Thread: Data proves Planned Parenthood lies

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Default Data proves Planned Parenthood lies

Planned Parenthood’s 35% Share of Abortion Market Dwarfs Leaders in Other Industries
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...itbart+News%29

Their own financial data proves they are nothing but an abortion mill

They do not need government money. They are making money and profitable.

End their feee ride.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

Breitbart? I wonder how many women work at Breitbart? Steve Bannon is now a government teat sucker and his web site still a place of ignorance and biased nonsense. It always strikes me as hypocritical that the very people who live off government want to manage who else is helped by our government. Maybe women scare Bannon types as three divorces must say something about the man?

As for Planned parenthood, they do more good for America than Breitbart or Bannon will ever do. When the hypocrites who act like they care about unborn children support living children let me know for their policies certainly do nothing for America. The healthcare comedy should remind everyone of just how useless these people are.

As for PP if you are seriously interested read below. The PDF contains the real stats.

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/ab.../annual-report

'Some services it provided in addition to abortions were:'

4.5 million tests and treatment for sexually transmitted infections
    3.6 million contraception related services
    935,573 cancer screenings including breast exams and Pap tests
    1.1 million pregnancy tests and prenatal services

Source: http://www.factcheck.org/2015/09/pla...oods-services/

And

'In 2014, Planned Parenthood saw:'

2 milion reversible contraception patients
    941,589 emergency contraception kits
    3,445 vasectomies
    718 female sterilization procedures

Pregnancy tests: 1.1 million tests done in 2014

Prenatal care: provided to 17,419 people in 2014

Sexually transmitted disease screening and treatment

Planned Parenthood says this accounts for 42% of the services provided. (The GAO calculates 41% in 2012 by affiliates.)

4.2 million tests and treatments provided in 2014

This represents the largest proportion of medical services provided.

Pap smears (cervical cancer screening): 270,000 per year
    Breast exams: 360,000 per year

Research: Planned Parenthood said in its 2013-14 annual report that it participated in more than 70 research projects.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/04/health...ers/index.html

"In my opinion, the battles over birth control and Planned Parenthood are primarily neither political nor religious. This is an issue of equality for women. This is an issue of women's rights: Planned Parenthood is the most important private provider of reproductive health care for women in the United States." Karen DeCrow

"From 2002-2008, Planned Parenthood received $342 million in federal taxpayer money through Title X funding alone. With these funds, Planned Parenthood has provided women throughout the U.S. with important family planning and contraceptive services as well as screening for breast and cervical cancers for low-income women." Lisa Murkowski
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

3. The Following User Says Thank You to midcan5 For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-05-2017)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    Breitbart? I wonder how many women work at Breitbart? Steve Bannon is now a government teat sucker and his web site still a place of ignorance and biased nonsense. It always strikes me as hypocritical that the very people who live off government want to manage who else is helped by our government. Maybe women scare Bannon types as three divorces must say something about the man?

As for Planned parenthood, they do more good for America than Breitbart or Bannon will ever do. When the hypocrites who act like they care about unborn children support living children let me know for their policies certainly do nothing for America. The healthcare comedy should remind everyone of just how useless these people are.

As for PP if you are seriously interested read below. The PDF contains the real stats.

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/ab.../annual-report

'Some services it provided in addition to abortions were:'

4.5 million tests and treatment for sexually transmitted infections
    3.6 million contraception related services
    935,573 cancer screenings including breast exams and Pap tests
    1.1 million pregnancy tests and prenatal services

Source: http://www.factcheck.org/2015/09/pla...oods-services/

And

'In 2014, Planned Parenthood saw:'

2 milion reversible contraception patients
    941,589 emergency contraception kits
    3,445 vasectomies
    718 female sterilization procedures

Pregnancy tests: 1.1 million tests done in 2014

Prenatal care: provided to 17,419 people in 2014

Sexually transmitted disease screening and treatment

Planned Parenthood says this accounts for 42% of the services provided. (The GAO calculates 41% in 2012 by affiliates.)

4.2 million tests and treatments provided in 2014

This represents the largest proportion of medical services provided.

Pap smears (cervical cancer screening): 270,000 per year
    Breast exams: 360,000 per year

Research: Planned Parenthood said in its 2013-14 annual report that it participated in more than 70 research projects.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/04/health...ers/index.html

"In my opinion, the battles over birth control and Planned Parenthood are primarily neither political nor religious. This is an issue of equality for women. This is an issue of women's rights: Planned Parenthood is the most important private provider of reproductive health care for women in the United States." Karen DeCrow

"From 2002-2008, Planned Parenthood received $342 million in federal taxpayer money through Title X funding alone. With these funds, Planned Parenthood has provided women throughout the U.S. with important family planning and contraceptive services as well as screening for breast and cervical cancers for low-income women." Lisa Murkowski
    35% market share on killing unborn babies

Other businesses would love that kind of market share.

