Thread: New hurricane to follow

1. #466 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    heavy bands coming thru now.

I have window in my garage that I can't close cuz it's all stuck open 6 " and a screen jammed behind it-
    plus burglar bars I would have to take out of concrete to get to work on it.

I have sheets of flexible 3mil plastic I use to around my Florida porch screens, that keeps the rain flooding it.
    It's tile porch w/ patio furniture -an extension to the house.

I took one of those long pieces and scored it in half, and hand flexed it in to seal the opening.
    Pressure holds it in place.

Last thing was to fill in a gap my garage door rubber seal at the bottom with a folded up washrag.
    Shove it in place
    I am sealed and dry
    Good work. I'm all sealed up here as well with a couple "creative measures".
    Had a few big branches from my humongous old oak tree clunk down on my metal roof...Blossom now walks around the house looking up and growls at the ceiling, LOL! She's a trip.
    Cooked a pound of pasta and sauce this morning, couple of chicken breasts, chicken livers & gizzards for Blossom and hard boiled some eggs, stuck'm in the fridge. Made extra coffee and put them in thermoses.
    Watching the radar to pick my spots to let Blossom out. http://www.wftv.com/weather/doppler-9hd in Orlando is the best!!!!! You can hone in all the way to your very street & house.
    The power has already flickered a few times.

Remember everybody in the path of Irma.....
    If you haven't done so already, crank your a.c., fridge & freezer to their coldest settings in preparation for power outages.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

dukkha (09-10-2017), Life is Golden (09-10-2017)

3. #467 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something

4. #468 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,288 Times in 10,487 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,908 Times in 4,224 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Had a few big branches from my humongous old oak tree clunk down on my metal roof...Blossom now walks around the house looking up and growls at the ceiling, LOL! She's a trip.
    Cooked a pound of pasta and sauce this morning, couple of chicken breasts, chicken livers & gizzards for Blossom and hard boiled some eggs, stuck'm in the fridge. Made extra coffee and put them in thermoses.
    Watching the radar to pick my spots to let Blossom out. http://www.wftv.com/weather/doppler-9hd in Orlando is the best!!!!! You can hone in all the way to your very street & house.

If you haven't done so already, crank your a.c., fridge & freezer to their coldest settings in preparation for power outages.
    What the fuck?

Won't Jesus take care of you?

5. #469 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

As of 11a.m., 9/10

pain in abortion.

6. #470 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

pain in abortion.

7. #471 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

List of all the Florida power companies with contact info.

http://www.wftv.com/weather/eye-on-t...ages/605519895
    pain in abortion.

8. #472 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,288 Times in 10,487 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,908 Times in 4,224 Posts
    Blog Entries

SMITED FOR YOUR SINS!

9. #473 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,435 Times in 2,073 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 172 Times in 170 Posts

Meanwhile, down the street from Mar a Lago...

10. #474 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

My A/C is on 68 -- like a meat locker in here.

11. #475 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

5pm bulletin states Irma is 938 mb and officially a Cat 2. Forecast to be Cat1 by time it hits Tampa.
    Last edited by Stretch; 09-10-2017 at 03:08 PM.
    pain in abortion.

12. #476 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Trump Diva View Post
    My A/C is on 68 -- like a meat locker in here.
    Big LOL! Me, too...I have it on 68, wearing my sweat suit. Trust me, you'll thank yourself if and when the power goes for a day or 2.
    pain in abortion.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Life is Golden (09-10-2017)

14. #477 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Tornado alert now showing from Melbourne moving NW towards Orlando.
    pain in abortion.

15. #478 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

I wish I was doing this by myself. my sister is a mess . I got a feeling power is going to go earlier then expected.
    Brewed coffee is a must! Thanks for the website. I got it tabbed in the background

16. #479 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    I wish I was doing this by myself. my sister is a mess . I got a feeling power is going to go earlier then expected.
    Brewed coffee is a must! Thanks for the website. I got it tabbed in the background
    Could you maybe slip her some valerian or melatonin in her coffee???

Yeah, I've got 2 pitchers of coffee in the fridge as well as my thermoses.
    I discovered that Orlando website about 6 years ago. That 2nd screen on there is the bomb, you can hone in to any area you want. That's where I watch for the breaks in the bands right over my own block so I can take Blossom out. Hang in there...almost over.
    pain in abortion.

17. #480 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Looks like you Floridians are in good spirits considering the circumstances! Good attitude will get you through just about anything.