Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about 'Identity Politics'

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 881 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 36 Times in 36 Posts

Default Question about 'Identity Politics'

The left have been accused of and criticized for playing 'identity politics'. Question: What identity are they promoting, why is it bad, and why is it okay for Trump to play identity politics with his base?
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Amadeus For This Post:

evince (08-20-2017)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Good question
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rune For This Post:

Amadeus (08-20-2017), evince (08-20-2017)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    The left have been accused of and criticized for playing 'identity politics'. Question: What identity are they promoting, why is it bad, and why is it okay for Trump to play identity politics with his base?
    Because it's ok to identify w/ your heritage, just not your race or ethnicity.???
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Amadumbass View Post
    I used to believe you were pretending to be stupid; you've convinced me it is not an act.

The left is a HATE group that devotes its agenda to lying, character assassination and Fascist tactics to avoid honest civilized debate. They are identified by the idiotic and false man-caused global warming claim, the coddling of criminals and many other false narratives like Muslim bans and black lives being the only ones that matter.

Dunce.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Русский  (08-20-2017)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

america used to be a melting pot where people were american first, and everything else second. Identiy politics would be the opposite. Everything must be defined through the lens of race and other identifiers. There is the fuss over cultural appropriation where two white ladies can't open a taco shop. It's segmenting culture and people all into their own little boxes. It's ultimately divisive.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

Русский  (08-20-2017), Cancel 2018.2 (08-20-2017), canceled.2021.3 (08-21-2017), Life is Golden (08-20-2017), Sailor (08-20-2017), Truth Detector (08-20-2017)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,626 Times in 27,290 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

"Identity politics" is another fake, made up buzzword that didn't exist eight years ago, much like the fake "virtue signaling" buzzword.

They were invented by some blogger, and are evidently parroted by unoriginal teabaggers and neocons.

I'm pretty sure that the "identity politics" buzzword is a manifestation of Republican resentment that the Democratic party generally appeals to people of all colors. While the GOP largely caters to white people.

Staff photos, offices of U.S. representatives Paul Ryan and E. B. Johnson (D)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

blackascoal (08-20-2017), evince (08-20-2017)

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Literal Vampire Potbelly Goblin View Post
    america used to be a melting pot where people were american first, and everything else second. Identiy politics would be the opposite. Everything must be defined through the lens of race and other identifiers. There is the fuss over cultural appropriation where two white ladies can't open a taco shop. It's segmenting culture and people all into their own little boxes. It's ultimately divisive.
    Beautifully stated!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

Русский  (08-20-2017)

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    "Identity politics" is another fake, made up buzzword that didn't exist eight years ago, much like the fake "virtue signaling" buzzword.

They were invented by some blogger, and are evidently parroted by unoriginal teabaggers and neocons.

I'm pretty sure that the "identity politics" buzzword is a manifestation of Republican resentment that the Democratic party generally appeals to people of all colors. While the GOP largely caters to white people.

Staff photos, offices of U.S. representatives Paul Ryan and E. B. Johnson (D)

I'm really wondering if you realize how dumb sound. How is the term "virtue signalling" fake in any context? Just because you don't like the descriptor doesn't mean it isn't real, you fucking dunce. It describes people making circlejerking posts that aren't well thought out just to get likes and retweets. It has risen in the last 8 years because of social media taking off. The two are very correlated. Get with the times old man.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

Русский  (08-20-2017), canceled.2021.3 (08-21-2017), Life is Golden (08-20-2017), Truth Detector (08-20-2017)

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,435 Times in 2,073 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 172 Times in 170 Posts

wtf does a god dam canuck care what we in the usa do?

u jelly cuz we r the greatest country on erf?

is that y u slam America?

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,394 Times in 5,099 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 908 Times in 849 Posts
    Blog Entries

Remember when blacks freaked out over whites making their hair in the same style blacks do?

Why do liberals support that crap?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cancel 2018.2 For This Post:

Русский  (08-20-2017), Truth Detector (08-20-2017)

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,435 Times in 2,073 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 172 Times in 170 Posts

its called culture appropriation

only goes 1 way tho amirite?

it wasnt libs freaking out over this was it? didn't they defend her?

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

SPOT ON!
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crypuss View Post

There is a whole lot of stupid in the above rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Crypuss View Post
    Another massive pile of leftist bile; you seem to be quite full of it. The Democratic party appeals to victimization and those who want a hand out, combined with white guilt. The GOP appeals to people who still believe in the American dream and that FACT that to achieve it, you need LESS Government interventionism and higher educational standards.

Dumbfuck.

22. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I condemn racists & Nazis View Post
    its called culture appropriation

only goes 1 way tho amirite?

it wasnt libs freaking out over this was it? didn't they defend her?

That wasn't what I was talking about. This was simply white girls (I think it was girls) not pretending to be black, but simply making their hair in the same style and blacks and liberals freaked out over culture appropriation.

But when a black person takes on white culture, they are not questioned or insulted.

Basically, whites in America are not allowed to have their own culture.

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Check out this sad Katy Perry example:

‘[I had] a hard conversation with one of one of my empowered angels, Cleo, about what it means – why can’t I wear my hair that way? Or, what is the history behind wearing my hair that way?
    ‘And she told me about the power in black women’s hair and how beautiful it is, and the struggle. I listened and I heard and I didn’t know, and I won’t ever understand some of those things because of who I am.
    ‘I will never understand, but I can educate myself and that’s what I’m trying to do along the way.’

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/13/katy-p...#ixzz4qK6grepo

So white people can't wear their hair like black person???? WTF?