Thread: President Donald J. Trump Proclaims September 3, 2017, as a National Day of Prayer

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,603 Times in 9,132 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

Default President Donald J. Trump Proclaims September 3, 2017, as a National Day of Prayer

President Donald J. Trump Proclaims September 3, 2017, as a National Day of Prayer for the Victims of Hurricane Harvey and for our National Response and Recovery Efforts

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...nal-day-prayer

Let us pray?!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

Cypress (09-03-2017), domer76 (09-03-2017), evince (09-03-2017)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,729 Times in 27,216 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,585 Times in 18,174 Posts
    Blog Entries

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Since when did Donald ever give a crap about anything or anyone other than himself?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to floridafan For This Post:

evince (09-03-2017)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Almost 12 hours in to our National Day of Prayer and Satan is fighting back hard in the hearts and minds of some. He can fight back all he wants because even he knows he loses in the end.

God’s Promise and Warning
    2Chronicles 7: 11-22

11Thus Solomon finished the house of the LORD and the king’s palace, and successfully completed all that he had planned on doing in the house of the LORD and in his palace.

12Then the LORD appeared to Solomon at night and said to him, “I have heard your prayer and have chosen this place for Myself as a house of sacrifice. 13“If I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or if I command the locust to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among My people, 14and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 15“Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to the prayer offered in this place. 16“For now I have chosen and consecrated this house that My name may be there forever, and My eyes and My heart will be there perpetually. 17“As for you, if you walk before Me as your father David walked, even to do according to all that I have commanded you, and will keep My statutes and My ordinances, 18then I will establish your royal throne as I covenanted with your father David, saying, ‘You shall not lack a man to be ruler in Israel.’

19“But if you turn away and forsake My statutes and My commandments which I have set before you, and go and serve other gods and worship them, 20then I will uproot you from My land which I have given you, and this house which I have consecrated for My name I will cast out of My sight and I will make it a proverb and a byword among all peoples. 21“As for this house, which was exalted, everyone who passes by it will be astonished and say, ‘Why has the LORD done thus to this land and to this house?’ 22“And they will say, ‘Because they forsook the LORD, the God of their fathers who brought them from the land of Egypt, and they adopted other gods and worshiped them and served them; therefore He has brought all this adversity on them.’”

Joshua 24:15
    15“If it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served which were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living; but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Since when did Donald ever give a crap about anything or anyone other than himself?
    Since he ran for President.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

Pappy Jones (09-03-2017)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,182 Times in 25,717 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

It's strange seeing the words trump" and "prayer" in the same sentence.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

10. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

signalmankenneth (09-03-2017)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,884 Times in 21,652 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,675 Times in 5,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Which way is Mecca?

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,090 Times in 555 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Blog Entries

So, how is the day of prayer going? Has it worked yet?

I have to say you chaps are doing a remarkable job of both typing on here whilst also going full throttle with the old praying lark. Multi-tasking at its finest. As a man who is no stranger to kneeling beside a computer screen with my hands clasped tightly, occasionally uttering a muffled cry of "Jesus Christ", i appreciate the dedication and fortitude such an onerous task requires.

I can't say i'm too familiar with these official National Days of Prayer, or more usually, National Days of Mourning. It tends to be something done in ramshackle, tin-pot countries like Uzbekistan, Bhutan or France. Personally, ive never needed any encouragement from the government to make me miserable, living, as i do, on this wretched rainswept rock of doom.

Well, good luck with the praying and that.

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,729 Times in 27,216 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,585 Times in 18,174 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by charver View Post
    So, how is the day of prayer going? Has it worked yet?

I have to say you chaps are doing a remarkable job of both typing on here whilst also going full throttle with the old praying lark. Multi-tasking at its finest. As a man who is no stranger to kneeling beside a computer screen with my hands clasped tightly, occasionally uttering a muffled cry of "Jesus Christ", i appreciate the dedication and fortitude such an onerous task requires.

I can't say i'm too familiar with these official National Days of Prayer, or more usually, National Days of Mourning. It tends to be something done in ramshackle, tin-pot countries like Uzbekistan, Bhutan or France. Personally, ive never needed any encouragement from the government to make me miserable, living, as i do, on this wretched rainswept rock of doom.

Well, good luck with the praying and that.

yes religion was developed in the absence of FACTS

praying doesnt do much more than console the prayer

its an easy do nothing but sound like your doing something gig.

kinda sad

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 17 Times in 17 Posts

A prayer and $1.85 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

That should tell you what a prayer is worth.
    USFREEDOM911 Expresses one of his homosexual prison rape fantasies;
    Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    he may be getting several boners, they just won't be his.
    "You got shot in the balls and you're still walking!! Then this probably won't hurt you at all (as he unzips his pants)."

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    I would kill someone who didn't pay me, after I give them a blowjob.
    Does that make me insane?

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Prayers of the righteous always "work", according to the purposes of God. If one has no faith, one must ask God for faith so he can pray wisely and according to his will. Very simple really. So, simple that wise men stumble over it and fools fight it.
    Last edited by Stretch; 09-03-2017 at 04:51 PM.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Long long before that.