Thread: Why would one hate something they don't Believe In?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 4 Times in 4 Posts

Default Why would one hate something they don't Believe In?

On many posts I see here the arguments against God's existence consist, of if there was a God why this and that? always pointing out the negative things in life, lacing the idea with a trace of hatred.

Is it possible to hate something or the concept of something if you don't believe in it
    You can't bring the truth in a wheelbarrow of lies

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Always For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (08-11-2017)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Always View Post
    On many posts I see here the arguments against God's existence consist, of if there was a God why this and that? always pointing out the negative things in life, lacing the idea with a trace of hatred.

Is it possible to hate something or the concept of something if you don't believe in it
    you made quite the jump in one sentence. wondering why there are bad things in the world doesn't translate to hating a fictional entity.

god is not real. when you die you rot in the ground. that's it. this is all we got.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Literal Vampire Potbelly Goblin View Post
    you made quite the jump in one sentence. wondering why there are bad things in the world doesn't translate to hating a fictional entity.

god is not real. when you die you rot in the ground. that's it. this is all we got.
    Naw, I don't see how one cannot have anymore hope for their existence than that naturally, there is a reason behind it. There is a God in your life, be it materialism, science whatever, but you worship something

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Naw, I don't see how one cannot have anymore hope for their existence than that naturally, there is a reason behind it. There is a God in your life, be it materialism, science whatever, but you worship something
    that's moronic. When you've gotten to the point where god can be defined as anything, the concept has lost all meaning. So sure, pizza can be my "god." so what?

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Literal Vampire Potbelly Goblin View Post
    that's moronic. When you've gotten to the point where god can be defined as anything, the concept has lost all meaning. So sure, pizza can be my "god." so what?
    Actually is a proven fact that for one to exist on a daily basis, there has to be a drive or simply put a reason for living, I live this temporary life because of the promise that God has given me of an everlasting life in paradise.

So what can pizza do for you? I know you were being facetious, however there is something that you put above everything, it may even be yourself.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 881 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 36 Times in 36 Posts

I don't hate God or the concept of God, I hate that religion has historically been a unifying force for evil.

People need to focus more on the message of Jesus -- which is a good message -- rather than using him as a shield for their own vile nature.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    I don't hate God or the concept of God, I hate that religion has historically been a unifying force for evil.

People need to focus more on the message of Jesus -- which is a good message -- rather than using him as a shield for their own vile nature.
    Okay Amadeus, that is a excellent comment and point! however it is not religion that is the cause of that force, religion has been abused and used by those who want to lift themselves (pride) look at those who called themselves incorrectly the evangelicals, no Christian evangelist that is led of the Holy Spirit would be speaking as these we see publicly. In fact they are an embarrassment to those of us who do follow the teachings of Christ and an hindrance to the work we do.

Yes, the message of Jesus is the focus, He was God in flesh on earth, and through Him is the only way we get to God, (love)

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 881 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 36 Times in 36 Posts

Okay Amadeus, that is a excellent comment and point! however it is not religion that is the cause of that force, religion has been abused and used by those who want to lift themselves (pride) look at those who called themselves incorrectly the evangelicals, no Christian evangelist that is led of the Holy Spirit would be speaking as these we see publicly. In fact they are an embarrassment to those of us who do follow the teachings of Christ and an hindrance to the work we do.

Yes, the message of Jesus is the focus, He was God in flesh on earth, and through Him is the only way we get to God, (love)
    I have nothing against religion. In fact, I study religions of all sorts, and even though I'm an atheist, I find value in them from a variety of perspectives (artistically, historically, morally, culturally). I also respect the concept of Jesus. Whether or not he was a historical figure, or a divine figure, he stood for the reforming of what was then a corrupt religious system. Very much similar (almost identical) to Siddhartha Gautama, the man who would become the Buddha.

I personally think Christianity should open itself up to atheists, and become more of a moral philosophy than a religion. But that's not my call.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post

I personally think Christianity should open itself up to atheists, and become more of a moral philosophy than a religion. But that's not my call.
    Know that Christianity has always been open to everyone, Romans 10:13 states whomsoever shall call on the Name of Lord shall be saved.

I do not believe that true Atheists exist, that mindset and heart goes against everything we are, in ones abyss they will look upward. Holiness is not a denomination but a lifestyle