Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maxine Waters calls Dershowitz "racist Trump fan"

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Default Maxine Waters calls Dershowitz "racist Trump fan"

Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz had some strong words for Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA), who accused him of being a racist.

"Being black doesn't give you a license to call people racist any more than being Jewish gives you a license to call people anti-Semitic," the lifelong Democrat told host Abby Huntsman.

Last week, Special Counsel Robert Mueller impaneled a grand jury for the investigation into the Trump campaign's relationship with Russia.

Dershowitz noted that moving the grand jury from Virginia to District of Columbia was good for those who oppose the president.

"[Washington] has an ethnic and racial composition that would be somewhat less favorable to Donald Trump," Derhsowtiz said.

Congresswoman Waters attacked Dershowitz over his statement, calling it "absolutely racist."

"We will not stand for it," she said on MSNBC.

"Race matters," Dershowitz pushed back. "She ought to be ashamed of herself."

"Any experienced lawyer understands that both prosecutors and defense attorneys look at factors like ethnicity, race, political affiliation when they decide what venue is best for their case," he stated.

"Race and ethnicity is part of everyone's life experience, and Maxine Waters more than anyone ought to know that," he concluded.
    http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/08/0...-people-racist

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

August 5, 2017 9:41 am

Rep. Maxine Waters (D., Calif.) on Friday accused Harvard Law School professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz of being "racist" for saying that the Trump administration will be facing an "unfavorable" locality for a grand jury because it is "solidly Democratic" and has a "ethnic and racial composition" not favorable to Trump.

Dershowitz, who has donated thousands of dollars to Democrats, told WABC radio host Rita Cosby on Friday that the new D.C. grand jury orchestrated by Special Counsel Robert Mueller is unfair to Trump.

"It gives the prosecutor a tremendous tactical advantage… the case now can be brought not in Northern Virginia, which is a swing area, sometimes Democrat, sometimes Republican… but the District of Columbia, which is always solidly Democratic and has an ethnic and racial composition that might be very unfavorable to the Trump Administration," Dershowitz said.

Cosby asked Dershowitz whether he thought the geographic move will be a disadvantage for the president. He responded, "Yes, I do."

MSNBC host Chris Hayes played some of the audio from the interview during his show and asked Waters whether the comments were "unfair."

"Oh it's absolutely unfair," Waters said. "What he is saying is ‘all of those black people are there and they don't like Trump and so he's not going to get a fair trial and so they should take it out of that jurisdiction. It shouldn't be there to begin with.' I don't like that, and I'm surprised that Alan Dershowitz is talking like that."

"We will not stand for it. We will push back against that because that is absolutely racist,"
    she said.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,626 Times in 27,290 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

"It gives the prosecutor a tremendous tactical advantage… the case now can be brought not in Northern Virginia, which is a swing area, sometimes Democrat, sometimes Republican… but the District of Columbia, which is always solidly Democratic and has an ethnic and racial composition that might be very unfavorable to the Trump Administration," Dershowitz said.
    Outside of cable TV news, in the real world, most people I know are able to make reasoned judgements on the basis of the evidence they see. Independent of naked partisan politics. To assume blacks are unable to act as reasoned adults is racist. I agree with Maxine Waters. This is along the same lines of when Republicans say blacks only vote Democratic to "get free stuff". That basic premise here is that "blacks can't be trusted" to do the right thing.

Oh it's absolutely unfair," Waters said. "What he is saying is ‘all of those black people are there and they don't like Trump and so he's not going to get a fair trial and so they should take it out of that jurisdiction. It shouldn't be there to begin with.' I don't like that, and I'm surprised that Alan Dershowitz is talking like that."

"We will not stand for it. We will push back against that because that is absolutely racist," she said.
    I think she is justified in saying this. I have to also presume you and Fox News are providing the full context of the interview, and not taking the snippets that are most tittilating to dim witted Trumptards.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

christiefan915 (08-07-2017), Phantasmal (08-07-2017), Rune (08-07-2017)

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Outside of cable TV news, in the real world, most people I know are able to make reasoned judgements on the basis of the evidence they see. Independent of naked partisan politics. To assume blacks are unable to act as reasoned adults is racist. I agree with Maxine Waters. This is along the same lines of when Republicans say blacks only vote Democratic to "get free stuff". That basic premise here is that "blacks can't be trusted" to do the right thing.

