Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    nope facts

you just dont believe in those facts

its your failure not the facts failure
    Show me those documented and testable facts of Science that you "say" exists. I'll be waiting.....forever, because those facts do not exist.

As far as Christianity being a "blind faith"? All Christian faith comes from the WORD OF GOD because the word of God is truth and we are admonished to be sanctified in that truth. John 17:17. The scriptures enlighten everyone just how faith is constructed and its not blind, its constructed upon placing the word of God to the test. -- Rom. 10:17. "Test them all...." -- 1 Thess. 5:21.

The only "blind faith" I see is your faith in science...which you refuse to demonstrate through the testable and repeatable process of the Scientific Method. You just nod like someone that has been subjected to indoctrination....that's why I call you the "BOBBLE HEAD".

Over 90% of the Bible is testable by Science and History actual....the only things not testable are the Miraculous acts of God as preformed by men through the work of the Holy Spirit of God, and I believe those SUPERNATURAL acts (as there is no natural method to place a supernatural event TO THE TEST....unless you have a super-natural-o-meter in your pocket)....why do I believe them?

Because the 90% that can be tested has never been proven to be in error in any type of objective manner...thus, why doubt the "sworn testimony" of those who witnessed the events personally? Prison is filled with those who were convicted upon the prima facie evidence (beyond a reason of doubt by any sane person) of eye-witness testimony.

"And truly Jesus preformed many other signs (miracles) in the presence of His disciples which are not written in this book; but these are written that you might believe (faith.....cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God) that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and believing you might have life in His name." -- John 20:30-31.

Clearly Jesus did not believe in or accept EVOLUTION as a fact. "Have you not read that He who made them in the beginning (God)...made them male and female?" -- Matthew 19:4

While the Apostle Peter makes it clear that the scriptures were recorded by the hand picked Apostles of Christ for the very reason of maintaining a method of BUILDING FAITH for future generations. "......Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle (body....death), even as our Lord Jesus has shewed me (Jesus physically died on the cross). Moreover I will endeavor that ye may be able after my death to have these things (records of his personal testimonies to the miraculous) in my remembrance. FOR WE HAVE NOT FOLLOWED CUNNINGLY DEVISED FABLES, WHEN WE MADE KNOWN TO YOU THE POWER AND THE COMING OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST.....BUT WE WERE EYEWITNESSES OF HIS MAJESTY." -- 2 Peter 1: 14-16

That's exactly why the Bible Exists....to build faith...but not BLIND FAITH. My faith is anything but blind. Just prove through the scientific method anything found in scripture to be untrue. No theories that do not possess the objective testable, repeatable facts to be known as a FACT of science...but facts. Again no theories or assumptions like the assumption of Carbon dating which assumes the universe and the earth to include the rate of decay in certain radio active elements (physical matter) has remained constant for billions of years....but know that the radio active elements they use to date things of antiquity can be and are corrupted by many variables...such as WATER LEECHING. There is no scientific method to CALIBRATE radio carbon dating past that of RECORDED HISTORY...again, recorded eyewitness testimony of those who lived before us and observed those things that need calibrated. That's why Science requires OBSERVATION for FACTS OF SCIENCE.

Its not like actual SCIENCE and archaeology has proven that every point of land mass on earth as been under water at some point in their histories....as sea life fossils have been found atop the highest peaks on earth and everywhere else to include the greatest desert land mass on earth (larger than the United States) the Sahara Desert...where entire whale remains are found.

I hope you do well with your BLIND FAITH...but as for I and my household, we shall serve the Lord and bend a knee always in prayer and ask, "What would you have me do my LORD." My number one duty as a Christian is to defend MY FAITH and provide an answer...to anyone that asks just why that faith and HOPE exists in my heart. -- 1 Peter 3:15
    Last edited by Ralph; 08-01-2017 at 09:36 PM.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 4 Times in 4 Posts

Amen my brother well said

but as for I and my household, we shall serve the Lord and bend a knee always in prayer and ask, "What would you have me do my LORD." My number one duty as a Christian is to defend MY FAITH and provide an answer...to anyone that asks just why that faith and HOPE exists in my heart. -- 1 Peter 3:15
    You can't bring the truth in a wheelbarrow of lies

