Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Red Sox Will Push To Rename Fenway Park Street Named For Racist Former Owner

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    He was pretty loved there so I'd assume he'd get a pass
    I guess they'd have to give out lots of those passes .. else WWE and the Golf Channel is about all the sports they'll be watching. :0)

I'm betting there's about a billion dollars from Boston alone bet on Conor McGregor.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    I guess they'd have to give out lots of those passes .. else WWE and the Golf Channel is about all they sports they'll be watching. :0)

I'm betting there's about a billion dollars from Boston alone bet on Conor McGregor.
    Ha!!!

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Uhhhhhhhhhh no. Keep whining your little hyper-offended victim heads off till mommeeeeee gives you everything you want.
    :0) Kiss my ass Bubba. Your whining is pure comedy to me.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

evince (08-18-2017)

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

waaaaaaaaaahhhhh, that statue offends me momeeeee...take it down!!!! sniff
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    waaaaaaaaaahhhhh, that statue offends me momeeeee...take it down!!!! sniff
    :0) You do that so well.

Point of FACT .. I've only visited Boston twice for brief periods .. don't follow baseball .. had no idea who the former owner was or that he was racist .. YET, the street will be renamed and the new owners made it clear he was denouncing a racist past.

I had nothing to do with it.

YET, along comes a dummy like you blaming me for what your side brought on. :0) PURE COMEDY.

Had Charlottesville not happened .. Trump not happened .. many of those statues would still be standing and this street may have never been renamed.

Too many dots for you?

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

I guess they'd have to give out lots of those passes .. else WWE and the Golf Channel is about all the sports they'll be watching. :0)

And none of that billion will be coming back to Boston.

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    And none of that billion will be coming back to Boston.
    :0) Not a dime.

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Point of FACT .. I've only visited Boston twice for brief periods .. don't follow baseball .. had no idea who the former owner was or that he was racist .. YET, the street will be renamed and the new owners made it clear he was denouncing a racist past.

YET, along comes a dummy like you blaming me for what your side brought on. :0) PURE COMEDY.

Had Charlottesville not happened .. Trump not happened .. many of those statues would still be standing and this street may have never been renamed.

Too many dots for you?

waaaaaaaaahhhhhh......we have no lives........we like to live in the past...sniff sniff..........we love our hate! we love our hate! we love our hate! we won't ever let go of our bitterness and hate!!!! waaaaaah! we wanna tear down statues!!!

Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

canceled.2021.3 (08-17-2017), Life is Golden (08-18-2017)

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    a pox on both. Long suffering Orioles fans get stuck in the same division of teams who can buy a pennant
    ok retard, that's why like the vast majority of our awesome players (devers/mookie/JBJ/benetendi/) are all players fresh out of the farm being paid dirt cheap and anyone we spend big bucks on (price, sandavol) suck ass.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Let's see how they take naming it Big Papa Way?
    he's called big papi you fucking idiot. not big papa. And we just named a bridge after him and worship ortiz.

---

Grind is basically right

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

Русский  (08-17-2017)

14. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

BRUTALITOPS (08-17-2017)

16. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Literal Vampire Potbelly Goblin View Post
    ok retard, that's why like the vast majority of our awesome players (devers/mookie/JBJ/benetendi/) are all players fresh out of the farm being paid dirt cheap and anyone we spend big bucks on (price, sandavol) suck ass.
    hey you got a superior General Manager/farm system going, although Buck Showalter gets the best out of his players.

17. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

yup that's what people don't get. Our farm system is fucking top notch. We grow our talent from the ground up. Then we get the best players in baseball for nearly a decade for very cheap, and then when they start to suck we pawn them off to the incompetent yankees lol. It's called the ellsbury strategy.

---

Grind is basically right

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

anatta (08-17-2017), Minister of Truth (08-17-2017)

19. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 80 Times in 78 Posts

The team’s current leadership is “still haunted” by the racist legacy of the owner Jackie Robinson called “the most bigoted man in baseball.”

The Boston Red Sox will lead an effort to change the name of a street near their stadium named after a former team owner who has been decried for years as a racist, current owner John W. Henry told The Boston Herald on Thursday.

Yawkey Way, which runs alongside the team’s Fenway Park, is named for Tom Yawkey, who owned the franchise from 1933 to 1976. Under his leadership, the Red Sox passed on the chance to sign Jackie Robinson ― who broke Major League Baseball’s color barrier for the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1947 ― and did not sign their first black player until 1959.

Yawkey’s stance against signing black players reportedly cost the Red Sox a chance to sign Hall of Famer Willie Mays, and made the franchise the last team in baseball to integrate its roster.

Yawkey died in 1976, and the street outside Fenway was named for him a year later. But that could change if Henry gets his way.

“For me, personally, the street name has always been a consistent reminder that it is our job to ensure the Red Sox are not just multi-cultural, but stand for as many of the right things in our community as we can – particularly in our African-American community and in the Dominican community that has embraced us so fully,” Henry told the Herald.

Henry, who bought the Red Sox in 2002, added that he is “still haunted by what went on here a long time before we arrived.”
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...ushpmg00000009

.. and the cultural war continues .. with racists being kicked back into the Stone Age.
    Look kid, and that is what you are, a little kid, you can not change the past. Changing the name of a road or knocking down a baseball stadium will not make the world any different. However when you can find peace in your heart, perhaps you will be able to know what happiness is instead of only feeling fear and hate.

Again Alveda King voted for Trump to make America a better place, she knows that she did the right thing. All you know is the fear that envelops your entire being.

Someone who loves you should get an exorcist

20. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Too many dots for you?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hkhUiv...ature=youtu.be