Members banned from this thread: blackascoal, evince, signalmankenneth, domer76, Nomad and Amadeus

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: How To Know You’re In a Mass Hysteria Bubble

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trump Diva View Post
    Excuses, excuses.

The GOP hatred of Trump come from the swamp creatures in the deep state. They have their gravy train with biscuit wheels and don't want it to come to a screeching halt.

Can't wait to hear your explanation of 'the resistance' BEFORE Trump took office.
    It is funny that Cuntiefan can't see through supposed Trump hatred from McCancer, Grahmnesty, Flakey Flake and Little Marco and Kasich. All but one got trounced in the Primary and are bitter little bitches.

All have betrayed conservatives on important votes in the past. All have sold out our country to globalists and big corporations.

Yet Cuntiefan is so fuckaimg vapid she can't see that. She actually thinks there is real dissension.

The GOP is in the midst of a civil war right now. And it is about to come to a head.

The democrat party is not in a position to take advantage because they are too busy with Russian Conspiracies and supporting left wing fascist groups.

My concern for Trump right now is that he is surrounded by too many globalists and democrats. They will try to convince him that "moderating" is the way to go. It is a loser every time.

I wish he would have called out the left wing fascists yesterday. That was a big miss.

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Numerous times you lectured us on how and why trump was elected, that we don't understand his voters, that we believe everybody should think the same as us, etc.

So how about giving us your "expert" analysis of why we despise trump without referring to Hillary, Bernie or the election?
    that's a moronic question. That's like saying "explain how how the football team won the game but don't talk about who scored the most points"

your fundamental perception of reality was shattered on election day, and you've never recovered. It has everything to do with 2016.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

canceled.2021.3 (08-23-2017)

4. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Literal Vampire Potbelly Goblin View Post
    that's a moronic question. That's like saying "explain how how the football team won the game but don't talk about who scored the most points"

your fundamental perception of reality was shattered on election day, and you've never recovered. It has everything to do with 2016.
    You don't think it's moronic to write an essay on why liberals don't understand how trump won but this is beyond your capabilities.

Let me educate you. My perception of the political process was shattered long before election day. trump didn't have a platform, he ran on arrogance and a slogan. His fans not only applauded his vile, crude ignorant comments, they agreed with him. It doesn't say much for their critical thinking. Intelligent people could deconstruct trump's comments and ask the hard questions on whether or not he could actually push through his promises. As we're seeing now, he cannot. So it's not enough to say his supporters feel ignored and that DC is full of swamp critters. trump simply replaced one set of swamp critters with another. trump is the opposite of a populist.

Bottom line, liberals knew long before election day that trump was a bloviating, dishonest, incurious liar and that he was selling smoke and mirrors to his gullible followers. So don't try to lecture us on how we don't understand discontent, blah blah blah. We understand it. We just never thought so many Americans could be so stupid as to believe the hyperbole and hubris spouted by that grifter.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

5. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Cypress (08-23-2017)

6. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

We just never thought so many Americans could be so stupid as to believe the hyperbole and hubris spouted by that grifter.
    you are confirming what I have already said. You never thought he was capable of winning, you thought you lived in a completely different america and reality. You guys all got a massive kick in the head and haven't recovered.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

7. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

you are confirming what I have already said. You never thought he was capable of winning, you thought you lived in a completely different america and reality. You guys all got a massive kick in the head and haven't recovered.
    Wrong again. The closer we got to the election, the more I thought he could win. For all the reasons I stated above.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

8. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Wrong again. The closer we got to the election, the more I thought he could win. For all the reasons I stated above.
    Show us the post where you stated that or you are lying.

Shouldn't be hard for you to find

9. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,799 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 171 Times in 164 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Get over it. There were no organized daily thousands of emotionally disturbed, crying, bedwetting, marching, safe space-seeking, free speech-denying, msm-owning, assassination-promoting, mask-wearing anarchist nitwits disturbing your guy. He managed to slither through his 8 years relatively unscathed because he had the msm and swamp's backing at alllllllll times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    Damn, Stretch. You have lost your mind. There is none of that "daily" with the left, either.
    Wow, if that's the only thing you can find wrong with Stretch's post I would assume you basically agree with it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2018.1 For This Post:

Stretch (08-23-2017)

11. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aloysious View Post
    Wow, if that's the only thing you can find wrong with Stretch's post I would assume you basically agree with it.
    Where did I say that was the only thing wrong w/ it?

Does every response need to be a full, point-by-point critique?

Wow.

12. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,799 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 171 Times in 164 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    Where did I say that was the only thing wrong w/ it?

