Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dating and Political Beliefs

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,362 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Default Dating and Political Beliefs

Anyone here currently dating or married to someone with different/opposite political beliefs?

San Franciscans care more about politics than good sex in a romantic partner, says OkCupid

Your political affiliation may have more bearing on your love life than ever before, at least according to recent data from OkCupid.*

The online dating site, which gathers information from an exhaustive list of questions that range from the divisive ("Is it okay to answer your cell phone while out on date?)" to the more self-reflective ("Would you have sex in a church?"), has found that users in San Francisco value similar political beliefs more than good sex in a partner.*

According to OkCupid CMO Melissa Hobley, "good sex" is almost always found to be more important than politics — except here. Compared to the rest of the country, San Francisco specifically is seeing a large uptick in the weight its users give to politics.*

In fact, compared to last year, 40 percent more San Francisco folks are saying similar political beliefs matter more to them in a potential match than a great sex life.

Their research has also found that on a national level, OkCupid is seeing an increasing number of members identify themselves as liberal since the election. They are also seeing a spike in those who identify as "centrists." But, more than ever, people are opting to make their their political identities public.

Those who veer right at OkCupid are having a harder time, too. When it comes to messaging, liberal men and women have a higher likelihood of receiving messages from those who identify as conservatives, Hobley said.

Since we weren't able take to the sheets, we took to the streets of San Francisco to find out if the public agrees — or disagrees — with this data. Based on our admittedly slim sample size, it seemed as though the public was split in opinion, except for foreigners. Most of them seem to keep politics out of love.

http://m.sfgate.com/news/article/San...l-11825166.php

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,090 Times in 555 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Anyone here currently dating or married to someone with different/opposite political beliefs?

San Franciscans care more about politics than good sex in a romantic partner, says OkCupid

Your political affiliation may have more bearing on your love life than ever before, at least according to recent data from OkCupid.*

The online dating site, which gathers information from an exhaustive list of questions that range from the divisive ("Is it okay to answer your cell phone while out on date?)" to the more self-reflective ("Would you have sex in a church?"), has found that users in San Francisco value similar political beliefs more than good sex in a partner.*

According to OkCupid CMO Melissa Hobley, "good sex" is almost always found to be more important than politics — except here. Compared to the rest of the country, San Francisco specifically is seeing a large uptick in the weight its users give to politics.*

In fact, compared to last year, 40 percent more San Francisco folks are saying similar political beliefs matter more to them in a potential match than a great sex life.

Their research has also found that on a national level, OkCupid is seeing an increasing number of members identify themselves as liberal since the election. They are also seeing a spike in those who identify as "centrists." But, more than ever, people are opting to make their their political identities public.

Those who veer right at OkCupid are having a harder time, too. When it comes to messaging, liberal men and women have a higher likelihood of receiving messages from those who identify as conservatives, Hobley said.

Since we weren't able take to the sheets, we took to the streets of San Francisco to find out if the public agrees — or disagrees — with this data. Based on our admittedly slim sample size, it seemed as though the public was split in opinion, except for foreigners. Most of them seem to keep politics out of love.

Well, i was going out with a rather well-to-do young lady who i discovered, quite a way down the winding path of intimacy, was somewhat on the extreme right-wing of political thought. When she began dropping the n-word into casual conversation i was a little taken aback. I must admit to putting my principles to one side for a brief moment whilst, well, how shall i put this...some necessary foulness took place, before i made my excuses and left.

I'm not proud of this but, at the time, my needs were greater than my principles, but perhaps a little smaller than my ballsack.

And do you know, despite all this race-based trauma we have been happily married for the last fifteen years*.

*I am joking about the marriage of course. It was only 5 years.*

*We pretty much broke up within the hour.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to charver For This Post:

Bill (08-20-2017), christiefan915 (08-20-2017), Mott the Hoople (08-20-2017), Phantasmal (08-19-2017), signalmankenneth (08-20-2017)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by charver View Post
    Well, i was going out with a rather well-to-do young lady who i discovered, quite a way down the winding path of intimacy, was somewhat on the extreme right-wing of political thought. When she began dropping the n-word into casual conversation i was a little taken aback. I must admit to putting my principles to one side for a brief moment whilst, well, how shall i put this...some necessary foulness took place, before i made my excuses and left.

