Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moderators question? Locked out?

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Midcan's a he, not a she. And he's always been one of the better posters here who never stooped to personal attacks.
    Back on FP, Midcan once told me he was a woman. I don't know what point he was trying to make, but, I ran with that for a few weeks until he corrected me. Kind of funny that he's still got people confused...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (08-30-2017)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,799 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 171 Times in 164 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    Back on FP, Midcan once told me he was a woman. I don't know what point he was trying to make, but, I ran with that for a few weeks until he corrected me. Kind of funny that he's still got people confused...
    It's that avatar

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

I would never compare Midcan to a colossal waste of air like Ricky Tavy.
    Agreed, Mangy Mongoose likes to tell people that he was not only a history teacher but a bouncer at a nightclub.

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

He claims to be a veteran, not sure of what exactly!

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Maybe he hasn't decided yet.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

Русский  (08-30-2017)

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

"Racism is not about how you look, it is about how people assign meaning to how you look." Robin D.G. Kelley

Racism is so deeply embedded in some they don't even realize their assigning traits to a group is racist whether it be IQ, diet or whatever. And while race is a fiction biologically, Americans and others seem unable to free themselves from its ugly uses. You saw that with 'brown' people recently. And I never claimed to be a woman although I have joked that their orgasms are so much .... LOL

"Racism is not about how you look, it is about how people assign meaning to how you look." Robin D.G. Kelley

"The main hypothesis concerning group-think is this: the more amiability and espirt de corps among the members of an in-group of policymakers the greater the danger that independent critical thinking will be replaced by groupthink, which is likely to result in irrational and the dehumanizing actions directed at out-groups." Irving L. Janis in 'Sanctions for Evil'

Race as biology is fiction, racism as a social problem is real.
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

9. The Following User Says Thank You to midcan5 For This Post:

Bill (09-03-2017)

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post

Racism is so deeply embedded in some they don't even realize their assigning traits to a group is racist whether it be IQ, diet or whatever. And while race is a fiction biologically, Americans and others seem unable to free themselves from its ugly uses. You saw that with 'brown' people recently. And I never claimed to be a woman although I have joked that their orgasms are so much .... LOL

"The main hypothesis concerning group-think is this: the more amiability and espirt de corps among the members of an in-group of policymakers the greater the danger that independent critical thinking will be replaced by groupthink, which is likely to result in irrational and the dehumanizing actions directed at out-groups." Irving L. Janis in 'Sanctions for Evil'

Race as biology is fiction, racism as a social problem is real.
    Are blacks racists too, or just whites?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

Русский  (09-14-2017)

12. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Right View Post
    Are blacks racists too, or just whites?
    Yes, I've met several who hate whites or characterize whites in the same manner. What happens is the interaction takes on an assumption rather than a meeting or whatever. I know an interracial couple who tell me they are careful where they travel and where they stop, here and abroad.

In my experience with the alt-right, I encountered a surprisingly common narrative: Alt-right supporters did not, for the most part, come from overtly racist families. Alt-right media platforms have actually been pushing this meme aggressively in recent months. Far from defending the ideas and institutions they inherited, the alt-right—which is overwhelmingly a movement of white millennials—forcefully condemns their parents’ generation. They do so because they do not believe their parents are racist enough."
    http://www.theamericanconservative.c...u-think-it-is/
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

13. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes, I've met several who hate whites or characterize whites in the same manner. What happens is the interaction takes on an assumption rather than a meeting or whatever. I know an interracial couple who tell me they are careful where they travel and where they stop, here and abroad.

In my experience with the alt-right, I encountered a surprisingly common narrative: Alt-right supporters did not, for the most part, come from overtly racist families. Alt-right media platforms have actually been pushing this meme aggressively in recent months. Far from defending the ideas and institutions they inherited, the alt-right—which is overwhelmingly a movement of white millennials—forcefully condemns their parents’ generation. They do so because they do not believe their parents are racist enough."
    http://www.theamericanconservative.c...u-think-it-is/
    The question that you responded to was rhetorical. BLM types don't agree with your answer.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

Русский  (09-14-2017)

15. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The question that you responded to was rhetorical. BLM types don't agree with your answer.
    Some may and you can't speak for them can you? Those honest enough to know themselves or be honest with their reactions may answer differently. People have a hard time facing their inner person - true for all.

I mentioned posting on Breitbart earlier and lo and behold I'm already censored. My replies to their negative nanny circle jerk is unacceptable proving once more how so called conservative sites are phony freedom of speech lovers when they aren't simply fascist.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." Richard Feynman

16. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Some may and you can't speak for them can you? Those honest enough to know themselves or be honest with their reactions may answer differently. People have a hard time facing their inner person - true for all.

I mentioned posting on Breitbart earlier and lo and behold I'm already censored. My replies to their negative nanny circle jerk is unacceptable proving once more how so called conservative sites are phony freedom of speech lovers when they aren't simply fascist.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." Richard Feynman
    Oh bullshit. I've been canned from liberal forums in as few as one post with a dissenting opinion.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

Русский  (09-14-2017)

18. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Oh bullshit. I've been canned from liberal forums in as few as one post with a dissenting opinion.
    What site? One post? If true that would not be a liberal site.

19. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It was years ago, so I don't remember. But it was a large, busy site. You're delusional for thinking that liberals are open minded and want to discuss dissenting opinions.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

Русский  (09-14-2017)

21. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

re: op

yes, I am here to confirm you broke the rules and thus have been banned from APP.

APP bans are indefinite. You are free to message us when you think you have been banned for a suitable amount of time, ask forgiveness and we can let you back in once you understand what you did was wrong and you promise not to do it going forward.

There is no invitation for a debate, just to be clear.

I can provide you the posts in question if you need a review.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

Русский  (09-14-2017)

23. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,799 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 171 Times in 164 Posts

I was permanently banned from democraticunderground.com/ after one post. I made a suggestion about the candidacy of Gary Johnson.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cancel 2018.1 For This Post:

Русский  (09-14-2017), MAGA MAN (09-14-2017)