Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boycott?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 37 Times in 35 Posts

Default Boycott?

No more GM vehicles, no more Campbells or JJ products. Furthermore, I switched my search engine too. Google isn't that great

http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/15/news...eos/index.html

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,037 Times in 14,531 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
    No more GM vehicles, no more Campbells or JJ products. Furthermore, I switched my search engine too. Google isn't that great

http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/15/news...eos/index.html
    Anyone who eats canned soup, or drives an American made car (trucks not included)has more to worry about than boycotts.

You do realize that you are late to the party? Every CEO was set to back out of trump's silly little commissions, so he disbanded them.

Might as well boycott everything, and grow your own food, and walk to work.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Althea For This Post:

blackascoal (08-19-2017), signalmankenneth (08-17-2017)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Anyone who eats canned soup, or drives an American made car (trucks not included)has more to worry about than boycotts.
    That is a matter of opinion. JJ and Campbell offer a variety of products, and I find American made products more appealing than foreign jobs any day. So what is it to you?

You do realize that you are late to the party? Every CEO was set to back out of trump's silly little commissions, so he disbanded them.
    The "silly commissions" were a fine attempt. One would think they would have seen it as a privilege and an honor to be included in the discussions. No? What is wrong with that now? Is it wrong because Trump started it?

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That is a matter of opinion. JJ and Campbell offer a variety of products, and I find American made products more appealing than foreign jobs any day. So what is it to you?

The "silly commissions" were a fine attempt. One would think they would have seen it as a privilege and an honor to be included in the discussions. No? What is wrong with that now? Is it wrong because Trump started it?
    Listen. You aren't up to date on a number of the issues of the day. You really ought to read up on what these CEOs say about these photo ops masquerading as commissions.

None have even had ONE MEETING.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Althea For This Post:

christiefan915 (08-17-2017), Cypress (08-18-2017), Phantasmal (08-17-2017)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Listen. You aren't up to date on a number of the issues of the day. You really ought to read up on what these CEOs say about these photo ops masquerading as commissions.

None have even had ONE MEETING.
    Listen, that doesn't mean it wasn't a great idea. They should try again with more willing participants. Why not give it a try instead of keeping on the same old lame path? Criticizing just about everything is something most of us are good at, coming up with positive solutions not so much.
    Wasn't it last time I checked that CEOs were overpaid evil villains? Lets believe everything they say now, just for the sake of hypocrisy, shall we?
    When was the last time a potus made such an attempt? No, I am not talking about inviting Sharpton and Beyonce to the WH.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Listen, that doesn't mean it wasn't a great idea. They should try again with more willing participants. Why not give it a try instead of keeping on the same old lame path? Criticizing just about everything is something most of us are good at, coming up with positive solutions not so much.
    Wasn't it last time I checked that CEOs were overpaid evil villains? Lets believe everything they say now, just for the sake of hypocrisy, shall we?
    When was the last time a potus made such an attempt? No, I am not talking about inviting Sharpton and Beyonce to the WH.
    LMAO!

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,435 Times in 2,073 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 172 Times in 170 Posts

no when i give businesses my $ i am their customer so they have a motive to listen to my concerns

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You are equating trump's myriad 'reality t.v.' type methods of publicity garnering gimmicks with actual real life attempts to create change.

Of course many, not all, CEOs are exactly as you claim. That's why trump brought them in for a photo op. What exactly could possibly go on in a meeting of the CEOs present? "We need to destroy unions, cut all EPA regulations, and reduce corporate taxes"

All in favor?

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Althea For This Post:

blackascoal (08-19-2017), Cypress (08-18-2017), Phantasmal (08-17-2017)

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

are we supposed to care if some CEO doesn't want to participate in helping shape a greater America?........does anyone think it can't be done without them?......

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

Many, maybe most, car buyers in America should wear caps, make Japan great again, or make Germany great again, or make Korea great again. Our cars are GM, made by union workers and made in America. Top rated too. The idea you screw your fellow Americans and yourself because you elected an idiot is kinda stupid in all directions.

http://www.american.edu/kogod/autoindex/

Buy American - support all Americans, including yourself.

Sorry, I'm not Japanese, I buy American.

Our children, our grandchildren, ourselves require we support each other, buy American.

Didn't know you were Korean!

When the Japanese support my wife, kids, and I, I'll support them, until then I'll buy American.

Quality! our Buick is number one.

If you buy Japanese [?] please don't complain about our economy or jobs.

Buy American and Thumbs up!

Why not "Made in America" bumper stickers.

Americans need to support the industrial base of this nation or they will make it a third world country.
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

14. The Following User Says Thank You to midcan5 For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (08-17-2017)

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    Many, maybe most, car buyers in America should wear caps, make Japan great again, or make Germany great again, or make Korea great again. Our cars are GM, made by union workers and made in America. Top rated too. The idea you screw your fellow Americans and yourself because you elected an idiot is kinda stupid in all directions.

http://www.american.edu/kogod/autoindex/

Buy American - support all Americans, including yourself.

Sorry, I'm not Japanese, I buy American.

Our children, our grandchildren, ourselves require we support each other, buy American.

Didn't know you were Korean!

When the Japanese support my wife, kids, and I, I'll support them, until then I'll buy American.

Quality! our Buick is number one.

If you buy Japanese [?] please don't complain about our economy or jobs.

Buy American and Thumbs up!

Why not "Made in America" bumper stickers.

Americans need to support the industrial base of this nation or they will make it a third world country.
    My VW is made in America. My Dodge truck was made in Mexico.

Go figure.

That's before we discuss the quality issues.

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Sharpton and Beyonce bad, Ted Nugent and Kid Rock good, I suppose.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

17. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

blackascoal (08-19-2017)

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Since you ask, YES.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post

Reason for invitation is very important.

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Reason for invitation is very important.
    Palin brought them as her plus 2. And a disgusting, motor-mouthed bigot like Nugent got to spend four hours there, making fun of Hillary's portrait among other things. This is what trump considers appropriate enough to extend an invitation.

"... Nugent has a history of stoking controversy with inflammatory remarks often condemned as racist, sexist or just generally out of line. Notably, he has made comments interpreted as threatening Obama. In addition to describing the first black U.S. president at one point as a “gangster” and a “subhuman mongrel,” he said in 2012: “If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will be either be dead or in jail by this time next year.”

As for Clinton, Nugent has called her a “worthless b----.”

“Obama, he's a piece of s---,” Nugent said at a concert in 2007. “I told him to suck on my machine gun. Hey Hillary, you might want to ride one of these into the sunset, you worthless b----.”

Last year, Nugent also called for both Obama and Clinton to be “tried for treason and hung” because of their handling of the terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya."

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...h-palin-237402

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens