Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: September 23, 2017

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 114 Posts

do not be disheartened if the cataclysms are spiritual and unseen. everything is right on schedule. it is a wise man which discerns the times and seasons. the day of atonement is in this current season. no man knows the day nor the hour because man has ruined all calendars. no one actually knows exactly what time it is. it is the season...
    Even so, Come, Lord Jesus
    I do not participate in delusion count me out

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,284 Times in 27,093 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Default Sadly, I'm on the Highway to Hell

Last edited by Cypress; 09-03-2017 at 11:57 PM.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Suggestions that the Great American Eclipse is a sign of God's judgment on the United States continue to emerge, with one pastor saying it means Christians should be repenting, given when it falls on the Jewish calendar.

Mark Blitz, pastor of El Shaddai Ministries in Bonney Lake, Washington, noted that solar eclipses are often seen in the Jewish world as a sign of God's judgment on the Gentiles. As CP reported last week, Anne Graham Lotz, daughter of world renowned evangelist Billy Graham, said something very similar in a blog post. Conversely, the nation of Israel operates by a lunar calendar, and lunar eclipses represent coming judgment for them.

"And the fascinating thing for me is, God is not interested in the heathen to repent as much as he wants the Church to repent. Judgment always begins with the House of God," he said.

The Great American Eclipse is a "warning" that Christians need to take the lead and repent, Blitz continued.

This particular transcontinental solar eclipse will occur on Monday and happens to fall (on the biblical calendar) on the first day of the Jewish month of Elul, which is known as the "month of repentance," Blitz explained.

"It was on Elul 1 that Jonah left for 40 days to tell Nineveh to repent. It was Elul 1 that Moses went up to Mount Sinai after the sin of the golden calf to make atonement while Israel was repenting for that. It was on Elul 1 that Jesus went into the wilderness for 40 days, coming back out on Yom Kippur," Blitz said.

"To have this solar eclipse happening at this time," he added, has "huge" significance.

He went on to say that he believes the Aug. 21 eclipse signifies that the American Church has 40 days to repent.

Just as Abraham interceded for Sodom and Gomorrah for the few righteous people that might be there, Blitz said he wondered how many righteous would be needed to spare the United States.

In addition to the biblical examples Blitz cited, the history of the 20th century bears out the principle, he explained.

"People don't realize this but World War I started in August of 1914 and there was a total solar eclipse over Eastern Europe and the Ottoman Empire."

The path of that particular eclipse even went over Nineveh where the prophet Jonah went and the Ottoman Empire was destroyed, he said.

God was "preparing the ground" for Jonah's arrival in Nineveh with this eclipse, Blitz asserted. And cuneiform tablets from that era show that a major plague in the land occurred three years before Jonah came. A civil war followed shortly after that plague, and yet another plague occurred after that.

One month before Jonah came on June 15, 763 B.C., a solar eclipse occurred over Nineveh, which is now famously known as the "Assyrian eclipse" or the "Bur-Sagale eclipse."

The Ninevites were ready to repent in light of all of this, Blitz said. And because they did repent they did not receive judgment, "it didn't' happen for a while," he added.

"Just like I never set dates for anything, but what I do say is, 'Look at the events that happen on God's calendar so you can know if it's God who is speaking or not. And then hopefully we repent and judgment is stayed.'"

"But I believe judgment, because it is falling on Elul 1 — and this is the first time a solar eclipse has ever gone over the entire United States and nowhere else in over 100 years."

Interestingly, the 1914 total solar eclipse that occurred just after World War I began and crossed over the entirety of the continent of Europe, Nineveh, and farther into Asia also occurred on Aug. 21.

Blitz is the author of God's Day Timer: The Believer's Guide to Divine Appointments.

With all the false teachers, false evangelists, false doctrine out there which has crept into the Church teaching that additional works performed by our weak, sinful flesh...it is past time for true repentance. Are we harboring any unforgiveness toward anyone? Holding any grudges? We may have only 40 days brothers and sisters...let's use the time wisely. Let's pray as David prayed...............

