parties as those nations with parliamentary governments do, parties may lean in a certain direction at a given point in time, but as we have seen, even this direction can take a 180 turn

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    There are just two effective political parties today, but independents and lesser parties do play a role, if it weren't for Sanders, an independent, the topic of single payer insurance wouldn't even be discussed as a topic today

Third parties have always played a role, actually the innovators of new ideas, which if credible, the major parties quickly absorb.

We just don't have ideological parties as those nations with parliamentary governments do, parties may lean in a certain direction at a given point in time, but as we have seen, even this direction can take a 180 turn
    Much respect for you brother, but the issue of single-payer was discussed before and during the 'debate' over Obamacare. The time to pass SP was then, when democrats controlled the House and I believe the Senate. Democrats and Obama wimped out, choosing the plan crafted by the uber-conservative Heritage Foundation instead.

If 'influencing' the DNC or RNC is what a voter is after, then a 3rd party might make a wise choice. But, if influencing the government is what a voter is after, there are only two parties to choose from.

I say that as someone who spent many years wasting time looking for moral victories instead of political ones.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-18-2017)

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,766 Times in 33,631 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Much respect for you brother, but the issue of single-payer was discussed before and during the 'debate' over Obamacare. The time to pass SP was then, when democrats controlled the House and I believe the Senate. Democrats and Obama wimped out, choosing the plan crafted by the uber-conservative Heritage Foundation instead.

If 'influencing' the DNC or RNC is what a voter is after, then a 3rd party might make a wise choice. But, if influencing the government is what a voter is after, there are only two parties to choose from.

I say that as someone who spent many years wasting time looking for moral victories instead of political ones.
    Yep, they trusted they could do it in stages, improve as you go, and they did screw up.

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

That statement really makes one stop and think. A powerful statement. Like it.