Members banned from this thread: RockX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad Week

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 7 Times in 6 Posts

Default Bad Week

2 deaths in the family, one was my cousin, only 48, healthy, vibrant, she died of breast cancer, and left her 7 year old kid and husband. She lived the healthiest lifestyle of anyone I've ever known, and had access to the best medical care, and her own body killed her.

The other was my aunt, who died of colon cancer. Same deal. My pop's sister. She was awesome and she couldn't fight it off. My dad's devastated, as are the rest of us, but she was his sister, and he's old. I worry that it will cause him ill.

And I found out that my uncle has terminal cancer as well.

This world can be cold.

What matters besides health? Does anything else really matter?

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default elbeefy..............

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    2 deaths in the family, one was my cousin, only 48, healthy, vibrant, she died of breast cancer, and left her 7 year old kid and husband. She lived the healthiest lifestyle of anyone I've ever known, and had access to the best medical care, and her own body killed her.

The other was my aunt, who died of colon cancer. Same deal. My pop's sister. She was awesome and she couldn't fight it off. My dad's devastated, as are the rest of us, but she was his sister, and he's old. I worry that it will cause him ill.

This world can be cold.

all I can say is life is a bitch...then ya marry one...no one promised us a rose garden...just remember the good things about them ...then move on...if ya are a believer all will be well...if not only remorse will follow!

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 7 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Battleborne View Post
    all I can say is life is a bitch...then ya marry one...no one promised us a rose garden...just remember the good things about them ...then move on...if ya are a believer all will be well...if not only remorse will follow!
    Yeah. Thanks for that.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 71 Times in 64 Posts
    Blog Entries

This world can be cold.

My condolences to you and your family. That certainly was an 'awful week.' I hope there is comfort for you dad, your cousin's husband and daughter.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,285 Times in 27,093 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

This sucks beefy. My condolences.

There's no telling who cancer is going to take. It's like the most insidious disease I can imagine. It cut my brother down, in the prime of his life, and he was a total health freak. Marathon bike racer, organic foods, and all that. It's weird. Cancer is about the worst way to go unfortunately, so the only thing of comfort I can think of, is that at least your relatives' suffering is over. As for the spouses, I hope they seek grief counseling if they need it. Losing a loving spouse in the prime of life, is one of the cruelest fate's imaginable. My sister-in-law was completely devastated, and hasn't ever recovered completely, I don't think. She actually turned to alcohol unfortunately; and chronic depression is a possibility for surviving spouses. So, keep an eye on the surviving in-laws and support them.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

How horrible Beefy.

Im so sorry you and your family have so much pain to endure this year.

Life is health and its pretty hard to be happy and move on without your health.

Make sure you take care of yourself ,eat well, sleep well and remember we all arround here care about you and want the best for your life.

If they had not taken as good of care of themselfs they may have gone earlier. They would want you and all the family to still try to treat your body right.

Again so sorry to hear of your pain. Life is so precious.
    Last edited by evince; 01-27-2008 at 11:53 AM.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

This world can be cold.

I'm very sorry.

If you have your health, everything else matters. If you don't have it, nothing else does, so it really depends I guess.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Battleborne View Post
    You have absolutely NO redeeming qualities as a human being.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

i think battle was trying. cut him some slack

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Default Darla.............

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    You have absolutely NO redeeming qualities as a human being.

You have not a clue what I have gone thru in my life...what I said to beefy was man talk...I tried to cheer him up rather than depress him farther...you are so busy sticking your nose into what everyone else says on this board that you fail to see anything redeeming in anyone who does not cater to your political thinking...stuff it Ms.false outrage!

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Default You stuff it also desh................!

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    can you chill that bullshit and start you own fight thread BB

I addressed beefy's thread...darla stuck her big nose in just like you are doing!
    You and darla should take your own advice...'chill out' quit starting the fights!Ms.false outrage!

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

It can only get better, dude, keep on keepin' on.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

This world can be cold.

Helath and family and friends are the most important things in life. Many think money and status is tops uintil it is too late.

Support to ya dude, hang in there.
    Bush doubled the debt from 5 trillion to 10 trillion.
    Proving tax cuts work!

Bush asked for and signed for the TARP money.
    The Republican senate leader backed Bush on this.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It really is a heart wrenching disease. As a kid I spent time in the kids cancer ward in Farmington Ct. I lost a lot of friends I made there over a couple years.

My condolences to your loses.
    Q: Senator Obama, would you take the same pledge? No tax increases on people under $250,000?

OBAMA: I not only have pledged not to raise their taxes, I've been the first candidate in this race to specifically say I would cut their taxes.