1Be gracious to me, O God, according to Your lovingkindness;
    According to the greatness of Your compassion blot out my transgressions.
    2Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity
    And cleanse me from my sin.

3For I know my transgressions,
    And my sin is ever before me.

4Against You, You only, I have sinned
    And done what is evil in Your sight,
    So that You are justified when You speak
    And blameless when You judge.

5Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity,
    And in sin my mother conceived me.

6Behold, You desire truth in the innermost being,
    And in the hidden part You will make me know wisdom.

7Purify me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;
    Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

8Make me to hear joy and gladness,
    Let the bones which You have broken rejoice.

9Hide Your face from my sins
    And blot out all my iniquities.

10Create in me a clean heart, O God,
    And renew a steadfast spirit within me.

11Do not cast me away from Your presence
    And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.

12Restore to me the joy of Your salvation
    And sustain me with a willing spirit.

13Then I will teach transgressors Your ways,
    And sinners will be converted to You.

14Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, the God of my salvation;
    Then my tongue will joyfully sing of Your righteousness.

15O Lord, open my lips,
    That my mouth may declare Your praise.

16For You do not delight in sacrifice, otherwise I would give it;
    You are not pleased with burnt offering.

17The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit;
    A broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise.

Psalm 51:1-17

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
    2 Chronicles 7:14

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
    1 John 1:8

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."
    John 14:6

Salvation exists in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.
    Acts 4:12
    logically, "darkness" literally over a land is indeed a foretelling of "darkness over a land". I was amazed at the way the heathen [many professing Christians] treated the event as some fantastic event to load the suv with the entire family and put them in harm's way to drive hundreds of miles so they could be in the thickness of darkness; "running to darkness". at a time when the people of this land should be in deep mourning for the abominations in the land, they run to the darkness and hoot and holler, shout and cheer as fools when darkness covers them. it is like great delusion.
    Even so, Come, Lord Jesus
    I do not participate in delusion count me out

4. The Following User Says Thank You to iewitness For This Post:

Stretch (09-04-2017)

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    I'm not a fan of Revelation, and am surprised it was ever accepted into the Bible canon. It's the only book in the NT not written by an Apostle or early follower of Christ. I often wonder if people at Nicaea just wanted a book of prophesy in the NT. Much of the obsessive sort of cults and heresies of modern Christianity seem to revolve around that book, exclusively.
    It was written by John.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The Apostle John is the author of the Book of Revelation. He wrote it when he was about 92 years old, while a prisoner of Rome on the remote desert penal colony of Patmos, an island in the Aegean Sea. Patmos was a quarry mine for the Roman Empire, and was home to many political and religious prisoners or slaves.

Who is this John? Revelation 1:5 gives us a hint when the author says, "To Him who loves us and released us from our sins by His blood . . ." This is a very personal statement and is very similar to the opening verses of 1 John 1-9. In 1 John 1:1 the apostle John speaks about touching the Lord with his hands and seeing Him. It is important to recall that he was the disciple whom Jesus loved (John 13:23; 20:2; 21:7, 20). Consequently when the author speaks of Jesus as the One who loves us, it is a clue that this is the apostle John. No other author in the New Testament has the warmth of John.

Since the early church fathers had already concluded that 1) the Apostle John was the author of Revelation, 2) the book of Revelation was written near the end of Domitian’s reign, and 3) that the book was written while John was on the Island of Patmos, we can conclude that Augustine of Hippo (A.D. 354 – 430) had no influence on the authorship, dating, or John’s location while writing the book. It is important to note that Augustine lived hundreds of years after these conclusions had already been reached. We can also conclude that John was imprisoned on the Island of Patmos. That is the testimony of both the internal and external evidence
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, we've had darkness on the land, 2 hurricanes, wildfires.....the next attention-getter from God may just be earthquakes.

