Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The lengths Trump supporters go to

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why aren't we taking down statues of martin luther king for being homophobic? Please answer honestly. MLK said gay people should go to psychiratrists and said being gay was a problem that needed fixing. This is not in accordance with our modern values.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

Русский  (08-18-2017)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Literal Vampire Potbelly Goblin View Post
    Why aren't we taking down statues of martin luther king for being homophobic? Please answer honestly. MLK said gay people should go to psychiratrists and said being gay was a problem that needed fixing. This is not in accordance with our modern values.
    You really don't understand symbolism, do you?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2020.1 For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-18-2017)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

Not just trump supporters:

A majority of Americans support the statues staying up. Many believe for historical reasons. Not just trump supporters, not just racists. Normal everyday americans.
    By framing the narrative in the form of historical statues Trump actually got the issue to work for us ^__^ we will have bigger majorities after 2018
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    You really don't understand symbolism, do you?
    What about the symbolism of being pro-lgbt?

Sounds like you don't believe in an objective reality. You sound very post-modern. Making up your own realities, wishing for feels over reals, wanting some statues to come down because the person is no longer in accordance with modern values, but wanting other statues to stay up even though they also did things not in accordance with modern values. There is no underlying objective principle that you have, no consistency. Just that you want some to come down and others to not, based on the subjective symbols you wish to impose. Fucking scary.

In any case, I proved above that a MAJORITY of AMERICANS want to keep the CONFEDERATE statues. By a very large margin. You keep trying to take down these statues, you overplay your hand. Your whole thread is moot.

---

Grind is basically right

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

tsuke (08-18-2017)

8. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

One more time:

Here's how it goes, Trump supporters. Jefferson owned slaves. But he wrote the Declaration of Independence, and his rhetoric set the foundation for equal rights for all in America. That is what he represents to most Americans: freedom, independence, justice & equal rights. These are the things he fought for.

Lee was the general of the confederate army, and fought - hard - to preserve slavery. Personally, he may have been an extremely honorable man, and had his own views on slavery. But, in public life, he fought to keep people enslaved, and this is what he is known for. It is what he represents to most Americans.

So, a statue of Jefferson is cool with most - he symbolizes freedom & equal rights, and the gov't is expressing that by honoring him w/ a statue. Lee's statue is a symbol of the fight to preserve slavery; he was literally the leader of that cause.

See the difference?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2020.1 For This Post:

christiefan915 (08-18-2017)

10. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What about the symbolism of being pro-lgbt?

Sounds like you don't believe in an objective reality. You sound very post-modern. Making up your own realities, wishing for feels over reals, wanting some statues to come down because the person is no longer in accordance with modern values, but wanting other statues to stay up even though they also did things not in accordance with modern values. There is no underlying objective principle that you have, no consistency. Just that you want some to come down and others to not, based on the subjective symbols you wish to impose. Fucking scary.

In any case, I proved above that a MAJORITY of AMERICANS want to keep the CONFEDERATE statues. By a very large margin. You keep trying to take down these statues, you overplay your hand. Your whole thread is moot.
    A majority of Americans also want Russia investigated. They also disapprove of Trump.

But you don't care as much about those #'s.

11. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,165 Times in 33,863 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Not just trump supporters:

A majority of Americans support the statues staying up. Many believe for historical reasons. Not just trump supporters, not just racists. Normal everyday americans.
    Do you support the Confedracy, do you think the statues should stay up?

12. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,602 Times in 2,267 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 163 Times in 155 Posts

But duh emails

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Badguy For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-18-2017)

14. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,685 Times in 27,327 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    you don't pay attention to what doesn't fit your pre-conceptions.

Many a time I criticize TRump's tweets - some for being trollish-but for no other reason then he steps on his own message.

I do not defend Putin as much as offer a deeper look at why he does what he does.
    You like to demonize him without any constructive path forward. what I consistently preach.

I never defend anyone because of their racist views -Nazi's or "white nationals" - what you fail to understand
    is economic natonalism is inclusive to all Americans

btw, when and where did you Trumptards learn this new buzzword "virtue signaling". It's like you all started using it as the same time. Did some lonely, resentful, basement dwelling rightwing blogger think it up and you all began parroting him?

As for Russia, you have no skin in the game, and it didn't even occur to you to become Putin's submissive gimp until Trump started needing robust defense concerning his nexus with Russia. So I do not believe your alleged interest in the psychology and geopolics of Putin actually has anything to do at all with Putin. It is all about an emotional need to defend your hero, Donald J. Drumpf.

I actually have skin in the game regarding Russia, and I have spent a lifetime hoping that liberals and liberal reformers prevail in Russia, and that Russian can achieve a measure of liberal democracy, while still holding onto the traditionalist and conservative cultural influences that make them Russian.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

christiefan915 (08-18-2017), Phantasmal (08-18-2017), zappasguitar (08-18-2017)

16. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    A majority of Americans also want Russia investigated. They also disapprove of Trump.

But you don't care as much about those #'s.
    Sure I care. re: russia, sure lets have the investigation and exornerate him. I'm not sweating it.

re: disapprovals, I mean I have never denied the fake deep state media is successfully harming him. I do disagree with some of the outliers and think he's probably closer to 40, but that's just my own opinion. But I have never pretended he's above 50% or something.

You on the other hand assume supporting the statues makes one a trump supporter or a racist, well if that's the case this nation has a lot more racist trump supporters than you thought, to the tune of 62%.

The deep state media has lead you to believe everyone is against these statues except for the KKK. That's a lie. Americans (normal, everyday americans) support these statues and want them to remain up.

---

Grind is basically right

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

Русский  (08-18-2017)

18. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    btw, when and where did you Trumptards learn this new buzzword "virtue signaling".

you are old so you can be forgiven, but it's a very common word on social media, to describe people firing out a quippy meaningless tweet to show how good they are. Get with the times.

---

Grind is basically right

19. The Following User Says Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

Русский  (08-18-2017)

20. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,769 Times in 27,243 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

21. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Sure I care. re: russia, sure lets have the investigation and exornerate him. I'm not sweating it.

re: disapprovals, I mean I have never denied the fake deep state media is successfully harming him. I do disagree with some of the outliers and think he's probably closer to 40, but that's just my own opinion. But I have never pretended he's above 50% or something.

You on the other hand assume supporting the statues makes one a trump supporter or a racist, well if that's the case this nation has a lot more racist trump supporters than you thought, to the tune of 62%.

The deep state media has lead you to believe everyone is against these statues except for the KKK. That's a lie. Americans (normal, everyday americans) support these statues and want them to remain up.
    Where did I say the bolded?

You have been doing this a lot (like when you said I claimed every Trump supporter is KKK). It's careless, and undermines any other argument you're trying to make.

I have said many times this past week that I'm not personally offended by the statues, but I get why some are.

22. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

i seriously think the media just doesnt want to go back to russia anymore because they will be forced to discuss the MB issue.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

23. The Following User Says Thank You to tsuke For This Post:

Русский  (08-18-2017)

24. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

you are old so you can be forgiven, but it's a very common word on social media, to describe people firing out a quippy meaningless tweet to show how good they are. Get with the times.
    He's right that many conservative posters started saying it on the same day recently.