Members banned from this thread: evince, christiefan915, ZappasGuitar, Phantasmal and WinterBorn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Pro Football Hall of Fame

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

How about a permanent ban on including any knee benders........

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Русский  (10-10-2017)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    How about a permanent ban on including any knee benders........
    Like Tim Tebow?
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,435 Times in 2,073 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 172 Times in 170 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Like Tim Tebow?
    You only like kneelers who do it to disrespect America, Trump, white people, and the police?

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Like Tim Tebow?
    What's disrespectful about WHY Tebow does it?

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    What's disrespectful about WHY Tebow does it?
    I didn't say it was. What's disrespectful about protesting cops killing people?

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You mean like when pro football players protested the shooting of Michael Brown by coming out with their hands up despite forensic experts proving Brown didn't have his hands up when he was shot?

What's disrespectful is a pubic haired, 2nd rate quarterback pushing a false premise.

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Well, it's rather silly when the guys, they are shooting at are violent criminals, such as Michael Brown. If people want fewer shootings of drug dealers, gangsters, and so forth, then they need to work at cleaning up poor communities (urban, rural, and the lovely section eight neighborhoods in the suburbs).

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You mean like when pro football players protested the shooting of Michael Brown by coming out with their hands up despite forensic experts proving Brown didn't have his hands up when he was shot?

What's disrespectful is a pubic haired, 2nd rate quarterback pushing a false premise.
    Well that’s your point of view. Isn’t naive to believe everyone should feel as you do? I mean that’s the problem with politicizing the whole protest thing. If instead of politicizing their opposition to the protest if everyone’s response to Kapernick had been to go “meh it’s a free country.” And ignored him it would have died with Kapernicks career. No one would be talking about and the protests would be dead.

But by politicizing it it has grown into a big divisive political football and the protests have gotten far more attention and airtime then it would have then if people would have ignored Kapernick and thus have unwittingly promoted his agenda far more than Kapernick could have done by himself by far. So by politicizing the protest it has played into the hands of the protests.

For me personally I don’t give a rats ass on either side of the issue cause I want to watch a ball game and not argue politics. If i wanted to argue politics I’d log onto JPP. Personally I wish both sides would shut the hell up and let me enjoy the game.

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    Well, it's rather silly when the guys, they are shooting at are violent criminals, such as Michael Brown. If people want fewer shootings of drug dealers, gangsters, and so forth, then they need to work at cleaning up poor communities (urban, rural, and the lovely section eight neighborhoods in the suburbs).
    Except their not all Michael Browns.

What about Keith Lemont? Philando Castile? Sam DuBose? Walter Scott? Etc,. None of them were violent criminals, drug dealers or gang bangers or had committed a criminal act worthy of being shot. In fact of the most publicized incidents only Brown, who wasn’t exactly a violent criminal either, stands out for his criminal activity. So why single out blacks? Ever been to the hillbilly part of town? As violent and crime ridden as any poor black neighborhood.

11. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What about Keith Lemont? Philando Castile? Sam DuBose? Walter Scott? Etc,. None of them were violent criminals, drug dealers or gang bangers or had committed a criminal act worthy of being shot. In fact of the most publicized incidents only Brown, who wasn’t exactly a violent criminal either, stands out for his criminal activity. So why single out blacks? Ever been to the hillbilly part of town? As violent and crime ridden as any poor black neighborhood.
    I also think that if Bubba and Billy-Bob get shot, it will not make the national news.

12. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    I also think that if Bubba and Billy-Bob get shot, it will not make the national news.
    It would if they were killed under the same circumstances.

13. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well that’s your point of view. Isn’t naive to believe everyone should feel as you do? I mean that’s the problem with politicizing the whole protest thing. If instead of politicizing their opposition to the protest if everyone’s response to Kapernick had been to go “meh it’s a free country.” And ignored him it would have died with Kapernicks career. No one would be talking about and the protests would be dead.

But by politicizing it it has grown into a big divisive political football and the protests have gotten far more attention and airtime then it would have then if people would have ignored Kapernick and thus have unwittingly promoted his agenda far more than Kapernick could have done by himself by far. So by politicizing the protest it has played into the hands of the protests.

For me personally I don’t give a rats ass on either side of the issue cause I want to watch a ball game and not argue politics. If i wanted to argue politics I’d log onto JPP. Personally I wish both sides would shut the hell up and let me enjoy the game.
    He didn't have an agenda. He's the typical pubic hair head whiny black.

14. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

He didn't have an agenda. He's the typical pubic hair head whiny black.
    Well at least he’s not a trailer trash redneck. Can’t get any lower than that...unless you’re Irish.

15. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"Their"?

Keith Lemont wasn't unarmed. However, as usual, the police just go after black people agitators automatically came up with an excuse for this situation. I believe it was claims that the gun was planted and it wasn't Lemont's.

Philando Castile also wasn't unarmed. The officer in question, not a white guy, was acquitted.

Sam Dubose. Apparently two juries couldn't convict the officer in question, Ray Tensing.

Interesting you didn't mention any white people that were shot by police officers, many of which were unarmed.

16. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It would if they were killed under the same circumstances.
    Well, if you get shot under dubious circumstances in a rural town, people will generally associate it with small-town corruption. If you get shot in an urban district, people will associate it with police violence. Due to that narrative, I still feel that Bubba and Billy-Bob would get overlooked by the national media.