Thread: More Troops to Afghan

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Of course things are always short on specifics by design for Trump. That's because he's massively ignorant of the issues.
    Your glove puppet Yesmad has already tried to shit over this thread!

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    You realize that's meaningless, right?

Explain to me the immediate threat to our national security.
    Oh I dont know, how about if Daesh finally took control of Pakistan and hundreds of nuclear weapons?

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    I arrived at three fundamental conclusion about America’s core interests in Afghanistan....

. First, our nation must seek an honorable and enduring outcome worthy of the tremendous sacrifices that have been made, especially the sacrifices of lives. The men and women who serve our nation in combat deserve a plan for victory. They deserve the tools they need and the trust they have earned to fight and to win.

Second, the consequences of a rapid exit are both predictable and unacceptable.

A hasty withdrawal would create a vacuum for terrorists, including ISIS and Al Qaeda, would instantly fill just as happened before Sept. 11. And as we know, in 2011, America hastily and mistakenly withdrew from Iraq. As a result, our hard-won gains slipped back into the hands of terrorist enemies. Our soldiers watched as cities they had fought for and bled to liberate, and won, were occupied by a terrorist group called ISIS. The vacuum we created by leaving too soon gave safe haven for ISIS to spread, to grow, recruit and launch attacks. We cannot repeat in Afghanistan the mistake our leaders made in Iraq.

Third, and finally, I concluded that the security threats we face in Afghanistan and the broader region are immense. Today, 20 U.S.-designated foreign terrorist organizations are active in Afghanistan and Pakistan, the highest concentration in any region anywhere in the world.

For its part, Pakistan often gives safe haven to agents of chaos, violence and terror. The threat is worse because Pakistan and India are two nuclear-armed states
    Sadly Gomer/Yesmad are far too simple minded to appreciate such subtleties.

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    idiot. not war is war. war is either effectively prosecuted or not.

Hillray voted for NATIONBUILDING and organized REGIME CHANGE in Iraq/Libya.

I would be OK with getting all the way out, but that would leave a vacuum ( as Trump said).
    we really do not want to leave a terrorist state behind

This is the best way - small amount of troops in a support role to KILL TERRORISTS-
    and trying much harder to get the regional players to step up
    Trump took the least worst option on Afghanistan.

Everyone wants out, but pulling out will have the effect of making a safe space for the Islamists. That's a given, based on our experience over the past decade---under Obama.

No nation building. If the Afghanis want to be Communists, we don't care, so long as the country is reasonably stable and not a terror hot bed.

Pakistanis are going to be pressured. China is the key to NK like Pakistan is the key to Afghanistan. I guess it took a real estate mogul to figure that out.

I'm on board.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

dukkha (08-22-2017)

6. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I think there's a rule that anyone on this board who thought Invading and Occupying Iraq was a great idea can just shut their mouths on any thread where military strategy is the topic. They have no - none, zero, nada, zilch - credibility.

So take a back seat, and keep quiet, ma'am.
    Well do that as soon as you shut your mouth on healthcare.

K?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

7. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    As long as people refuse to learn from the past & actually think in the present, politicians will be able to get away w/ sending brave young men & women off to war.
    Such sanctimonious dribble is easy when you're not calling the shots.

8. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,006 Times in 8,033 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Corazón View Post
    So are you happy for Afghanistan to become the new Islamic State?
    I have no problem with our presence in Afghanistan or even an increase in troop strength there.

My issue with annette is how he ran his mouth about people like Clinton and McCain being war mongers and using that as his rationale for supporting Trump but now, is drooling and fawning over him despite going back on his campaign promises.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

9. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Liberaland View Post
    Don't spin it. This sucks. The globalists have invaded the White House. We need to be out of that shithole. There is nothing to be gained by us staying.

What is ironic is that the same lefties who were clamoring for Trump to get rid of Bannon got rid of the one guy who opposed this.

I can't figger out whether the libs really wanna go or stay in Afghanistan. Or maybe they are only interested in cheap political points?
    Nobody wants to stay there.

But you simply can't deny that total withdrawal will lead to the identical result as when Obama adandoned Iraq and when we mindlessly destabilized Libya.

Maybe you or someone else can explain how the same result in Afghanistan would serve US interests.

Also, Trump made it pretty clear this wasn't opended ended. If he doesn't get the results he wants, he'll say Fvct it, and pull the plug on it somewhere don't the road.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (08-22-2017)

11. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Seems that you've learnt nothing from Obama's failure to stop Daesh in Iraq and Syria.
    Seems like you've learned nothing from every other previous failure of military campaigns in that region including Russia's.

Terrorism is born of ideology and you cannot eradicate ideology.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

12. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Nobody wants to stay there.

But you simply can't deny that total withdrawal will lead to the identical result as when Obama adandoned Iraq and when we mindlessly destabilized Libya.

Maybe you or someone else can explain how the same result in Afghanistan would serve US interests.

Also, Trump made it pretty clear this wasn't opended ended. If he doesn't get the results he wants, he'll say Fvct it, and pull the plug on it somewhere don't the road.
    IOW, he telegraphed a message to the terrorists that all they have to do is lay low and wait us out until we eventually leave.

IOW, the exact same thing he criticized Obama for.

And the Trumptards swallow as usual.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

13. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I have no problem with our presence in Afghanistan or even an increase in troop strength there.

My issue with annette is how he ran his mouth about people like Clinton and McCain being war mongers and using that as his rationale for supporting Trump but now, is drooling and fawning over him despite going back on his campaign promises.
    You have to adapt to changing circumstances, surely that lesson has been learnt already from the monstrous gaff Obama made with allowing Daesh to gain so much territory in Iraq and Syria.

14. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

IOW, he telegraphed a message to the terrorists that all they have to do is lay low and wait us out until we eventually leave.

IOW, the exact same thing he criticized Obama for.

And the Trumptards swallow as usual.
    Did Trump give a date and I missed it?

15. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Seems like you've learned nothing from every other previous failure of military campaigns in that region including Russia's.

Terrorism is born of ideology and you cannot eradicate ideology.
    Trite answer, if you want to see Daesh mark II then just abandon the Afghans to their fate.

16. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You have to adapt to changing circumstances, surely that lesson has been learnt already from the monstrous gaff Obama made with allowing Daesh to gain so much territory in Iraq and Syria.
    The American people were sick of us being mired in a clusterfuck we should have never been involved in to begin with. Right-wing hacks like you always conveniently forget and ignore how Bush lied to get us into Iraq for no legitimate reason to begin with. So Obama was faced with a damned if he did, damned if he didn't situation and opted for putting his trust in the new Iraqi govt to pick up the ball and run with it.

And really, what room has a limey like you, whose rinky-dink little poof of a country has contributed such precious little to the fight, got to interject his opinion anyway?
    C'MON MAN!!!!

17. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Trite answer, if you want to see Daesh mark II then just abandon the Afghans to their fate.
    Again, you missed the point.

My point was about annette's duplicity on the issue.
    C'MON MAN!!!!