Thread: Will lefties euthanize their pets?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Default Will lefties euthanize their pets?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ping-pets.html

According to the latest from the revered global warming scientists, owning pets is equivalent to having 13 million cars on the planet.

You pet owners are driving us to global peril

Who will be the first lefty to sacrifice Fido in the name of saving Mother Erf?

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

I saw this thought it was the onion at first but it appears to not be humor. Guess animals scare them.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

LOL Long ago I read a quote that 'people who love animals haven't lowered their pride enough to love humans'. I cannot find the source but I believe it was a French writer. Anyway, we grew up scruffy as there were too many of us and one of our aunts loved her animals while she looked at us as ragamuffins. That must have influenced the way I and other family view animal lovers. I'd never have a pet, and many so called liberals I know don't either. Many of our republican friends, many well to do, have pets and spend a fortune on them. I find pets fill a void for people even married people. I find that odd as the idea of needing an animal is alien to me but I know people more liberal who have comfort dogs who visit the sick. - enough rambling gotta drop.

Later edit: Funny how things in America find themselves located in categories that can then be easily used to praise or derogate another. But surely many others things can be managed without taking the lonely person's only friend in life.

"I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." Winston Churchill
    Last edited by midcan5; 08-04-2017 at 01:33 PM.
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I had a opportunity to check with all my liberal pet owners and no, no plans to euthanasia, but they say thanks for asking and being concerned.
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    I had a opportunity to check with all my liberal pet owners and no, no plans to euthanasia, but they say thanks for asking and being concerned.
    So they really don't care about saving the planet. Good to know

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,793 Times in 32,156 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Liberaland View Post
    So they really don't care about saving the planet. Good to know
    they weren't getting rid of their cars either....

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

is this stupid shit from the same group that said cow farts were destroying the ozone layer??????
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,799 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 171 Times in 164 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    The question is not whether or not human carbon emissions are changing the climate. The question now is what do we do about it.
    Well, now we have the answer.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by aloysious View Post
    Yes, we do. But anyone alive must realize if they are open to reality that climate is changing and has been for some time.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...ppress-it.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...8ed_story.html

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,793 Times in 32,156 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yes, we do. But anyone alive must realize if they are open to reality that climate is changing and has been for some time.
    true....back and forth for over 450,000 years now.....

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,799 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 171 Times in 164 Posts

Yes, we do.
    A prime example of why Alarmists are not taken seriously. I was obviously being facetious about euthanizing our pets as a 'solution' to getting colder weather and one of the most serious posters on the board agrees.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

A prime example of why Alarmists are not taken seriously. I was obviously being facetious about euthanizing our pets as a 'solution' to getting colder weather and one of the most serious posters on the board agrees.
    I don't think people concerned with climate change are being alarmists? Change is obvious if you live or visit near the oceans and bays of America. Climate change is a scientific fact, like other complex issues such as smoking or asbestos or water pollution and even air pollution. Look at the air quality in large cities. Polluters and others push Agnotology as doubt is an effective tool when issues are made political rather than practical. I doubt most climate change deniers drink lead water, smoke, or fill their homes with asbestos, but I bet you could find people arguing about these issues still. People oppose knowledge for reasons that often seem absurd to someone studying the phenomenon. Why some people even believe in germs, I ain't ever seen one have you?

'Merchants of Doubt: How a Handful of Scientists Obscured the Truth on Issues from Tobacco Smoke to Global Warming' Naomi Oreskes, Erik M. M. Conway

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...om_search=true

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...om_search=true

"What don't we know, and why don't we know it? What keeps ignorance alive, or allows it to be used as a political instrument? Agnotology—the study of ignorance—provides a new theoretical perspective to broaden traditional questions about "how we know" to ask: Why don't we know what we don't know?"

'Agnotology: The Making and Unmaking of Ignorance' by Robert Proctor, Londa Schiebinger

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans