Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump Angrily Lashes Out at Republicans for Failing to “Protect Their President”

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Trump Angrily Lashes Out at Republicans for Failing to “Protect Their President”

President Donald Trump didn’t end his weekend on a cheerful note. In an unusual pair of Sunday afternoon tweets, the president hit out at Republican lawmakers, saying some who owe their positions to his candidacy’s coattails are leaving him on his own. “As the phony Russian Witch Hunt continues, two groups are laughing at this excuse for a lost election taking hold, Democrats and Russians!”

The eyebrow-raising tweet comes amid the ongoing scandal and multiple federal and congressional probes of Russia’s 2016 election meddling, including whether Trump’s campaign and the Kremlin colluded to undermine Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton. Republican lawmakers are increasingly voicing their views that the president should stop tweeting about the matter, especially during the*Justice Department investigation being led by former FBI Director Robert S. Mueller.

By launching a public attack on his fellow Republicans, Trump could open the door to an all-out revolt among some members of his own party. While*some Democrats talk about possible impeachment proceedings over the Russia allegations, legal and political experts agree that is unlikely as long as the president has the support of Republican leaders and rank-and-file members, who control both the House and Senate.

But if Trump loses his own party mates and Mueller finds damning evidence, experts of all political stripes say the president*could find himself in legal and political quicksand.
    http://www.rollcall.com/news/politic...nt-protect-him
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

ZappasGuitar (07-24-2017)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Republican Establishment is the same as Democratic establishment. Swamp Critters of a different stripe..

US politics are garbage -the worst in the world. At this point i'd almost prefer a Putin who gets stuff done.
    (almost)
    It's a damn shame. I recall reading the South China Post (Hong Kong edition) aftr Hong Kong went back to Chinese control.
    Hong Kong was trying to set up their government ( which had to be approved by China of course) and they looked at American separation/balance of powers and rejected it because it created too much gridlock.

That is is astonishing if you know how the US Gov't was widely considered the most enlightened throughout our history.
    We have trashed our heritage

4. The Following User Groans At anatta For This Awful Post:

Rune (07-24-2017)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Cancel 2018.1 (07-24-2017), cancel2 2022 (07-24-2017)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    Republican Establishment is the same as Democratic establishment. Swamp Critters of a different stripe..

US politics are garbage -the worst in the world. At this point i'd almost prefer a Putin who gets stuff done.
    (almost)
    It's a damn shame. I recall reading the South China Post (Hong Kong edition) aftr Hong Kong went back to Chinese control.
    Hong Kong was trying to set up their government ( which had to be approved by China of course) and they looked at American separation/balance of powers and rejected it because it created too much gridlock.

That is is astonishing if you know how the US Gov't was widely considered the most enlightened throughout our history.
    We have trashed our heritage
    WOW .. you prefer cronyism to democracy.

Perhaps you haven't noticed that what Putin 'gets done' only helps him and his cronies .. not the Russian people.

If you found yourself in Russia for 5 minutes, you'd be crying for mommy to come and get you.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Micawber (07-24-2017), Nomad (07-24-2017), Phantasmal (07-24-2017), Rune (07-24-2017)

8. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 881 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 36 Times in 36 Posts

Republicans in government largely hate Trump, they hold their nose out of political convenience. Republicans know for a fact that Trump will not stand with them if they take a tough vote (e.g. healthcare), because Trump has ever been out for himself and his own interests, rather than the interests of his party, much less the American people. And on the Russian sanctions, Republicans simply do not agree with or subscribe to Trump's self-serving denial of Russian meddling, nor do they have a love of Putin.

Trump is not a leader, he's a faux-strongman and wannabe-dictator. Except that he doesn't have the pull of a dictator. And since he cannot inspire cooperation from even his fellow Republicans, he's a fucking loser and was doomed to be a lame-duck from the start.

I find it hilarious (in a sad, clown-crying sort of way) that people like anatta think Republicans should move forward with a healthcare bill that has like 15% popularity because 'America has to get stuff done' and 'because Russia/Putin are laughing at America'.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amadeus For This Post:

blackascoal (07-24-2017), Rune (07-24-2017)

10. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Well he is merely pointing out that the democrat party always circles the wagons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

11. The Following User Groans At canceled.2021.3 For This Awful Post:

Rune (07-24-2017)

12. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    WOW .. you prefer cronyism to democracy.

Perhaps you haven't noticed that what Putin 'gets done' only helps him and his cronies .. not the Russian people.

If you found yourself in Russia for 5 minutes, you'd be crying for mommy to come and get you.
    i said "almost". I prefer a responsive democracy, not standing around with a board up my butt unable to do even basic legislation.
    I said the same thing about Republicans under Obama.

Our country's politics are stalemated. so don't tell me about "cronyism"when we have our own revolving door corruption..as matter of fact you can drop that "mommy" shit too. save the insults.

