Thread: Duke University Is Removing The Robert E. Lee Statue From Its Chapel

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Charlestown and Southie are being sold out to the highest bidder developers. Nothing but condo's for hipsters going up. Displacing everyone. I doubt they could make a movie like that there anymore, that is how much it is changing.
    Gentrification??
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    I know. Sad. The nice thing about cities for me anyway used to be the different sections. Different cultures, different restaurants, etc. That is all going over the side and I do not think it is a good thing.
    I love that as well......
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,394 Times in 5,099 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 908 Times in 849 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    Slavery and the Hollocaust are both stains on our societies but because we did not commit the crimes of the Hollocaust, slavery is our stain. 2,000,000, possibly more people died being transported to the USA, I have not seen the number of those that died once they arrived, but once here they were treated like livestock, bred, maintained and sold for value as labor.

Although the Hollocaust and Slavery were different in their nature, they are both atrocities and in no way be excused or trivialized by trying to say one is worst than the other.
    Yeah, you're right. One murder is not worst than the other because one tortured and one did not.

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yaya View Post
    Yeah, you're right. One murder is not worst than the other because one tortured and one did not.

Rana can't get anything right, her 2,000,000 figure is bullshit. The real total was much nearer to 400, 000. The vast majority of slaves were shipped to places like Brazil.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/african-amer...ded-in-the-us/

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 17 Times in 17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Corazón View Post
    Rana can't get anything right, her 2,000,000 figure is bullshit. The real total was much nearer to 400, 000. The vast majority of slaves were shipped to places like Brazil.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/african-amer...ded-in-the-us/
    The most comprehensive analysis of shipping records over the course of the slave trade is the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade Database, edited by professors David Eltis and David Richardson. (While the editors are careful to say that all of their figures are estimates, I believe that they are the best estimates that we have, the proverbial "gold standard" in the field of the study of the slave trade.) Between 1525 and 1866, in the entire history of the slave trade to the New World, according to the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade Database, 12.5 million Africans were shipped to the New World. 10.7 million survived the dreaded Middle Passage, disembarking in North America, the Caribbean and South America.

http://www.theroot.com/how-many-slav...-us-1790873989
    USFREEDOM911 Expresses one of his homosexual prison rape fantasies;
    Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    he may be getting several boners, they just won't be his.
    "You got shot in the balls and you're still walking!! Then this probably won't hurt you at all (as he unzips his pants)."

I would kill someone who didn't pay me, after I give them a blowjob.
    Does that make me insane?

6. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a cocksucker who makes false accusations that I can't support, and that's why I'm a dumbass View Post
    The most comprehensive analysis of shipping records over the course of the slave trade is the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade Database, edited by professors David Eltis and David Richardson. (While the editors are careful to say that all of their figures are estimates, I believe that they are the best estimates that we have, the proverbial "gold standard" in the field of the study of the slave trade.) Between 1525 and 1866, in the entire history of the slave trade to the New World, according to the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade Database, 12.5 million Africans were shipped to the New World. 10.7 million survived the dreaded Middle Passage, disembarking in North America, the Caribbean and South America.

Buckly has no proof, so he’s just------------------->
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

7. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Unless it was a civil war memorial chapel what was a statue of the white supremacist General Lee doing in the chapel in the first place?
    "You got shot in the balls and you're still walking!! Then this probably won't hurt you at all (as he unzips his pants)."

8. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buckly J. Ewer View Post

So what's your point? Less than 400,000 were sent directly to the US not 2,000,000 as stated by Rana. Stop being a loathsome prick for once in your life!!

And how many of these 10.7 million Africans were shipped directly to North America? Only about 388,000.That's right: a tiny percentage.

In fact, the overwhelming percentage of the African slaves were shipped directly to the Caribbean and South America; Brazil received 4.86 million Africans alone! Some scholars estimate that another 60,000 to 70,000 Africans ended up in the United States after touching down in the Caribbean first, so that would bring the total to approximately 450,000 Africans who arrived in the United States over the course of the slave trade.
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 08-21-2017 at 04:19 AM.

9. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a cocksucker who makes false accusations that I can't support, and that's why I'm a dumbass View Post
    Unless it was a civil war memorial chapel what was a statue of the white supremacist General Lee doing in the chapel in the first place?

10. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDUMBNAZIASSHOLE View Post
    Buckly has no proof, so he’s just-------------------> [IMG]https://media.giphy.com/media/RL0xU1daTlMoE/giphy.gif[IMG]
    Lee was a life long white supremacist a reprobate and a traitor to his nation. No wonder republicans love his ass.

11. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Lee was a life long white supremacist a reprobate and a traitor to his nation. No wonder republicans love his ass.