Thread: 34 percent approval

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,755 Times in 27,230 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,587 Times in 18,176 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Literal Vampire Potbelly Goblin View Post
    fake news. outlier poll. gallup was wrong as fuck in 2016. their methods are likely suspect.
    I wish you could understand how asslicky you sound

2. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

blackascoal (08-18-2017)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,311 Times in 10,502 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Literal Vampire Potbelly Goblin View Post
    fake news. outlier poll. gallup was wrong as fuck in 2016. their methods are likely suspect.
    Fake President

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheDonald View Post
    And Hillary Clinton has a 98 percent chance of winning..........So the polls say
    Well she did win - the vote, which is what polls judge.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iolo For This Post:

blackascoal (08-18-2017), evince (08-18-2017)

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump approval rating: So low it has to go up? Don't bet on it.

Trump hasn't hit 50% to date. He could be the first president in the history of polling to never earn the support of a majority of Americans.

Though decline is the norm, it is not universal. In terms of public approval, there are two categories of recent presidents: “sliders” and “risers.”

The sliders (by far the larger group) achieve their highest approval rating on arrival in the White House or sometime during their first year in office. Then they fall. That pattern describes Kennedy, Harry Truman, Lyndon Johnson, Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, George W. Bush and Barack Obama.*

Four of our recent leaders — Eisenhower, Reagan, George H.W. Bush and Clinton — are risers who earned their highest approval number sometime after their first year in office.*

Trump, thus far, is highly unusual because he has never had a Gallup job approval number above 50%. He began his administration with approval in the high 40s and has since slipped into the mid-30s. If he continues to be a slider, he will be the first president in the history of national polling to never earn the support of a majority of Americans — a remarkable distinction.*

Will the Trump presidency see better economic numbers, an overseas crisis that does not become a controversial conflict, or favorable resolution of current investigations? Perhaps. But a more likely prediction is that Trump, like most presidents, will experience a decline from his initial approval numbers.*

That would raise*an awkward question: how low can Trump go when his current job approval is weaker than any we have ever seen six months into a new administration?*

How do you move downstairs when you already live in the basement?
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...umn/547134001/
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

christiefan915 (08-18-2017), Phantasmal (08-18-2017)

8. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,245 Times in 2,336 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    The Nation's Chief Nazi-Sympathizer's Approval has Dropped to 34 percent.
    This is all very interesting, but do you think this will translate into votes for you guys? Do you think I'm gonna vote democrat if I don't like Trump? Hell, I held my nose and voted for McCain for Pete's sake! I look at these polls like, "wow, 34% of the people who hate him and didn't vote for him approve of his job performance!"
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,680 Times in 27,325 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by callinectes View Post
    This is all very interesting, but do you think this will translate into votes for you guys? Do you think I'm gonna vote democrat if I don't like Trump? Hell, I held my nose and voted for McCain for Pete's sake! I look at these polls like, "wow, 34% of the people who hate him and didn't vote for him approve of his job performance!"
    What a strange response.
    No, I actually have never, ever even considered how you would vote, or how posting polls might influence your vote. Your vote never crossed my mind, and I'm not even sure I was really even aware of you as a poster.

What the polls show me, as BAC articulated, is that we have a historically unpopular president, who in his first seven months has never had majority approval, is widely hated by the American people, and by most people internationally amongst our allies and friends. It is unprecedented really.

And why are his poll numbers so low for a president in his first seven months? Because most people in the world, outside the 34 percent dead enders in America, know that the Electoral College (not the American people) elected a grossly unqualified, abjectly incompetent, arrogant, incurious, flaccid, pussy grabbing, obnoxious, Nazi sympathizing, undisciplined and unfocused old man who is apparently suffering from dementia.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

christiefan915 (08-18-2017), domer76 (08-18-2017), Phantasmal (08-18-2017)

13. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,311 Times in 10,502 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Oops, there it is. The newest member of the Forum
    Illiterates Club.

Congrats,

14. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Sorry .. none of this is about you. You can vote for, not vote for, or do whatever you want to do. Nobody cares about that but you.

This is about the nation, not you.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    What a strange response.
    No, I actually have never, ever even considered how you would vote, or how posting polls might influence your vote. Your vote never crossed my mind, and I'm not even sure I was really even aware of you as a poster.

What the polls show me, as BAC articulated, is that we have a historically unpopular president, who in his first seven months has never had majority approval, is widely hated by the American people, and by most people internationally amongst our allies and friends. It is unprecedented really.

And why are his poll numbers so low for a president in his first seven months? Because most people in the world, outside the 34 percent dead enders in America, know that the Electoral College (not the American people) elected a grossly unqualified, abjectly incompetent, arrogant, incurious, flaccid, pussy grabbing, obnoxious, Nazi sympathizing, undisciplined and unfocused old man who is apparently suffering from dementia.
    I do not feel comfortable speaking for an entire group of people on an internet forum, so please excuse me if my knee-jerk reaction is to say "I" when I want to say "we". That being said, I think I can safely say, "Do you think WE'RE gonna vote democrat if WE don't like Trump? Hell, WE held OUR noses and voted for McCain for Pete's sake!"
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

― mao tse-tung

16. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    Sorry .. none of this is about you. You can vote for, not vote for, or do whatever you want to do. Nobody cares about that but you.

This is about the nation, not you.
    See post #26. You obviously feel comfortable with speaking for the entire nation. How is that working for you? Never been just a tiny bit wrong? Not even in 2016? And make no mistake, this may not be about ME, but these polls ARE about elections and how electable a candidate is. At least they used to be. Now they're just a tool used by the left to discourage conservatives.
    ― Mao Tse-tung

― mao tse-tung

17. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

See post #26. You obviously feel comfortable with speaking for the entire nation. How is that working for you? Never been just a tiny bit wrong? Not even in 2016? And make no mistake, this may not be about ME, but these polls ARE about elections and how electable a candidate is. At least they used to be. Now they're just a tool used by the left to discourage conservatives.
    Polls speak for an entire groups. Not sure what you're missing about that.

Polls aren't perfect, but have been the benchmark for Americans elections for decades .. and in the case of 2016, Clinton did win the most voters as predicted.

Sorry, this ain't (eb) about you.

18. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,680 Times in 27,325 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Default Cratering.....One Way to Describe Drumpf's Sinking Support

-- Trump's Support Slips to 73 Percent Among Republican Voters --

Trump’s Charlottesville Response Sinks His Support Among Republicans

A new poll shows President Donald Trump’s response to the violence at a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Viriginia, isn’t playing well among Republican voters, according to a new Politico/Morning Consult poll.

http://www.newsweek.com/trumps-charl...blicans-653934