OK, I'll say it. "Daily" was the only thing wrong with it.
    Last edited by Cancel 2018.1; 08-23-2017 at 12:09 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cancel 2018.1 For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (08-23-2017), Stretch (08-23-2017)

14. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So now nine months later we have Thingy, GayRod and KKKhristiefan on as record as saying they knew Trump was gonna win. Awesome stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

15. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.3 For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (08-24-2017)

16. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

FascismFan915, are you going to explain the resistance before the election now?

17. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Liberaland View Post
    So now nine months later we have Thingy, GayRod and KKKhristiefan on as record as saying they knew Trump was gonna win. Awesome stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I can bump the thread again if you want - I said Comey's letter would cost Hillary the election.

It's crazy funny how obsessed you guys still are w/ the election, and with saying some variation of "Trump won." Libbies didn't do that after Obama won. They talked about what he was actually doing...

18. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,710 Times in 27,343 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Liberaland View Post
    It is funny that Cuntiefan can't see through supposed Trump hatred from McCancer, Grahmnesty, Flakey Flake and Little Marco and Kasich. All but one got trounced in the Primary and are bitter little bitches.

All have betrayed conservatives on important votes in the past. All have sold out our country to globalists and big corporations.

Yet Cuntiefan is so fuckaimg vapid she can't see that. She actually thinks there is real dissension.

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah .

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

christiefan915 (08-24-2017)

20. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,976 Times in 32,291 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aloysious View Post
    OK, I'll say it. "Daily" was the only thing wrong with it.
    agreed.....on this board its been ten to twenty times a day......

21. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Excellent Article. I am posting the whole thing. I suggest you read the whole thing. Conservatives here will readily notice the signs of mass hysteria present with our JPP liberals.

================================================== ===============================

History is full of examples of Mass Hysterias. They happen fairly often. The cool thing about mass hysterias is that you don’t know when you are in one. But sometimes the people who are not experiencing the mass hysteria can recognize when others are experiencing one, if they know what to look for.

I’ll teach you what to look for.

A mass hysteria happens when the public gets a wrong idea about something that has strong emotional content and it triggers cognitive dissonance that is often supported by confirmation bias. In other words, people spontaneously hallucinate a whole new (and usually crazy-sounding) reality and believe they see plenty of evidence for it. The Salem Witch Trials are the best-known example of mass hysteria. The McMartin Pre-School case and the Tulip Bulb hysteria are others. The dotcom bubble probably qualifies. We might soon learn that the Russian Collusion story was mass hysteria in hindsight. The curious lack of solid evidence for Russian collusion is a red flag. But we’ll see how that plays out.

The most visible Mass Hysteria of the moment involves the idea that the United States intentionally elected a racist President. If that statement just triggered you, it might mean you are in the Mass Hysteria bubble. The cool part is that you can’t fact-check my claim you are hallucinating if you are actually hallucinating. But you can read my description of the signs of mass hysteria and see if you check off the boxes.

If you’re in the mass hysteria, recognizing you have all the symptoms of hysteria won’t help you be aware you are in it. That’s not how hallucinations work. Instead, your hallucination will automatically rewrite itself to expel any new data that conflicts with its illusions.

But if you are not experiencing mass hysteria, you might be totally confused by the actions of the people who are. They appear to be irrational, but in ways that are hard to define. You can’t tell if they are stupid, unscrupulous, ignorant, mentally ill, emotionally unstable or what. It just looks frickin’ crazy.

The reason you can’t easily identify what-the-hell is going on in the country right now is that a powerful mass hysteria is in play. If you see the signs after I point them out, you’re probably not in the hysteria bubble. If you read this and do NOT see the signs, it probably means you’re trapped inside the mass hysteria bubble.

Here are some signs of mass hysteria. This is my own take on it, but I welcome you to fact-check it with experts on mass hysteria.
    1. The trigger event for cognitive dissonance

On November 8th of 2016, half the country learned that everything they believed to be both true and obvious turned out to be wrong. The people who thought Trump had no chance of winning were under the impression they were smart people who understood their country, and politics, and how things work in general. When Trump won, they learned they were wrong. They were so very wrong that they reflexively (because this is how all brains work) rewrote the scripts they were seeing in their minds until it all made sense again. The wrong-about-everything crowd decided that the only way their world made sense, with their egos intact, is that either the Russians helped Trump win or there are far more racists in the country than they imagined, and he is their king. Those were the seeds of the two mass hysterias we witness today. Trump supporters experienced no trigger event for cognitive dissonance when Trump won. Their worldview was confirmed by observed events.