Revolving Door
    https://www.opensecrets.org/revolving/
    Although the influence powerhouses that line Washington's K Street are just a few miles from the U.S. Capitol building, the most direct path between the two doesn't necessarily involve public transportation. Instead, it's through a door—a revolving door that shuffles former federal employees into jobs as lobbyists, consultants and strategists just as the door pulls former hired guns into government careers.
    Putin is an effective leader.. deal with it. He advances his countries agenda while lining his pockets.
    Democracy is fine and dandy, but like I always say it's not an ends to a means itself.
    what good are elected officials if they are do nothings?

Wake up. Our system of government is broken. That's a major reason to bring in outsiders like Bernie or Trump
    Last edited by anatta; 07-24-2017 at 11:39 AM.

13. The Following User Groans At anatta For This Awful Post:

Rune (07-24-2017)

14. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Republicans in government largely hate Trump, they hold their nose out of political convenience. Republicans know for a fact that Trump will not stand with them if they take a tough vote (e.g. healthcare), because Trump has ever been out for himself and his own interests, rather than the interests of his party, much less the American people. And on the Russian sanctions, Republicans simply do not agree with or subscribe to Trump's self-serving denial of Russian meddling, nor do they have a love of Putin.

Trump is not a leader, he's a faux-strongman and wannabe-dictator. Except that he doesn't have the pull of a dictator. And since he cannot inspire cooperation from even his fellow Republicans, he's a fucking loser and was doomed to be a lame-duck from the start.

I find it hilarious (in a sad, clown-crying sort of way) that people like anatta think Republicans should move forward with a healthcare bill that has like 15% popularity because 'America has to get stuff done' and 'because Russia/Putin are laughing at America'.
    the point is ( and i do not support the Republican or Democratic HC plans -they both are budget busters, both are uneven coverage - Obamacare is losing providers) the Repubs had like 7 years to come up with a plan and they can't even agree on the outline? SP or a viable PO is the only way.

I don't even care if they lose the Senate. They deserve to. Not that it will solve anything,
    we'll just enter a different kind of gridlock..

DC doesn't represent anyone but themselves -something partisans will never understand

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

the point is ( and i do not support the Republican or Democratic HC plans -they both are budget busters, both are uneven coverage - Obamacare is losing providers) the Repubs had like 7 years to come up with a plan and they can't even agree on the outline? SP or a viable PO is the only way.
    The insurance markets are plagued with uncertainty caused by Republicans and Trump specifically. Obamacare was sabotaged from day one in many states.

Guess what? The Dems DID agree with Republicans on an outline for healthcare reform. It was the Republicans healthcare plan from the 1990s which the Heritage Foundation endorsed, which Obama adopted and turned into the ACA.

The fact that turds like you reward the Republicans for turning on their own plan and obstructing for 8 years is ENTIRELY on you. Republicans obstruct, and will obstruct when Dems take back power specifically because you reward them for doing so. Dems compromise endlessly, such as they did in the 1990s and up to 2012, and you reward the other side.

You say you hate obstruction yet you reward it. This is why America's government in terrible state. Because of people exactly like you.

I think the Dems are fools for compromising so much, but I'm not a Democrat. I think the Dems should ram through progress when they get the chance, and let Republicans try to undo it and face the consequences.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amadeus For This Post:

Rune (07-24-2017), TTQ64 (07-24-2017)

17. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

i said "almost". I prefer a responsive democracy, not standing around with a board up my butt unable to do even basic legislation.
    I said the same thing about Republicans under Obama.

Our country's politics are stalemated. so don't tell me about "cronyism"when we have our own revolving door corruption..as matter of fact you can drop that "mommy" shit too. save the insults.

Putin is an effective leader.. deal with it. He advances his countries agenda while lining his pockets.
    Democracy is fine and dandy, but like I always say it's not an ends to a means itself.
    what good are elected officials if they are do nothings?

Wake up. Our system of government is broken. That's a major reason to bring in outsiders like Bernie or Trump
    i said "almost". I prefer a responsive democracy

Exactly what "democracy" do you find in Russia?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Rune (07-24-2017)

19. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

I hope you see how boring a thread you started when you find yourself just 8 posts in changing the subject, ya goof.
    here I'll try and help you out...
    ON TOPIC Trump is not a republican, or at the very least is not a classic republican, a book republican if you will, His point is that establishment republicans are once again polling the political wind instead of actually standing for something, and he's willing to call them out on it. Things they have been campaigning on for years, promising, and now that they have both houses and the big PEN, they refuse to back it up.

Which is exactly what most of the 306 electoral votes liked about Trump to begin with. He is not about party.
    The smart thing for democrats to do would be to help Trump, then at the polls claim the republicans were the obstructioists.
    Most of us Trump supporters are almost equally sick of both parties, and would vote for WHOMEVER was helping, GOP or DEM.
    You on the other hand are dug in dumbass, and misery is your company for the forseeable future.
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Getin the ring For This Post:

anatta (07-24-2017)

21. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The insurance markets are plagued with uncertainty caused by Republicans and Trump specifically. Obamacare was sabotaged from day one in many states.

