Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

Default The GOP has lost its base

donald-trump-and-the-republican-party-cartoon-mckee.jpg

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com...lost-its-base/

The GOP has lost its base

One of the benefits of Bannon leaving the administration is that it sets up an ideological divide between the economic nationalist policies Trump ran on and the establishment Republican priorities the current politicians in the Senate and the House want him to pursue.

Five thirty eight recently published an article where they cite a survey in 2016 by the Cooperative Congressional Election Study. They look at the policies put forth by Bannon and Trump during his campaign and distilled them into 5 questions asked in the survey. A quick note to all the liberals reading here. Do you see how fast you can actually understand the philosophy behind the Trump movement once you get past the autistic screeching about racism? These are the five questions.

1.For or against the Trans Pacific Partnership?
    2.The US should send troops to help the UN uphold international law.
    3.The US government should identify and deport immigrants in the US illegally
    4.Their local police should receive a grade of A, B, C, D, or F?
    5.Their state government should increase spending on infrastructure.

The study found that 15% of all people who voted for Trump in the general agree with him in all 5 questions. 50% of people who voted for Trump agree that the US should get out of the TPP and be involved in less foreign interventions. 45% agree that the police is doing a great job and that illegals need to be deported. 40% want more infrastructure spending and to get out of deals like the TPP. What is most dangerous for the GOP is that only 2% of people who voted for Trump agree with none of these five statements.

Let us take a look at the stance of the establishment GOP on these issues. We know that they generally favor things like the TPP. They have expressed their desire for amnesty and other things that reward illegal immigration. Mccain and Graham are good examples of the stance of the GOP establishment towards war. On these issues where 98% of Republican voters agree on the GOP establishment is outright against 3. The stance of the GOP on infrastructure is very debatable as well. It could very well be that the only thing the GOP establishment and its voters agree on is the good job the police are doing.

The lesson is clear for the Republican politicians. Republicans don't agree with your policies. You are getting voted for now because you are marginally better than the democrats but the minute someone like Trump offers any sort of alternative your base will leave you. It will happen over and over again until you realize you have to do what people vote you in for.

The lesson is clear for Trump. If you govern like a standard Republican. If you govern like a JEB! you will lose reelection. People voted you in for a reason and if that is not achieved we can always look elsewhere.

Most importantly the lesson is clear for economic nationalists. The Republican party is now our party. The Republican voters agree with our beliefs and not with the beliefs of thinkers like Ben Shapiro and their current crop of intellectuals. It is our party now. Run for local office as a Republican. Connections and funding be damned. The voters agree with us. If you make enough of an impact the funding will follow as you as people will always back a winner.

If you are reading this and think of us as racist. Then I urge you to look at the questions as determined by five thirty eight, who I consider to be left leaning, then you may be an economic nationalist too if you agree with us on any of them. You will just have to get used to the autistic screeching outside your door.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    donald-trump-and-the-republican-party-cartoon-mckee.jpg

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com...lost-its-base/

The GOP has lost its base

One of the benefits of Bannon leaving the administration is that it sets up an ideological divide between the economic nationalist policies Trump ran on and the establishment Republican priorities the current politicians in the Senate and the House want him to pursue.

Five thirty eight recently published an article where they cite a survey in 2016 by the Cooperative Congressional Election Study. They look at the policies put forth by Bannon and Trump during his campaign and distilled them into 5 questions asked in the survey. A quick note to all the liberals reading here. Do you see how fast you can actually understand the philosophy behind the Trump movement once you get past the autistic screeching about racism? These are the five questions.

1.For or against the Trans Pacific Partnership?
    2.The US should send troops to help the UN uphold international law.
    3.The US government should identify and deport immigrants in the US illegally
    4.Their local police should receive a grade of A, B, C, D, or F?
    5.Their state government should increase spending on infrastructure.

The study found that 15% of all people who voted for Trump in the general agree with him in all 5 questions. 50% of people who voted for Trump agree that the US should get out of the TPP and be involved in less foreign interventions. 45% agree that the police is doing a great job and that illegals need to be deported. 40% want more infrastructure spending and to get out of deals like the TPP. What is most dangerous for the GOP is that only 2% of people who voted for Trump agree with none of these five statements.

Let us take a look at the stance of the establishment GOP on these issues. We know that they generally favor things like the TPP. They have expressed their desire for amnesty and other things that reward illegal immigration. Mccain and Graham are good examples of the stance of the GOP establishment towards war. On these issues where 98% of Republican voters agree on the GOP establishment is outright against 3. The stance of the GOP on infrastructure is very debatable as well. It could very well be that the only thing the GOP establishment and its voters agree on is the good job the police are doing.

The lesson is clear for the Republican politicians. Republicans don't agree with your policies. You are getting voted for now because you are marginally better than the democrats but the minute someone like Trump offers any sort of alternative your base will leave you. It will happen over and over again until you realize you have to do what people vote you in for.

