Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Big Is The Bannon Wing Of The Republican Party?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

Default How Big Is The Bannon Wing Of The Republican Party?

good article from 538. I think this part is most telling

1. They are for or against the Trans-Pacific Partnership. (Which we’ll use as a proxy for free trade.)
    2. The U.S. should send troops to help the United Nations uphold international law.2 (Involvement in the international community.)
    3. The U.S. government should identify and deport immigrants in the country illegally. (Illegal immigration.)
    4. Their local police should receive a grade of A (excellent), B (above average), C (average), D (below average) or F (poor).
    5. Their state government should increase spending on infrastructure. (Infrastructure spending.)

Perhaps the most telling sign that Bannon’s positions represent a major part of the modern Republican Party is the percentage of Trump voters who disagree with all of the five key Bannon-esque policy stances listed above. It’s less than 2 percent. Whether the Republican mainstream likes it or not, a little bit of Bannonism is in pretty much every Republican voter.

edit: forgot to post the article

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ublican-party/
    Last edited by tsuke; 08-21-2017 at 02:17 PM.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

I agree .. and therein lies the limits of Bannon's power.

It only reaches the minds of a subset of republicans, even if that subset is the majority of republicans.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

I hear the plan is to widdle them down.......

It seems his hit list has plenty of ppl in the gop so the decent folk are going to have to make some choices @ some point.........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,799 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 171 Times in 164 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    1. They are for or against the Trans-Pacific Partnership. (Which we’ll use as a proxy for free trade.)
    I am for free trade.
    2. The U.S. should send troops to help the United Nations uphold international law.2 (Involvement in the international community.)
    No.
    3. The U.S. government should identify and deport immigrants in the country illegally. (Illegal immigration.)
    Yes.
    4. Their local police should receive a grade of A (excellent), B (above average), C (average), D (below average) or F (poor).
    Mine should receive a B-
    5. Their state government should increase spending on infrastructure. (Infrastructure spending.)
    Yes.

I have no idea what this makes me. Racist I guess?

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aloysious View Post
    I am for free trade.
    No.
    Yes.
    Mine should receive a B-
    Yes.

Wise ass. ....lol Some states have lil or no money for that.....

Our parents & grandparents paid very high taxes to build those roads & bridges & we are watching them crumble.........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Wise ass. ....lol Some states have lil or no money for that.....

Our parents & grandparents paid very high taxes to build those roads & bridges & we are watching them crumble.........
    I bet in those same places there is some huge, new stadium though......

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

we're gonna have to use privatization for infrastructure spending. we can't afford another Obama stimulus.
    Our national debt doubled under Obama to 105% of our GDP now

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    I bet in those same places there is some huge, new stadium though......
    Sad & prob true...... They did that here. Built a brand new place for the Sacto Kings, worst franchise in the NBA.. They threaten to leave if the zillionare owners don't get everything they want.......

Shame......

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sad & prob true...... They did that here. Built a brand new place for the Sacto Kings, worst franchise in the NBA.. They threaten to leave if the zillionare owners don't get everything they want.......

Shame......
    Politicians. They really need to get their priorities state nationwide.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

what a meaningless question to ask, non relevant

NEXT
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

good article from 538. I think this part is most telling

Perhaps the most telling sign that Bannon’s positions represent a major part of the modern Republican Party is the percentage of Trump voters who disagree with all of the five key Bannon-esque policy stances listed above. It’s less than 2 percent. Whether the Republican mainstream likes it or not, a little bit of Bannonism is in pretty much every Republican voter.

2% : )
    I wouldn't disagree with these numbers, but more importantly than what Republicans think about these issues, what do democrats think about these issues?

many more democrats disagree with illegal immigration than the toxic Antifa left that has taken over the democrat party
    many more democrats oppose TPP

But, the issue that really galvanizes people and has turned them off from the democrat party is the fact that the democrat party made a conscious choice to abandon white working class people. And not only did they abandon them, but on the way out the door they called them racists full of white privilege.

Well, when you are an out of work coal miner sitting at your dinner table with a pile of bills trying to figure out how you are going to feed your family, the last thing you want to hear from the BAC Panther/TTQ/Deshtard/KKKHristiefan wing of the democrat party is that you are guilty of having white fucking privilege.

It is an offensive notion to these people and they are abandoning the democrat party in droves. Coming up with some economic message will not fix that fissure.

The democrat party made a calculation that "demographics were their destiny" so they decided to shit on white voters. The 2016 should have disabused them of that notion, but they are slow learners

12. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.3 For This Post:

Darth Omar (08-21-2017)

13. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,799 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 171 Times in 164 Posts

Wise ass.
    lol, I know. The things I've been called racist for on this board ...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2018.1 For This Post:

Bill (08-21-2017)

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I am for free trade.
    No.
    Yes.
    Mine should receive a B-
    Yes.

neo nazi i guess.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

i forgot to link the original article its up now.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

lol, I know. The things I've been called racist for on this board ...
    I've been called a racist by the board race hustlers and a 'wretched white hater' by the board racist lol.

Which means I'm probably in the right spot.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017