When disasters happen, the real point is that they could happen to any of us at any time. It is only because God is love that one heartbeat follows another. He gives life and love to all. Every day, billions of people wake up to fresh air, warm sunshine, delicious food, and comfortable homes—because God is love, and He showers His blessings on the earth. We have no individual claim on life, however, as though we had created ourselves. We must acknowledge that we live in a world that is subject to death from a variety of sources. We need to remember, as Jesus said, that unless we repent we shall all likewise perish. Calamities serve to remind us of the fact that apart from the salvation that Jesus offers, there is no hope for the human race. We can expect more and more destruction as we come closer to the time of His return to earth. "Now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed" Romans 13:11

The calamities and catastrophes that engulf our world serve as reminders that this world of sin, pain, hate, fear, and tragedy will not last forever. Jesus has promised that He will return to Earth to save us from our world that is falling to pieces. God has promised to make everything new again and that sin will never rise up again. Nahum 1:9

God will live with His people, and there will be an end to death, crying, and pain. "And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, ‘Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away" Revelation 21:3-4
    pain in abortion.

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well that was quick.................

Just got up and flipped on the computer. First news I see is:
    At least 32 die after massive quake off southern Mexico
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...t5R&ocid=ientp

And:
    Our sun just unleashed its strongest solar flare in a decade
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/wonde...Akt?ocid=ientp
    pain in abortion.

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Temple Destruction Foretold
    (Matthew 24:1-4; Mark 13:1-9)

Luke 21: 5-37

5As some of the disciples were remarking how the temple was adorned with beautiful stones and consecrated gifts, Jesus said, 6“As for what you see here, the time will come when not one stone will be left on another; every one will be toppled.”

7“Teacher,” they asked, “when will these things happen? And what will be the sign that they are about to take place?”

8Jesus answered, “See to it that you are not deceived. For many will come in My name, claiming, ‘I am He,’ and, ‘The time is near.’ Do not follow them. 9When you hear of wars and rebellions, do not be alarmed. These things must happen first, but the end is not imminent.”

Witnessing to All Nations
    (Matthew 24:9-14; Mark 13:10-13)

10Then He told them, “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. 11There will be great earthquakes, famines, and pestilences in various places, along with fearful sights and great signs from heaven.

12But before all this, they will seize you and persecute you. On account of My name, they will deliver you to the synagogues and prisons, and they will bring you before kings and governors. 13This will be your opportunity to serve as witnesses. 14So make up your mind not to worry beforehand how to defend yourselves. 15For I will give you speech and wisdom that none of your adversaries will be able to resist or contradict.

16You will be betrayed even by parents and brothers and relatives and friends, and some of you will be put to death. 17And you will be hated by everyone because of My name. 18Yet not even a hair of your head will perish. 19By your patient endurance, you will gain your souls.

The Destruction of Jerusalem
    (Matthew 24:15-25; Mark 13:14-23)

20But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, you will know that her desolation is near. 21Then let those in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the city get out, and let those in the country stay out of the city. 22For these are the days of vengeance, to fulfill all that is written.

23How miserable those days will be for pregnant and nursing mothers. For there will be great distress upon the land and wrath against this people. 24They will fall by the edge of the sword and be led captive into all the nations. And Jerusalem will be trodden down by the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

The Return of the Son of Man
    (Matthew 24:26-31; Mark 13:24-27)

25There will be signs in the sun and moon and stars, and on the earth dismay among the nations, bewildered by the roaring of the sea and the surging of the waves. 26Men will faint from fear and anxiety over what is coming upon the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28When these things begin to happen, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

The Lesson of the Fig Tree
    (Matthew 24:32-35; Mark 13:28-31)

29Then Jesus told them a parable: “Look at the fig tree and all the trees. 30When they sprout leaves, you can see for yourselves and know that summer is near. 31So also, when you see these things taking place, you will know that the kingdom of God is near. 32Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have happened. 33Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away.