End their subsidy

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Liberaland View Post
    35% market share on killing unborn babies

Other businesses would love that kind of market share.

End their subsidy
    Prove your statistical point from a reliable source. Breitbart is crap, plain and simple and even posting anything from their site must be prefixed with the acknowledgment that 'the following information is wrong and often hateful baloney'.

https://www.quora.com/How-does-Breit...-a-news-source

"If you wish the sympathy of the broad masses, you must tell them the crudest and most stupid things." Adolf Hitler
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Prove your statistical point from a reliable source. Breitbart is crap, plain and simple and even posting anything from their site must be prefixed with the acknowledgment that 'the following information is wrong and often hateful baloney'.

https://www.quora.com/How-does-Breit...-a-news-source

"If you wish the sympathy of the broad masses, you must tell them the crudest and most stupid things." Adolf Hitler
    Facts are stubborn things. Just b cause you don't like the source doesn't make it less true.

End their government handout.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Facts are stubborn things. Just b cause you don't like the source doesn't make it less true.

End their government handout.
    Still no facts? Well here are some for the reader who wants truth as opposed to Breitbart BS lies.

"However, abortions are actually not a big part of what Planned Parenthood says it does — 3 percent of the services it provided last year were abortion-related, according to the organization's annual report. (For a sense of the scope of that, abortions accounted for about 328,000 of the group's nearly 10.6 million services provided last year.)"

http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpo...vernment-money

If people who opposed abortion supported living children with their policies I'd take them a bit seriously but they do not. Abortion is the hypocrite's moral crutch it makes them feel good but they do nothing for children.

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Still no facts? Well here are some for the reader who wants truth as opposed to Breitbart BS lies.

"However, abortions are actually not a big part of what Planned Parenthood says it does — 3 percent of the services it provided last year were abortion-related, according to the organization's annual report. (For a sense of the scope of that, abortions accounted for about 328,000 of the group's nearly 10.6 million services provided last year.)"

http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpo...vernment-money

If people who opposed abortion supported living children with their policies I'd take them a bit seriously but they do not. Abortion is the hypocrite's moral crutch it makes them feel good but they do nothing for children.

You are allowing yourself to be misled by Planned Parenthood, or you are helping them to mislead. Look at where the overwhelming source of their REVENUE comes from and you will see what drives Planned Parenthood.

Let's use pretend numbers for the sake of illustration.

Let's say they do 1 million pregnancy tests (not exactly life saving healthcare when it can be bought at the CVS) and they are $5 a piece. That is $5 million in revenue

But, let's say they do 50,000 abortions at $500 a piece? That is $25 million in revenue

One could argue that abortion is only 4.7% of the SERVICES they provide, but it is also 96% of their revenue stream.

This is the sleight of hand you and Planned Parenthood are trying to perpetrate. Unfortunately for you and Planned Parenthood, some of us know how to read a financial statement. Planned Parenthood's revenue overwhelmingly comes from killing babies. They have a 35% market share in the baby killing business.

These are facts. Crying about Breitbart doesn't change those facts.

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

bump

It appears I lost midcan

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You are allowing yourself to be misled by Planned Parenthood, or you are helping them to mislead. Look at where the overwhelming source of their REVENUE comes from and you will see what drives Planned Parenthood.

Let's use pretend numbers for the sake of illustration.

Let's say they do 1 million pregnancy tests (not exactly life saving healthcare when it can be bought at the CVS) and they are $5 a piece. That is $5 million in revenue

But, let's say they do 50,000 abortions at $500 a piece? That is $25 million in revenue

One could argue that abortion is only 4.7% of the SERVICES they provide, but it is also 96% of their revenue stream.

This is the sleight of hand you and Planned Parenthood are trying to perpetrate. Unfortunately for you and Planned Parenthood, some of us know how to read a financial statement. Planned Parenthood's revenue overwhelmingly comes from killing babies. They have a 35% market share in the baby killing business.

These are facts. Crying about Breitbart doesn't change those facts.
    I need your sources, we can say anything, doesn't make it so. "Fees for services are based on your household income and may be free....If you are uninsured but don't qualify for free services through Title X, you may be eligible for a reduced fee based on your income. You will not be turned away because of your inability to pay."

But if the customer is paying and/or the insurer than there is no government pay out. It is only the needy who are assisted and that seems fair and just in our society. The positive outweighs the negatives and the good they do for women and men in helping to prevent abortion with contraceptives is another positive. I find it hard to comprehend why Breitbart and other right wing sites find PP a problem. There must be reasons but I don't think they are ever out in the open or open about them.

"I'll put an end to the idea that a woman's body belongs to her... Nazi ideals demand that the practice of abortion shall be exterminated with a strong hand." Adolf Hitler