Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Hillary Clinton says the Electoral College 'needs to be eliminated'

1. #421 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

As I keep saying, I'm torn on it - but it's pretty obvious that conservatives are terrified of changing the system.

For that matter, conservatives are terrified of more people actually voting. From motor voter all the way through the current "voter integrity commission" or whatever it is, they have consistently, without fail, opposed and tried to keep down any measure that would enable more people to vote.

So, I get it. Without the electoral, future elections would look pretty bleak for the righties.

2. #422 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,754 Times in 33,624 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    No, we have not. But I certainly understand your desire not to be proven wrong again. It is simple math. So don't question something so simple if you don't wish to discuss it.
    Yes, we have, but unfortunately because of the corruption of the database I just cant prove it.

3. #423 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    yes. it's counter-intuitive, but the EC actually forces candidates to campaign more in less populated areas.
    That is a good thing
    I dunno if it actually is good & if it is to some degree who is it good for?

Example Romney, he had to kowtow to heavily subsidized farmers in Iowa & such, & then had to itcha-sketch & run away from all that to kowtow to big corps & donors etc...
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

4. #424 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

key words there... MORE THAN HALF
    Nope, it can also be, as in this case, the greater number, sorry didn't mean to change my post to remove part of the definition, I was just trying to clean it up.

A majority doesn't always mean more than half

5. #425 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    It's not really an "analysis." What you're essentially saying is that people in CA matter less. Their votes shouldn't count as full votes.
    that is in fact the intended result of watering down the straight popular vote with two electoral votes from each state regardless of population.......

6. #426 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    Nope, it can also be, as in this case, the greater number, sorry didn't mean to change my post to remove part of the definition, I was just trying to clean it up.

it does in mathematics and politics......only in rhetoric does it mean less than 51%......

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (09-18-2017)

8. #427 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

[1]As I keep saying, I'm torn on it - but it's pretty obvious that conservatives are terrified of changing the system.

[2]For that matter, conservatives are terrified of more people actually voting. From motor voter all the way through the current "voter integrity commission" or whatever it is, they have consistently, without fail, opposed and tried to keep down any measure that would enable more people to vote.

[3]So, I get it. Without the electoral, future elections would look pretty bleak for the righties.
    1. This is blatantly untrue. All the conservative I know want to change the system by eliminating huge swaths of the federal government that are inconsistent with its constitutional authority.
    2. Again untrue. You're confusing wanting integrity in the process for not wanting the process to be easily accessible.
    3. This is true, but what you advocate is troubling as well for residents of 48 states that aren't New York and California.

9. #428 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

As I keep saying, I'm torn on it - but it's pretty obvious that conservatives are terrified of changing the system.

For that matter, conservatives are terrified of more people actually voting. From motor voter all the way through the current "voter integrity commission" or whatever it is, they have consistently, without fail, opposed and tried to keep down any measure that would enable more people to vote.

So, I get it. Without the electoral, future elections would look pretty bleak for the righties.
    True, they are & for good reason-most Americans don't support their agenda PERIOD..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

10. #429 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

Allow me to translate this ^^^^^

whaaaaaa whaaaaa, Hillary SHOULD BE PRESIDENT whaaaaaaaaa
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Getin the ring For This Post:

MAGA MAN (09-18-2017)

12. #430 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

Yes, we have, but unfortunately because of the corruption of the database I just cant prove it.
    corruption of what database?

13. #431 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

corruption of what database?
    JPP

14. #432 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

when it comes to the discussion of 'will of the people' it most certainly means more than half. when is the last time you heard someone reference data that is under 50% as the majority? There is a reason the word 'plurality' exists.

15. #433 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    Allow me to translate this ^^^^^

whaaaaaa whaaaaa, Hillary SHOULD BE PRESIDENT whaaaaaaaaa
    That's as intelligent as it gets for you. Nice work.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2020.1 For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-18-2017)

17. #434 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

when it comes to the discussion of 'will of the people' it most certainly means more than half. when is the last time you heard someone reference data that is under 50% as the majority? There is a reason the word 'plurality' exists.
    Sorry, don't agree with you, candidate win elections all the time without 50% of the vote and they say, the majority voted for them, meaning the greater number.

18. #435 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

LMAO, you mean conservatives are intelligent enough to understand the merits of the electoral college. Whereas Dems only cry about the EC when they lose the election. Your party knew it could happen as you whined about it after the 2000 elections. Yet they did nothing to change it when they controlled the WH and both houses of Congress. Why is that do you think?