Thread: September 23, 2017

1. #196 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,543 Times in 14,028 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    That's why they so ardently support Israel, eh? Jews are integral to the coming mumble derp some kinda Jesus stuff.
    oh they love Jews, their cartoonish version of Jews
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

2. The Following User Groans At Guno צְבִי For This Awful Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (07-27-2020)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-27-2020)

4. #197 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Sorry, you are not a theological expert.

The scripture was written by many humans over a period of many decades. Much of the scripture is metaphorical, nebulous, sometimes inconsistent and contradictory. It is not possible to cherry pick quotes. Trained theologians spends lifetimes studying the bible comprehensively and in context.

The most compelling case against a pretribubulation rapture is that no Christian believed in it for the first 1,800 years of Christianity. This half baked eschatology only was invented in America by fundamentalists 150 years ago.
    Well, thank-you for your opinion. Peace.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

5. #198 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

You might be stating your opinion.

To be honest, I am not stating my opinion. I am humble enough to admit I am stating the accepted Christian theology of virtually all mainstream Christian denominations on the planet: a fair and informed reading of the scripture does not support the 19th century American fundamentalist theory of pretribubulation rapture. And these mainline denominations feel it is preposterous to think airline pilots are going to disappear from the cockpit.

I am simply citing the theological experts and religious scholars , because I believe expertise matters.

The fact is, neither you or I have actually ever read the New Testament. Not as it was actually written. The NT was written in Greek. You are reading English translations which were in turn translated from Latin which were in turn translated from Greek. You are not actually reading the original words and intent of the NT authors - you are reading a pale attempt at duplication. It is not possible to translate languages. It is only possible to interpret meanings. That is the way languages work. An English translation of Dostoyevsky is only a pale version of the intent and meaning in the original Russian

That is why it takes theological experts who typically understand ancient Greek and Latin to digest and clarify the intent of the scripture.
    It's only natural for you not to understand. Peace.

"And this is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom, but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words. The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned."
    1 Cor 2:13-14
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (07-27-2020)

7. #199 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,406 Times in 2,917 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 325 Times in 306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    It's only natural for you not to understand. Peace.

"And this is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom, but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words. The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned."
    1 Cor 2:13-14
    Cypress IS an idiot.

8. #200 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,600 Times in 51,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Oh look, I wonder whose house this is?

These folks?

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-29-2020)

10. #201 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,503 Times in 52,729 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    These folks?

LMAO
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

11. #202 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

LMAO
    The husbands can only hope, amirite?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-29-2020)

13. #203 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Another excellent presentation regarding this date is found here. I highly recommend it. This missionary Pastor explains this in very succinct, simple and clear language. Watch it to the end with a calcualtor if you must, but the math is truly obvious and simple. This guy's got the numbers and WOW, do they ever add up!!!!
    God commanded the Jews to celebrate a Jubilee year every 50 years.
    Balfour Declaration 1917 +50
    Israel regains territory 1967 +50
    2017 Time for possible Rapture???

I am truly sorry that I almost forgot about this. Thanks to my steadfast correspondents for bringing me this morning's Best Laugh Ever!

And hey, how about that Trump win in 2020!
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

christiefan915 (12-21-2020), Cypress (12-21-2020), Doc Dutch (12-21-2020), Guno צְבִי (12-21-2020)

15. #204 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,090 Times in 25,663 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

I am truly sorry that I almost forgot about this. Thanks to my steadfast correspondents for bringing me this morning's Best Laugh Ever!

And hey, how about that Trump win in 2020!
    It raises the question, why didn't any of these prognosticators like the Reverend foresee Biden's win? Seems like it would be easier to predict than the Rapture.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Doc Dutch (12-22-2020), Guno צְבִי (12-21-2020), ThatOwlWoman (12-21-2020)

17. #205 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The Earth is not 6,000 years old, humans did not walk the planet with dinosaurs, and I guarantee you with 200 percent certainty you will not be raptured on September 23.

