Thread: Limbaugh: Conservative base has 'fractured'

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 39 Times in 33 Posts

Default Limbaugh: Conservative base has 'fractured'

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...has-fractured/

(CNN) — Calling it his "non-concession speech," talk-radio host Rush Limbaugh launched a fresh round of attacks Wednesday on newly-minted GOP frontrunner John McCain — the latest indication the Arizona senator is likely to witness a backlash from some conservative quarters as he seeks to wrap up his party's nomination.

Limbaugh, a longtime conservative critic of McCain, said the senator's rise is largely the result of "uninspiring" candidates, and a "fractured" party base.

"There was no figure in our roster of candidates who rose up to challenge him or galvanize conservative support," Limbaugh said on his daily radio program. "All the candidates on our side, for various reasons, are uninspiring or worse — and so, just as I predicted, the base has fractured."

McCain has long had trouble courting the most conservative members of his party — and exit polls from the early-primary states have shown the Arizona Republican has consistently lost among those primary voters who identify themselves as conservative.

McCain passed a key test Tuesday in winning Florida's primary — the first early contest that closed out Independents and cross-over Democrats — but exit polls out of the state show he still lost the conservative vote to Mitt Romney.

"He is not the choice of conservatives, as opposed to the choice of the Republican establishment — and that distinction is key," Limbaugh continued. "The Republican establishment, which has long sought to rid the party of conservative influence since Reagan, is feeling a victory today as well as our friends in the media. But both are just far-fetched and wrong.”

Well WRL looks like Rush doesn't agree with you about McCain's conservative creds. But what does Rush know he is not really a conservative.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

And I thought it was bad when Lintballs only attacked Dems.
    Bush doubled the debt from 5 trillion to 10 trillion.
    Proving tax cuts work!

Bush asked for and signed for the TARP money.
    The Republican senate leader backed Bush on this.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

"He is not the choice of conservatives, as opposed to the choice of the Republican establishment — and that distinction is key," Limbaugh continued. "The Republican establishment, which has long sought to rid the party of conservative influence since Reagan, is feeling a victory today as well as our friends in the media. But both are just far-fetched and wrong.”

He's totally contradicting himself here. He can't stop spinning, in spite of himself.

If the establishment candidate won, and the establishment has long sought to rid the party of conservative influence, and conservatives do not like the guy who won...how is that not a victory for the establishment again?

You lose, Rush; it's over. I revel in your depression.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 39 Times in 33 Posts

Sean Insanity got some calls today from Florida conservatives who said that Crist has sold them out and that he would pay for it in his re-election bid. Sean kept telling people that if McCain was the nominee they had no choice but support him or that Hillary will win. This will be the war cry should Hillary win. And it will suceed

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Onceler View Post

He's totally contradicting himself here. He can't stop spinning, in spite of himself.

If the establishment candidate won, and the establishment has long sought to rid the party of conservative influence, and conservatives do not like the guy who won...how is that not a victory for the establishment again?

You lose, Rush; it's over. I revel in your depression.
    LMAO.... it really makes you wonder what kind of idiot listens to an idiot of that caliber.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by uscitizen View Post
    And I thought it was bad when Lintballs only attacked Dems.
    But it is OK for NPR to attack only republicans?

Rush gives a lot of good information about the dems, and NPR does the same against the republicans. It is easy to see they are both puppets. But, he has good info never the less.

Try listening to Micheal Savage sometime--just for shits and giggles.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    LMAO.... it really makes you wonder what kind of idiot listens to an idiot of that caliber.
    well---he does say some media organization (no--I don't remember who--sorry) show him to have the best informed audiance in the country. The other idiots must really need help.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    Unfortunately my oldest sister. She also told me last week that all this bad economy stuff was all just liberal spin and that nothing was wrong with the economy.
    Proving tax cuts work!

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Rush will prove he is unalterably irrelevant if he isn't careful.

He desperately doesn't want McCain. He's spent too long trashing him to want to swallow crow and get to promoting him as you know he will.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Unfortunately my oldest sister. She also told me last week that all this bad economy stuff was all just liberal spin and that nothing was wrong with the economy.
    Well--Rush and Hannity are rich--and don't see what is happening to the people under their wealth. I agree there. Niether are boasting a good economy now though. it did tear me up to hear those penthouse livers tell the public losing their jobs, and excepting lower pay and benifits--that the economy was great.

I don't think they ment the private sectors economy--just their shahareholder friends.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

tykvjh

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by theMAJORITY View Post
    tykvjh
    Wha?
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I like Rush--but I don't fall for that BS. Your sister is out of touch also. I bet she is---taken care of.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Wha?
    it was a mess up

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

don't ask me i gave up on abbreviations on here.
    Proving tax cuts work!