Be Watchful for the Day

34But watch yourselves, or your hearts will be weighed down by dissipation, drunkenness, and the worries of life—and that day will spring upon you suddenly like a snare. 35For it will come upon all who dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36So keep watch at all times, and pray that you may have the strength to escape all that is about to happen and to stand before the Son of Man.”

37Every day Jesus taught at the temple, but every evening He went out to spend the night on the Mount of Olives. 38And early in the morning all the people would come to hear Him at the temple.
    pain in abortion.

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

As we get even deeper into the last days, a lot more things like this are going to happen.
    As the darkness gets darker, the light is going to shine even brighter.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
    John 3:16

All day long I have held out My hands to a disobedient and obstinate people.
    Romans 10:21

If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with your heart you believe and are justified, and with your mouth you confess and are saved.
    Roman 10:9-10
    pain in abortion.

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

it's about time.......I'm tired of these asshole whiney lib'ruls.......

14. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

interesting.....September 23 is Shabbat Shuvah under the Jewish calendar......Shabbat Shuvah literally means Sabbath of Return.....

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Stretch (09-21-2017)

16. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,173 Times in 10,391 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    A couple months ago I promised Irish I would post something regarding this date in greater detail here in this particular forum.

For all my brothers and sisters here with understanding, there is an astronomical (not astrological) event coming on Sept.23 which will only occur once in man's history. There were partial events of this sign given by God to Abraham and then again to the Wise Men at Christ's birth.
    A few guidelines:
    The "woman" is Israel.
    The "dragon" is Satan.
    The desert is most likely Sinai.
    Jupiter is also known as the King star representing Christ.
    The stars surrounding Leo comprise the crown above Virgo.
    Jupiter finally exits the quadrant of Virgo's womb the day after Rosh Hashanah this year.

Two quick things about signs:
    1) Genesis 1:14 And God said, "Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years,"

2)Matthew 24:34-36 "Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have happened. Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away. No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

For prophetic purposes though, we can't get much closer to Christ's return to gather His own prior to the Great Tribulation upon the earth (the Rapture of the Church). For any unbelievers reading this post, we are not talking about the end of the world.

Scriptures to follow along with for this video:

Revelation 12:1-6

The Woman, Israel

1A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars; 2and she was with child; and she cried out, being in labor and in pain to give birth.

The Red Dragon, Satan

3Then another sign appeared in heaven: and behold, a great red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads were seven diadems. 4And his tail swept away a third of the stars of heaven and threw them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she gave birth he might devour her child.

The Male Child, Christ

5And she gave birth to a son, a male child, who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron; and her child was caught up to God and to His throne. 6Then the woman fled into the wilderness where she had a place prepared by God, so that there she would be nourished for one thousand two hundred and sixty days.

AND

Revelation 12:13-14
    13And when the dragon saw that he was thrown down to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male child. 14But the two wings of the great eagle were given to the woman, so that she could fly into the desert to her place, where she was nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.

Another thing to keep in mind. We have an eclipse coming in a week. If you look at sites like NOAA, they show exactly what you would see through a telescope. And, it shows how the additional 3 stars (Venus, Mars & Mercury) are now in view to create the perfect 12 star crown needed for 33 days from then. Scientifically and prophetically things are lining up right on schedule. We really do have an AWESOME God!

Revelation 22:20: He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Hilarious!

17. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    I'm not a fan of Revelation, and am surprised it was ever accepted into the Bible canon. It's the only book in the NT not written by an Apostle or early follower of Christ. I often wonder if people at Nicaea just wanted a book of prophesy in the NT. Much of the obsessive sort of cults and heresies of modern Christianity seem to revolve around that book, exclusively.
    Well, then don't read Revelation. Go study (not just read) the four Gospels and Thessalonians and the entire Old Testament, especially Daniel and Joel. It's everything you see in Revelation with a perfect timeline.
    pain in abortion.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Minister of Truth (09-09-2017)