Members banned from this thread: evince, Rune, Buckly J. Ewer and domer76

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: We need to take down George Washington and Thomas Jefferson statues next!

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,037 Times in 14,531 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Al Sharpton said on Charlie Rose last week the Jefferson Memorial should not be funded by the public, is insulting to his family and should be in a museum.

Is Sharpton a fringe person to you?
    Not only fringe, but an asshole to boot.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,435 Times in 2,073 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 172 Times in 170 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    No, communists are the enemies of all mankind.

ANTIFA

Fighting Nazis is a good thing, but fighting Nazis doesn’t necessarily make you or your cause good. By my lights this is simply an obvious fact.

The greatest Nazi-killer of the 20th century was Josef Stalin. He also killed millions of his own people and terrorized, oppressed, enslaved or brutalized tens of millions more. The fact that he killed Nazis during World War II (out of self-preservation, not principle) doesn’t dilute his evil one bit.

This should settle the issue as far as I’m concerned. Nazism was evil. Communism was evil. It’s fine to believe that Nazism was more evil than communism. That doesn’t make communism good.

If you haven’t figured it out yet, this seemingly ancient history is relevant today because of the depressingly idiotic argument about whether it’s OK to equate “antifa” — antifascist left-wing radicals — with the neo-Nazi and white supremacist rabble that recently descended on Charlottesville.

The antifa goons and thugs oppose free speech, celebrate violence, despise dissent and have little use for anything else in America. Liberals, particularly in the media, are victims of the same kind of confusion that vexed so much of American liberalism in the 20th century. Because antifa suddenly has the right enemies, they must be the good guys.

They’re not.

And that’s why this debate is so toxically stupid. Since when is being less bad than the Klan a moral accomplishment?

In these tribal times, the impulse to support anyone who shares your enemies is powerful. But it is a morally stunted reflex. This is America. You’re free to denounce totalitarians wherever you find them, even if they might hate the right people.

http://www.sfchronicle.com/opinion/a...photo-13819281

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,247 Times in 13,970 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I condemn racists & Nazis View Post

ANTIFA

Fighting Nazis is a good thing, but fighting Nazis doesn’t necessarily make you or your cause good. By my lights this is simply an obvious fact.

The greatest Nazi-killer of the 20th century was Josef Stalin. He also killed millions of his own people and terrorized, oppressed, enslaved or brutalized tens of millions more. The fact that he killed Nazis during World War II (out of self-preservation, not principle) doesn’t dilute his evil one bit.

This should settle the issue as far as I’m concerned. Nazism was evil. Communism was evil. It’s fine to believe that Nazism was more evil than communism. That doesn’t make communism good.

If you haven’t figured it out yet, this seemingly ancient history is relevant today because of the depressingly idiotic argument about whether it’s OK to equate “antifa” — antifascist left-wing radicals — with the neo-Nazi and white supremacist rabble that recently descended on Charlottesville.

The antifa goons and thugs oppose free speech, celebrate violence, despise dissent and have little use for anything else in America. Liberals, particularly in the media, are victims of the same kind of confusion that vexed so much of American liberalism in the 20th century. Because antifa suddenly has the right enemies, they must be the good guys.

They’re not.

And that’s why this debate is so toxically stupid. Since when is being less bad than the Klan a moral accomplishment?

In these tribal times, the impulse to support anyone who shares your enemies is powerful. But it is a morally stunted reflex. This is America. You’re free to denounce totalitarians wherever you find them, even if they might hate the right people.

So you are saying anyone who opposes Nazis, white supremacists, and the KKK are automatically this ANTIFA?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

Althea (08-22-2017)

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

ANTIFA

They’re not.

So you are saying anyone who opposes Nazis, white supremacists, and the KKK are automatically this ANTIFA?

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    no

but dont let that stop u from lying about it (it wont)

7. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

no

but dont let that stop u from lying about it (it wont)
    Sure it is, your implying that anyone who supports opposition to those mentioned groups has to be a backer of this Antifa, which is what, about five or six hundred dimwits who dress in black?

Stereotyping has always a standard of the right

8. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Sure it is, your implying that anyone who supports opposition to those mentioned groups has to be a backer of this Antifa, which is what, about five or six hundred dimwits who dress in black?

Stereotyping has always a standard of the right
    i didnt think u would he honest and u proved me right

its cute how u pretend not 2 know much about "this antifa" and pretend there are only 5 or 6 hundred of them

9. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Not only fringe, but an asshole to boot.
    is that rayciss?

10. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Ever notice there are no funny Right wing comics? Miller switched sides after 9/11, and he's pretty much yesterday's news.
    dont need comix

we have liberals

they dont need to b paid and are always good 4 laffs

11. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

dont need comix

we have liberals

they dont need to b paid and are always good 4 laffs
    As I said, just not in them, too bitter and angry

12. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

i didnt think u would he honest and u proved me right

its cute how u pretend not 2 know much about "this antifa" and pretend there are only 5 or 6 hundred of them
    Oh, so now their the new Comintern, understandable, we all know the right just has to have their existential threats and conspiracies

13. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    No, communists are the enemies of all mankind.
    So we should tear down all the statues to MLK; plus he opposed homosexuality??
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

14. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    So we should tear down all the statues to MLK; plus he opposed homosexuality??
    Why are you so obsessed with statues? Some dimwit does something to some obscure statue somewhere and you lose sleep

Then again, if I had to defend or even rationalize this President and his Administration I probably too would be eager to deflect with anything possible, guess your statue obsession has replaced your Hillary phobia

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

Althea (08-22-2017), Phantasmal (08-21-2017)

16. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,676 Times in 7,368 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,968 Times in 1,784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Y'all are the one's who stand up for her and support her. You don't see me backing TDAK or CFM.
    Show me where I've stood up for desh.

I'll wait...

17. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

It is going to be fun watching libtards try to put this Antifa genie back in the bottle

18. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.3 For This Post:

Русский  (08-21-2017)