The lesson is clear for Trump. If you govern like a standard Republican. If you govern like a JEB! you will lose reelection. People voted you in for a reason and if that is not achieved we can always look elsewhere.

Most importantly the lesson is clear for economic nationalists. The Republican party is now our party. The Republican voters agree with our beliefs and not with the beliefs of thinkers like Ben Shapiro and their current crop of intellectuals. It is our party now. Run for local office as a Republican. Connections and funding be damned. The voters agree with us. If you make enough of an impact the funding will follow as you as people will always back a winner.

If you are reading this and think of us as racist. Then I urge you to look at the questions as determined by five thirty eight, who I consider to be left leaning, then you may be an economic nationalist too if you agree with us on any of them. You will just have to get used to the autistic screeching outside your door.
    The GOP has the biggest base that it has ever had. That said, do you have any extra weed for sale?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tarpon For This Post:

Bigdog (08-22-2017)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,245 Times in 2,336 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I'm already looking for more conservative people for the mid-terms. The entire current crop(with exceptions like Cruz and Rand Paul)can fuck off as far as I'm concerned.
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Callinectes For This Post:

Bigdog (08-22-2017), canceled.2021.3 (08-22-2017)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,435 Times in 2,073 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 172 Times in 170 Posts

the op looks like concern trolling

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,799 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 171 Times in 164 Posts

I woulda added a sixth question:
    6. re Obamacare: a. repeal b. don't repeal (same as 'repeal and replace')

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,247 Times in 13,970 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Major mistake your making is that the President himself really doesn't agree with any of the points you listed, he has no ideology nor philosophical base, he just used you people to get elected, tomorrow he could swing the other way on any or all five of those talking points, six counting Obamacare someone added, recent Afghanistan speech proves it

In other words, you've been played

9. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

blackascoal (08-22-2017)

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,799 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 171 Times in 164 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Major mistake your making is that the President himself really doesn't agree with any of the points you listed,
    Huh? He doesn't agree with this? 3.The US government should identify and deport immigrants in the US illegally

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

what libs dont get is that they cheated bernie out of the nom (i have the dnc emails thankx wikileaks) & ran the worst pos candidate they could find

satan would have been a better choice

so yea lotsa folks who might not have voted at all made sure to vote against the hilldog

run her again if u didnt learn the 1st time

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

I'm not a Republican, although the current crop of dems are even more horrid -but I have no problem in voting 3rd party for Congress

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Major mistake your making is that the President himself really doesn't agree with any of the points you listed, he has no ideology nor philosophical base, he just used you people to get elected, tomorrow he could swing the other way on any or all five of those talking points, six counting Obamacare someone added, recent Afghanistan speech proves it

In other words, you've been played
    You keep,saying that Legion but from where I am sitting he has tried to keep the bulk of his major promises.

GOP in Congress is making a mistake. I will help primary Flake out of office and every other RINO/Neocon

What is funny is you accusing someone of having no philosophical core. That is rich. Thanks for the laugh Legion

14. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.3 For This Post:

Bigdog (08-22-2017)

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by aloysious View Post
    Huh? He doesn't agree with this? 3.The US government should identify and deport immigrants in the US illegally
    Today because he knows it appeals to you voters, but given that he has no problem employing any type of immigrants at lower wages, no, it works for him now, tomorrow, he could change his position overnight, fact conservatives haven't understood

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Liberaland View Post
    You keep,saying that Legion but from where I am sitting he has tried to keep the bulk of his major promises.

GOP in Congress is making a mistake. I will help primary Flake out of office and every other RINO/Neocon

What is funny is you accusing someone of having no philosophical core. That is rich. Thanks for the laugh Legion
    "Bulk of his major promises?" From what he said, half of his promises were going to be reality day one, and seven months out, what has come to reality? He has complete control of the other two branches of Government and nothing, the ACA is still the law, tax reform is no where, and the only "accomplishments" he can claim are Executive Orders, mostly useless photo ops, that can be completely erased with a stroke of a pen by the next President

As I said, played

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by I condemn racists & Nazis View Post
    what libs dont get is that they cheated bernie out of the nom (i have the dnc emails thankx wikileaks) & ran the worst pos candidate they could find

satan would have been a better choice

so yea lotsa folks who might not have voted at all made sure to vote against the hilldog

run her again if u didnt learn the 1st time
    You just validated my post by demonstrating that you still have to go back to the events of nearly a year ago to come up with anything, that's in the past, today you have to rationalize a President that has been playing you for all that time, and you have no arguments

Next

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    I'm not a Republican, although the current crop of dems are even more horrid -but I have no problem in voting 3rd party for Congress
    Then your waiting for the Glinda the witch of the north to arrive, ain't happening

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You just validated my post by demonstrating that you still have to go back to the events of nearly a year ago to come up with anything, that's in the past, today you have to rationalize a President that has been playing you for all that time, and you have no arguments

Next
    lol

i m content with my choice

i helped keep hilldog out of the white house

i will do it again if u fanbois r dumb enuff 2 let her cheat her way 2 the nom in 2020