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,312 Times in 10,503 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Always View Post
    There is also no proof that there is not a God; personally being a person of faith, I feel that it takes a great leap of faith to believe that we all of sudden just bang into existence.
    Who has ever said that humans just banged into existence? Oh, that's right. The Bible does.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Amen my brother well said

but as for I and my household, we shall serve the Lord and bend a knee always in prayer and ask, "What would you have me do my LORD." My number one duty as a Christian is to defend MY FAITH and provide an answer...to anyone that asks just why that faith and HOPE exists in my heart. -- 1 Peter 3:15
    "The Bible is the word of God"
    "How can you be sure it's the word of God?"
    "Because the Bible tells us so"
    "Why believe the Bible?
    "The Bible is infallible"
    "How do you know it's infallible?"...

(Return to top)

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 970 Times in 889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    there is no proof of any gods or monsters
    There is no proof that you're not totally insane.
    Free speech is cool as long as it jibes with our program.

-- The Left

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    "The Bible is the word of God"
    "How can you be sure it's the word of God?"
    "Because the Bible tells us so"
    "Why believe the Bible?
    "The Bible is infallible"
    "How do you know it's infallible?"...

(Return to top)
    I believe by Faith

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I believe by Faith
    That's great. I prefer science. But for you to criticize the concept of "banging" into existence, when that's exactly what your book proposes with humans, is a bit on the hypocritical side.

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That's great. I prefer science. But for you to criticize the concept of "banging" into existence, when that's exactly what your book proposes with humans, is a bit on the hypocritical side.
    Unless you have my perception, "banging" to me is all of sudden it's there by NO divine intervention, no don't believe that, I believe that there was divine influence.

If I walk out doors and find a quarter, bang, another in perfect line with the last, someone may have a hole in their pocket?, a third one, same as the last, but if their is a trail of quarters all the way back to MY house, someone purposely did that.

Now the planets are perfectly aligned, the Sun at a perfect distance from earth to provide heat and light, gravity, a moon for night light, the waters of Earth held back, the rotation of the Earth, Nawwwwwwwwww, not Science, God, and who proves ironically Science

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Unless you have my perception, "banging" to me is all of sudden it's there by NO divine intervention, no don't believe that, I believe that there was divine influence.

If I walk out doors and find a quarter, bang, another in perfect line with the last, someone may have a hole in their pocket?, a third one, same as the last, but if their is a trail of quarters all the way back to MY house, someone purposely did that.

Now the planets are perfectly aligned, the Sun at a perfect distance from earth to provide heat and light, gravity, a moon for night light, the waters of Earth held back, the rotation of the Earth, Nawwwwwwwwww, not Science, God, and who proves ironically Science
    lol

Ah, the old Terracentric thing. The earth is the center of the universe. No other planet in the billions of trillions of planets in the universe has conditions suitable to support life.

You're not going to spring the creation of the eye thing on us, are you?

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

lol

Ah, the old Terracentric thing. The earth is the center of the universe. No other planet in the billions of trillions of planets in the universe has conditions suitable to support life.

You're not going to spring the creation of the eye thing on us, are you?
    No the " Spoken into Existence" thingy

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Always For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (08-10-2017)

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,005 Times in 8,032 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Then I'm not talking to you, I do not debate wether or not there is a God, I believe in Him by faith, if you believe in a finite reality caused by a big bang, that's your choice.
    God lets people suffer. He lets innocent little children get cancer. He lets old people who've worked hard all their lives waste away in nursing homes where they are forgotten, abused and neglected.

This is a world full of pain, sadness and misery where it's mostly the vile, greedy, underhanded reprobates like Trump and his family who have everything, while decent, honest people have to struggle just to pay for basic health care if they can afford it at all.

How can He expect us to believe in Him?

Why should we?
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    God lets people suffer. He lets innocent little children get cancer. He lets old people who've worked hard all their lives waste away in nursing homes where they are forgotten, abused and neglected.

This is a world full of pain, sadness and misery where it's mostly the vile, greedy, underhanded reprobates like Trump and his family who have everything, while decent, honest people have to struggle just to pay for basic health care if they can afford it at all.

How can He expect us to believe in Him?

Why should we?
    You don't have to