Groaned 172 Times in 170 Posts

ok

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    I'd like to repeat my call for a JPP seminar series on analogies & comparisons.
    Did you have a point lol?

In a certain sense, I agree the analogy is weak. There was no 'both sides' in Barcelona. The innocent people killed weren't trying to shut down speech through violence; a lot more people were killed; and the perp committed the act in cold blood.

But again, the responses by world leaders were boilerplate. Islamic terrorism has become so commonplace in Europe and the responses to it so predictable, I can write them in advance. And the responses were very, very much like Trump's initial statement on Charlottesville.

But the media went into a meltdown frenzy over Trump's response. CNN is still doing 'both sides Gate' while people are dying in Barcelona.

And you wonder why so many people have given up on our media.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,340 Times in 10,527 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor View Post
    i read it

i don't recall mentioning the 1st amendment which says congress shall make no law

i believe i said that everyone in america has a right to protest peaceably (assembly) and speak freely

the govt is responsible for equal protection under the law

cops failed in their duty to prevent antifa and blm thugs from preventing unite the right participants from assembling peaceably and speaking freely

do u deny it?
    You mentioned free speech and assembly. That's First Amendment, moron.

You have a problem with the local cops? Write them a fucking letter with your bitches. I'm sure they'll give it all the consideration it deserves.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

evince (08-18-2017), Rune (08-18-2017)

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    You don't seem to dislike Nazis much (if at all).
    I think Nazi's are horrible people. But, I just believe that some things are so self evident that I don't feel the need to virtue signal every five seconds.

How many times do you feel you have to say it? Are you going to tattoo it on your forehead so you can virtue signal to the whole world?

There are lots of groups I dislike. I don't fee the need to denounce them on a daily basis. The issue is the media and your shitty millennial education has done a good job of indoctrinating you so that you have this visceral fear of being called a racist. You are a moral coward

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Differing opinion? I hope people on the right don't agree with Nazi's and white supremacists.
    The rally was about whether a statue stays or goes.
    Difference of opinion.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

7. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,777 Times in 27,251 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    Yeah a few idiots running their mouths compared to zealots intent on killing, very different.
    But since the left find violence perfectly acceptable as a response to differing opinion, now the two start coming together.
    Its just dumb luck there wasnt a ball game outcome to get a full blown riot going.

they killed a person

there are people still hospitalized and will lose a limb or two as a result you evil fuck

8. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    The rally was about whether a statue stays or goes.
    Difference of opinion.
    and when the people of a city decide they dont want those statues then you need to shut the fuck up about them exercizing their rights

9. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Did you have a point lol?

In a certain sense, I agree the analogy is weak. There was no 'both sides' in Barcelona. The innocent people killed weren't trying to shut down speech through violence; a lot more people were killed; and the perp committed the act in cold blood.

But again, the responses by world leaders were boilerplate. Islamic terrorism has become so commonplace in Europe and the responses to it so predictable, I can write them in advance. And the responses were very, very much like Trump's initial statement on Charlottesville.

But the media went into a meltdown frenzy over Trump's response. CNN is still doing 'both sides Gate' while people are dying in Barcelona.

And you wonder why so many people have given up on our media.
    You and "the media."

Did you see the immediate reaction of Republicans - many of whom hate the media? Did you see Kelly during Trump's 2nd statement?

Trump was a mess on this issue. "Many sides" was consistent w/ how he has been in the past - extremely reluctant to take on a passionate part of his base support. MOST Americans saw this Darth - with or without the media. You have unbelievable blinders on when it comes to Trump, and you will excuse literally anything he says or does.

10. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You and "the media."

Did you see the immediate reaction of Republicans - many of whom hate the media? Did you see Kelly during Trump's 2nd statement?

Trump was a mess on this issue. "Many sides" was consistent w/ how he has been in the past - extremely reluctant to take on a passionate part of his base support. MOST Americans saw this Darth - with or without the media. You have unbelievable blinders on when it comes to Trump, and you will excuse literally anything he says or does.
    Watch the videos and ask yourself if you see only see hate on one side.

And be honest. If you only see hate on one side, you have the blinders on.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

11. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

12. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Watch the videos and ask yourself if you see only see hate on one side.

And be honest. If you only see hate on one side, you have the blinders on.
    I have already said there is on both sides.

But Americans see a difference between white supremacists hating blacks and jews, and leftists hating white supremacists. Trump was wrong that there were "many" on the white supremacist side not espousing hate, and that's where he tripped up.

This was a softball, and he should have hit it out of the park. He doesn't like condemning racists & xenophobes. And the media is right - if this had been a Muslim group, the condemnation would be fast & furious, and there wouldn't be a "many sides."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2020.1 For This Post:

christiefan915 (08-18-2017)

14. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,196 Times in 25,727 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    BINGO .. and that's the point.

No one believed Trump was sincere .. then he came right back the next day and proved everyone right.
    Exactly. No condemnation of the Minnesota mosque bombing, no condemnation of the London mosque bombing. He's consistent in ignoring attacks on innocent people if they're Muslim.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

15. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I have already said there is on both sides.

But Americans see a difference between white supremacists hating blacks and jews, and leftists hating white supremacists. Trump was wrong that there were "many" on the white supremacist side not espousing hate, and that's where he tripped up.

This was a softball, and he should have hit it out of the park. He doesn't like condemning racists & xenophobes. And the media is right - if this had been a Muslim group, the condemnation would be fast & furious, and there wouldn't be a "many sides."
    Did you watch the 8 minute clip of Trump denouncing racists, racism, David Duke, and the Klan, ad nauseum? Trump would never denounce them enough to suit you and the Trump deranged.

And it's a lie, that Trump needs racists to win again. It's straight up, a lie. He doesn't need to kowtow to racists.

It's a lie.

16. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You and "the media."

OMG Gen. Kelly's posture said it all. I predict he won't stick it out for much longer.

― Charles Dickens

17. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Did you watch the 8 minute clip of Trump denouncing racists, racism, David Duke, and the Klan, ad nauseum? Trump would never denounce them enough to suit you and the Trump deranged.

And it's a lie, that Trump needs racists to win again. It's straight up, a lie. He doesn't need to kowtow to racists.

It's a lie.
    If only he had let his comment stand on David Duke, the Klan etc. But the previous criticism so irritated his thin skin that he had to undo it with the Tuesday conference. He's his own worst enemy.

― Charles Dickens