2. The Ridiculousness of it
    One sign of a good mass hysteria is that it sounds bonkers to anyone who is not experiencing it. Imagine your neighbor telling you he thinks the other neighbor is a witch. Or imagine someone saying the local daycare provider is a satanic temple in disguise. Or imagine someone telling you tulip bulbs are more valuable than gold. Crazy stuff.

Compare that to the idea that our president is a Russian puppet. Or that the country accidentally elected a racist who thinks the KKK and Nazis are “fine people.” Crazy stuff.

If you think those examples don’t sound crazy – regardless of the reality – you are probably inside the mass hysteria bubble.

3. The Confirmation Bias

If you are inside the mass hysteria bubble, you probably interpreted President Trump’s initial statement on Charlottesville – which was politically imperfect to say the least – as proof-positive he is a damned racist.

If you are outside the mass hysteria bubble you might have noticed that President Trump never campaigned to be our moral leader. He presented himself as – in his own words “no angel” – with a set of skills he offered to use in the public’s interest. He was big on law and order, and equal justice under the law. But he never offered moral leadership. Voters elected him with that knowledge. Evidently, Republicans don’t depend on politicians for moral leadership. That’s probably a good call.

When the horror in Charlottesville shocked the country, citizens instinctively looked to their president for moral leadership. The president instead provided a generic law and order statement. Under pressure, he later named specific groups and disavowed the racists. He was clearly uncomfortable being our moral lighthouse. That’s probably why he never described his moral leadership as an asset when running for office. We observe that he has never been shy about any other skill he brings to the job, so it probably isn’t an accident when he avoids mentioning any ambitions for moral leadership. If he wanted us to know he would provide that service, I think he would have mentioned it by now.

If you already believed President Trump is a racist, his weak statement about Charlottesville seems like confirmation. But if you believe he never offered moral leadership, only equal treatment under the law, that’s what you saw instead. And you made up your own mind about the morality.
    The tricky part here is that any interpretation of what happened could be confirmation bias. But ask yourself which one of these versions sounds less crazy:

1. A sitting president, who is a branding expert, thought it would be a good idea to go easy on murderous Nazis as a way to improve his popularity.
    or…
    2. The country elected a racist leader who is winking to the KKK and White Supremacists that they have a free pass to start a race war now.
    or…
    3. A mentally unstable racist clown with conman skills (mostly just lying) eviscerated the Republican primary field and won the presidency. He keeps doing crazy, impulsive racist stuff. But for some reason, the economy is going well, jobs are looking good, North Korea blinked, ISIS is on the ropes, and the Supreme Court got a qualified judge. It was mostly luck.
    or…
    4. The guy who didn’t offer to be your moral leader didn’t offer any moral leadership, just law and order, applied equally. His critics cleverly and predictably framed it as being soft on Nazis.
    One of those narratives is less crazy-sounding than the other. That doesn’t mean the less-crazy one has to be true. But normal stuff happens far more often than crazy stuff. And critics will frame normal stuff as crazy whenever they get a chance.

4. The Oversized Reaction

It would be hard to overreact to a Nazi murder, or to racists marching in the streets with torches. That stuff demands a strong reaction. But if a Republican agrees with you that Nazis are the worst, and you threaten to punch that Republican for not agreeing with you exactly the right way, that might be an oversized reaction.

5. The Insult without supporting argument

When people have actual reasons for disagreeing with you, they offer those reasons without hesitation. Strangers on social media will cheerfully check your facts, your logic, and your assumptions. But when you start seeing ad hominem attacks that offer no reasons at all, that might be a sign that people in the mass hysteria bubble don’t understand what is wrong with your point of view except that it sounds more sensible than their own.

For the past two days I have been disavowing Nazis on Twitter. The most common response from the people who agree with me is that my comic strip sucks and I am ugly.

The mass hysteria signals I described here are not settled science, or anything like it. This is only my take on the topic, based on personal observation and years of experience with hypnosis and other forms of persuasion. I present this filter on the situation as the first step in dissolving the mass hysteria. It isn’t enough, but more persuasion is coming. If you are outside the mass hysteria bubble, you might see what I am doing in this blog as a valuable public service. If you are inside the mass hysteria bubble, I look like a Nazi collaborator.

How do I look to you?

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/1642976...ysteria-bubble

Awwww...poor Trumpsters....their messiah gets criticized for stating a false moral equivalency and are having a melt down. Isn't it cute? How dare anyone criticize their messiah for not knowing the difference between right and wrong! LOL

The only thing hysterical here is Adams article. I laughed until my side hurt. LOL
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!