Guess what? The Dems DID agree with Republicans on an outline for healthcare reform. It was the Republicans healthcare plan from the 1990s which the Heritage Foundation endorsed, which Obama adopted and turned into the ACA.

The fact that turds like you reward the Republicans for turning on their own plan and obstructing for 8 years is ENTIRELY on you. Republicans obstruct, and will obstruct when Dems take back power specifically because you reward them for doing so. Dems compromise endlessly, such as they did in the 1990s and up to 2012, and you reward the other side.

You say you hate obstruction yet you reward it. This is why America's government in terrible state. Because of people exactly like you.

I think the Dems are fools for compromising so much, but I'm not a Democrat. I think the Dems should ram through progress when they get the chance, and let Republicans try to undo it and face the consequences.
    Sure you're a Democrat. you are a hyper-partisan. it's the same thing no matter how you label yourself.
    Brain dead partisans are the problem, not the solution. More (hyper)partisanship just breeds more gridlock.

"Uncertainty"may accelerate the rate of providers leaving ( and it's critical now); but it's not the cost of skyrocketing premiums. That happens because OBcare is too restrictive ( i have to have pregnancy and psych coverage) subsidies are way too complex, and there isn't enough paying enrollment.
    Also pre-existing condition do cause price rises, whether you want them excluded or not

Both Clinton and Gingrich compromised. The result was an agenda that reduced the debt and gave us a booming economy.
    Other then that I haven't seen any compromise from anyone this century.

If you want to go back in history, I can do that-and that was when we had a functioning government.
    But that takes the desire to govern for the common good, and that means you don't get everything you want-
    but you still advance the country.

The country's government dysfunction far precludes Trump, although the current Russiaphobia ensures yet more wasted time in DC

22. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    i said "almost". I prefer a responsive democracy

Exactly what "democracy" do you find in Russia?
    really?? that's ALL you got from my post? How about that democracy isn't a means to an end to itself?
    do you agree ?
    It's like saying we have a diversified workforce, but all the money flows to the 1%'rs -what good is diversity then?

If I thought the Senate flipping to the Dem would help -i'd support it-but it won't.
    Not that the Repubs deserve to hold it, but this minutia means nothing because we have ceased to demand
    anything from DC.

Wake up. Put your independent non-partisan mind back on for a bit..what we have serves nothing

23. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

really?? that's ALL you got from my post? How about that democracy isn't a means to an end to itself?
    do you agree ?
    It's like saying we have a diversified workforce, but all the money flows to the 1%'rs -what good is diversity then?

If I thought the Senate flipping to the Dem would help -i'd support it-but it won't.
    Not that the Repubs deserve to hold it, but this minutia means nothing because we have ceased to demand
    anything from DC.

Wake up. Put your independent non-partisan mind back on for a bit..what we have serves nothing
    Seriously you should stop admonishing anyone to 'wake up.' There is almost no one on your side who would prefer a cronyism-style dictatorship to democracy .. almost or otherwise. Wake-up .. are you serious? :0)

Of course Putin gets things done .. all dictatorships get things done.

There is nothing remotely partisan about that .. it's common sense.

The fact that you would even go there .. almost .. demonstrates that you badly need intervention. :0) I'm serious .. you do .. BADLY.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-24-2017), Rune (07-24-2017)

25. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Sure you're a Democrat. you are a hyper-partisan. it's the same thing no matter how you label yourself.
    Brain dead partisans are the problem, not the solution. More (hyper)partisanship just breeds more gridlock.

"Uncertainty"may accelerate the rate of providers leaving ( and it's critical now); but it's not the cost of skyrocketing premiums. That happens because OBcare is too restrictive ( i have to have pregnancy and psych coverage) subsidies are way too complex, and there isn't enough paying enrollment.
    Also pre-existing condition do cause price rises, whether you want them excluded or not

Both Clinton and Gingrich compromised. The result was an agenda that reduced the debt and gave us a booming economy.
    Other then that I haven't seen any compromise from anyone this century.

If you want to go back in history, I can do that-and that was when we had a functioning government.
    But that takes the desire to govern for the common good, and that means you don't get everything you want-
    but you still advance the country.

The country's government dysfunction far precludes Trump, although the current Russiaphobia ensures yet more wasted time in DC
    You have no right to complain when you vote for and reward obstruction. You piss on compromise when it is offered. Go back to Russia. Or move to Russia. Who is stopping you? You have openly said that Putin's Russia is run better than America. Run home.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Amadeus For This Post:

Rune (07-24-2017)

27. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You have no right to complain when you vote for and reward obstruction. You piss on compromise when it is offered. Go back to Russia. Or move to Russia. Who is stopping you? You have openly said that Putin's Russia is run better than America. Run home.
    blah blah blah
    Putin gets things done. we don't.
    deal with the truth in that sense , which doesn't mean Russia as a whole is better run.
    But it does mean their government isn't permanent gridlock

Voting for Trump is not voting for obstruction any more then voting for Obama was. idiot.