I will try to remember to bump this thread on September 24 to remind you how wrong you were and how foolish it is to put weight on the opinions of frauds, shams, and quacks.
    Agreed. Not then, not ever...unless someone considers the Earth being struck by a big rock to be "the Rapture" where people are vaporized and blown into the Heavens.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Cypress (12-21-2020), Guno צְבִי (12-21-2020), ThatOwlWoman (12-21-2020)

19. #206 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    It raises the question, why didn't any of these prognosticators like the Reverend foresee Biden's win? Seems like it would be easier to predict than the Rapture.
    Well, that's because Biden DIDN'T win, see how that works?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Doc Dutch (12-21-2020)

21. #207 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,543 Times in 14,028 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

A couple months ago I promised Irish I would post something regarding this date in greater detail here in this particular forum.

For all my brothers and sisters here with understanding, there is an astronomical (not astrological) event coming on Sept.23 which will only occur once in man's history. There were partial events of this sign given by God to Abraham and then again to the Wise Men at Christ's birth.
    A few guidelines:
    The "woman" is Israel.
    The "dragon" is Satan.
    The desert is most likely Sinai.
    Jupiter is also known as the King star representing Christ.
    The stars surrounding Leo comprise the crown above Virgo.
    Jupiter finally exits the quadrant of Virgo's womb the day after Rosh Hashanah this year.

Two quick things about signs:
    1) Genesis 1:14 And God said, "Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years,"

2)Matthew 24:34-36 "Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have happened. Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away. No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

For prophetic purposes though, we can't get much closer to Christ's return to gather His own prior to the Great Tribulation upon the earth (the Rapture of the Church). For any unbelievers reading this post, we are not talking about the end of the world.

Scriptures to follow along with for this video:

Revelation 12:1-6

The Woman, Israel

1A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars; 2and she was with child; and she cried out, being in labor and in pain to give birth.

The Red Dragon, Satan

3Then another sign appeared in heaven: and behold, a great red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads were seven diadems. 4And his tail swept away a third of the stars of heaven and threw them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she gave birth he might devour her child.

The Male Child, Christ

5And she gave birth to a son, a male child, who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron; and her child was caught up to God and to His throne. 6Then the woman fled into the wilderness where she had a place prepared by God, so that there she would be nourished for one thousand two hundred and sixty days.

AND

Revelation 12:13-14
    13And when the dragon saw that he was thrown down to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male child. 14But the two wings of the great eagle were given to the woman, so that she could fly into the desert to her place, where she was nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.

Another thing to keep in mind. We have an eclipse coming in a week. If you look at sites like NOAA, they show exactly what you would see through a telescope. And, it shows how the additional 3 stars (Venus, Mars & Mercury) are now in view to create the perfect 12 star crown needed for 33 days from then. Scientifically and prophetically things are lining up right on schedule. We really do have an AWESOME God!

Revelation 22:20: He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

such a crazy fundamentalist xtain

Fundamentalist Christians Village Idiots
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (12-21-2020)

23. #208 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    such a crazy fundamentalist xtain
    Fundamentalist Christians Village Idiots
    Sister Stench REALLY hates it when this thread is resurrected. Understandable. No one likes to have their stupidity and fake authority mocked, over and over and over.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (12-21-2020)

25. #209 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,281 Times in 27,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Agreed. Not then, not ever...unless someone considers the Earth being struck by a big rock to be "the Rapture" where people are vaporized and blown into the Heavens.
    Rapture prediction is fertile terrain for grifters.

Furthermore, the rapture is not even theologically sound. Rapture is a relatively modern invention of fundamentalist Protestantism -- it was not accepted theology for the first 1,800 years of Christianity. I know the rapture is not Orthodox Christian theology, and I do not think the Catholic Church accepts it either. Rapture is pretty much the currency only of Protestant fundamentalist sects.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

christiefan915 (12-22-2020), Doc Dutch (12-21-2020), Guno צְבִי (12-21-2020), Phantasmal (12-22-2020), ThatOwlWoman (12-21-2020)

27. #210 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Rapture prediction is fertile terrain for grifters.

Furthermore, the rapture is not even theologically sound. Rapture is a relatively modern invention of fundamentalist Protestantism -- it was not accepted theology for the first 1,800 years of Christianity. I know the rapture is not Orthodox Christian theology, and I do not think the Catholic Church accepts it either. Rapture is pretty much the currency only of Protestant fundamentalist sects.
    The whole Trinity thing was a later fabrication too. Stories and beliefs evolve over time.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Cypress (12-21-2020), Guno צְבִי (12-21-2020)