I think she is justified in saying this. I have to also presume you and Fox News are providing the full context of the interview, and not taking the snippets that are most tittilating to dim witted Trumptards.
    I gave you the link.

"Any experienced lawyer understands that both prosecutors and defense attorneys look at factors like ethnicity, race, political affiliation when they decide what venue is best for their case,"
    ^obvious. DC is far different then Virginia or southern Maryland.
    Empanelling a jury there as opposed to the others might not change the outcome, but ensures the outcome.

It's not racist to point out that prosecutorial decision.

The rest of your screed "assume blacks are unable to act as reasoned adults" is too stupid for me to even reply to.

6. The Following User Groans At anatta For This Awful Post:

Rune (08-07-2017)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (08-08-2017)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,626 Times in 27,290 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

"Screed"? For real?

You're a white guy who is all too ready to dismiss the justifiable concerns of people of color.

Instead of lecturing people of color what they should think, once in a while try listening.

Self-introspection is a strength, not a weakness.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-08-2017), Rune (08-07-2017)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Just about everything to do with this madness is 'unfavorable to Trump' lol.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 80 Times in 78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz had some strong words for Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA), who accused him of being a racist.

"Being black doesn't give you a license to call people racist any more than being Jewish gives you a license to call people anti-Semitic," the lifelong Democrat told host Abby Huntsman.

Last week, Special Counsel Robert Mueller impaneled a grand jury for the investigation into the Trump campaign's relationship with Russia.

Dershowitz noted that moving the grand jury from Virginia to District of Columbia was good for those who oppose the president.

"[Washington] has an ethnic and racial composition that would be somewhat less favorable to Donald Trump," Derhsowtiz said.

Congresswoman Waters attacked Dershowitz over his statement, calling it "absolutely racist."

"We will not stand for it," she said on MSNBC.

"Any experienced lawyer understands that both prosecutors and defense attorneys look at factors like ethnicity, race, political affiliation when they decide what venue is best for their case," he stated.

"Race and ethnicity is part of everyone's life experience, and Maxine Waters more than anyone ought to know that," he concluded.
    http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/08/0...-people-racist
    Well I guess Waters does not like Jews either....................

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,966 Times in 32,281 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Maxine makes even Cypress look smart......

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Sailor (08-08-2017)

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,000 Times in 8,027 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    You make this guy look smart....

https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    Lets not overdo it now

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,966 Times in 32,281 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheDonald View Post
    Lets not overdo it now
    I tried to keep it low key....after all, I didn't say she made Nomad look smart......

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 881 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 36 Times in 36 Posts

Derowshitz is a piece of shit. The guy supports Netanyahu, the most corrupt PM in Israeli history, and supports the perpetual occupation of the Palestinians. He's also an accused pedophile. While a settlement was reached in that case, I'm suspicious of his friendly relationship with known pedophile Epstein (beyond being his lawyer). Epstein is also linked to Trump (Epstein and Trump were accused of raping a teen together). In fact, Trump, Epstein, and Dershowitz have a VERY incestuous relationship. Something fishy.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...ficking-237983
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amadeus For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-08-2017), Rune (08-07-2017)

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Derowshitz is a piece of shit. The guy supports Netanyahu, the most corrupt PM in Israeli history, and supports the perpetual occupation of the Palestinians. He's also an accused pedophile. While a settlement was reached in that case, I'm suspicious of his friendly relationship with known pedophile Epstein (beyond being his lawyer). Epstein is also linked to Trump (Epstein and Trump were accused of raping a teen together). In fact, Trump, Epstein, and Dershowitz have a VERY incestuous relationship. Something fishy.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...ficking-237983
    Have you always been a racist anti Semitic ignoramus?????????????????

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 881 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 36 Times in 36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheDonald View Post
    Have you always been a racist anti Semitic ignoramus?????????????????
    Where does antisemitism come into play with what I said?
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post

so you've never complained about an all white jury in a race based case?

gotta call bullshit on that one

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.