I'm not proud of this but, at the time, my needs were greater than my principles, but perhaps a little smaller than my ballsack.

And do you know, despite all this race-based trauma we have been happily married for the last fifteen years*.

*I am joking about the marriage of course. It was only 5 years.*

*We pretty much broke up within the hour.
    LOL!! That last part is funny. Since Adam and Eve man has put aside his principles for p*ssy.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (08-20-2017), Phantasmal (08-19-2017)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,090 Times in 555 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Blog Entries

LOL!! That last part is funny. Since Adam and Eve man has put aside his principles for p*ssy.
    What can i say, C?

I'd like to think, as a more mature man, holding a position of respectability in the local community, that if i could go back and change my previous behaviour, i'd...actually...no i'd do exactly the same thing again.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to charver For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (08-20-2017)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What can i say, C?

I'd like to think, as a more mature man, holding a position of respectability in the local community, that if i could go back and change my previous behaviour, i'd...actually...no i'd do exactly the same thing again.
    Damn, I just spit out my drink

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (08-20-2017)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

As long as you virtue signal you hate Nazis from 1942 you are good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Groans At canceled.2021.3 For This Awful Post:

Rune (08-20-2017)

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

BRUTALITOPS (08-20-2017), Mott the Hoople (08-20-2017), Rune (08-20-2017)

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    I daresay there are women in the bay area that will find you attractive if you slash your wrists.
    I bet there are queers in the Bay Area that love your virtue signaling ass. How do you virtue signal to them that you don't hate queers? Do you go to a corner, get on your knees and blow a dildo?

Did you virtue signal today?

15. The Following User Groans At canceled.2021.3 For This Awful Post:

Rune (08-20-2017)

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Liberaland View Post
    I bet there are queers in the Bay Area that love your virtue signaling ass. How do you virtue signal to them that you don't hate queers? Do you go to a corner, get on your knees and blow a dildo?

Did you virtue signal today?
    Did you salute your portrait of Hitler today?

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (08-20-2017), Rune (08-20-2017)

18. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

back in the 80's I went out with a girl (immature -why I call her a girl) who was into KKK stuff, I went to one meeting she dragged me to.
    It was a pathetic "don't mix races" couple of speeches. I told her no more -and no I am not contributing

It lasted like 2 months

19. The Following User Groans At dukkha For This Awful Post:

Rune (08-20-2017)

20. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

It all depends.......on the size of their boobs.

J/K.

Can't recall any females I have dated being rightwing/conservative. Perhaps there may have been a liberal Republican in the mix once (aka, Lincoln Chaffe, Colin Powell school of thinking).

But, really surprisingly where I live, I don't run into many females who voted for Trump, loved the Iraq War, and dream of a day when Medicare and Medicaid are dismantled. It's about as common as the pink-spotted cheetah, man!

So, it may have to do as much with geography as anything else.
    Now, when I lived in Texas, there seemed to be a fair amount of Republican women roaming the state. But I dated a couple of black women in Texas... so I think I missed the boat for an opportunity to take a walk on the wild side - and date a rightwinger!

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

christiefan915 (08-20-2017), Mott the Hoople (08-20-2017)

22. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Liberaland View Post
    As long as you virtue signal you hate Nazis from 1942 you are good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks ILA

23. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Rune (08-20-2017)

24. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Dude....within a year of my wife immigrating to the US I noticed the following. She believes taxes are payments to the Devil, the cats in our neighborhood disappeared while simultaneously our grocery bill went down, she has a shoe collection rivaling Imelda Marcos, and an entire closet full of purses which cost more than my car and she drinks red wine with fish. You think we share any political beliefs?
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

Cypress (08-20-2017), dukkha (08-20-2017)

26. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

What can i say, C?

Position of respectability? Didn't you just make parole?
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

27. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 881 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 36 Times in 36 Posts

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.