Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kushner Collusion!!

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,664 Times in 7,361 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,968 Times in 1,784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    Jared Kushner, President Trump’s senior adviser and son-in-law, plans to detail four meetings he had with Russian officials during the 2016 campaign and transition period — including one set up by Donald Trump Jr. with a Russian lawyer — but will deny any improper contacts or collusion in testimony to a congressional panel on Monday.

Kushner defends his interactions with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak and other Russian officials as typical contacts in his role as the Trump campaign’s liaison to foreign governments, according to an 11-page prepared statement he plans to submit for the record, a copy of which was obtained by The Washington Post.

Kushner is scheduled to testify in closed-door sessions, first before the Senate Intelligence Committee on Monday and then before the House Intelligence Committee on Tuesday, as part of the congressional probes into Russian interference in the 2016 election and contacts between Russia and Trump campaign officials and associates.

In his testimony, which will be submitted to the congressional committees before he answers questions from lawmakers, Kushner says he has had only “limited contacts” with Russian representatives and denies any wrongdoing.

Kushner portrays himself as a goal-oriented task master new to presidential politics who assumed increasingly important responsibilities on a fast-paced campaign in which decisions were made “on the fly,” including serving as the main point of contact for foreign government officials.

Kushner writes that his first meeting with a Russian official was in April 2016 at the Mayflower Hotel in Washington, where Trump delivered a major foreign policy speech, the execution of which Kushner says he oversaw. Kushner writes that he attended a reception to thank the event’s host, Dimitri Simes, publisher of the National Interest, a foreign policy magazine. Simes introduced Kushner to four ambassadors at the reception, including Kislyak, Kushner says.

With all the ambassadors, including Mr. Kislyak, we shook hands, exchanged brief pleasantries and I thanked them for attending the event and said I hoped they would like candidate Trump’s speech and his ideas for a fresh approach to America’s foreign policy,” Kushner writes. “The ambassadors also expressed interest in creating a positive relationship should we win the election. Each exchange lasted less than a minute; some gave me their business cards and invited me to lunch at their embassies. I never took them up on any of these invitations and that was the extent of the interactions.”

Kushner does not name the other three ambassadors he met at the reception.

Kushner denies having had any other contact with Kislyak during the campaign, disputing a report by Reuters that he had two phone calls with the ambassador.

“While I participated in thousands of calls during this period, I do not recall any such calls with the Russian Ambassador,” Kushner writes. “We have reviewed the phone records available to us and have not been able to identify any calls to any number we know to be associated with Ambassador Kislyak and I am highly skeptical these calls took place.”

In fact, Kushner goes on to note that on Nov. 9, the day after the election, when the campaign received a congratulatory note from Russian President Vladimir Putin, Kushner tried to verify it was real and could not remember Kislyak’s name. “So I sent an email asking Mr. Simes, ‘What is the name of the Russian ambassador?’ ” Kushner writes.

Kushner also describes attending a June 2016 meeting organized by his brother-in-law, Donald Trump Jr., with a Russian attorney. He says it was listed on his calendar as “Meeting: Don Jr. | Jared Kushner.” He writes that he arrived at the meeting late, and when he got there the Russian lawyer was talking about a ban on U.S. adoptions of Russian children.

“I had no idea why that topic was being raised and quickly determined that my time was not well-spent at this meeting,” Kushner writes. “Reviewing emails recently confirmed my memory that the meeting was a waste of our time and that, in looking for a polite way to leave and get back to my work, I actually emailed an assistant from the meeting after I had been there for 10 or so minutes and wrote, ‘Can u pls call me on my cell? Need excuse to get our of
    Kushner won't even be testifying under oath, so he's free to lie his ass off.
    What kind of country have we become?

One in which federal prosecutors can take “evidence” before a “grand jury,”

and that grand jury can “vote to indict” a former president for 91 alleged “crimes”?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZappasGuitar For This Post:

Nomad (07-24-2017), Phantasmal (07-24-2017)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    How about where Kuschner busted Reuters on fake news?

Reuters reported two calls from JK to Russians but nobody could find record of them on either his cell or landline.

Maybe he used a phone booth outside Trump Tower lol?
    thanks .. i don't even follow the noise that closely anymore.

Now watch the Dems criticize the fact Kushner came forward with info -why didn't he do this before?
    It's utter horseshit.

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    thanks .. i don't even follow the noise that closely anymore.

Now watch the Dems criticize the fact Kushner came forward with info -why didn't he do this before?
    It's utter horseshit.
    "Reuters news service has reported that I had two calls with Ambassador Kislyak at some time between April and November of 2016. While I participated in thousands of calls during this period, I do not recall any such calls with the Russian Ambassador. We have reviewed the phone records available to us and have not been able to identify any calls to any number we know to be associated with Ambassador Kislyak and I am highly skeptical these calls took place. A comprehensive review of my land line and cell phone records from the time does not reveal those calls." [JK from congressional statement]

Reuters should post a retraction but they probably won't.

Fake news: throw it out there and it will stick, because either the retraction doesn't come or hardly anyone sees it.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,970 Times in 32,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    So now an eleven page explanation written by the individual being questioned clears him of any wrongdoing?
    nothing's ever raised the question of wrong doing.......

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    You talk like the opposing party has honed their message on day 1 of a defeat in previous cycles.

You guys didn't know your platform would be immigration & trade deals until Trump took hold in the primaries. The Dems have plenty of time before '18. And if Russia fizzles out, there is plenty of other Trump incompetence, dishonesty & corruption to draw attention to.

Don't you worry about the Dems. They'll be just fine.
    Bullshit. Illegal immigration has been an issue since Bush and Co tried to ram it down our throats and we stopped him. Just because you don't pay attention doesn't mean they haven't been issues. Trump was the first in the GOP to give real voice to those concerns. The rest of the GOP were co-opted

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

And the Trump admin willingness to lie asses off is not debatable. It's part of the job description. They lie even when the truth will do.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

Nomad (07-24-2017)

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,003 Times in 8,030 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    KremlinGate isn't going to "defuse" until Special Counsel is finished, and that's going to last at least another year
    My guess is that when it wraps up, there will be a report that lays out the facts of the case and which paints a picture that no honest person could deny strongly suggest that the Trump campaign knowingly cooperated, coordinated, colluded and generally worked with Russian operatives to time the leaks of selectively chosen Clinton and DNC emails in such a way as to damage the Clinton campaign and help Trump win.

Of course, the Republican portion of the report will go out of it's way to minimize and gloss over any involvement by Team Trumptard, while the Democrat portion will lay out the facts the way they occurred.

But, there probably still won't be a smoking gun that will reach the top. Possibly a few underlings may be snared, maybe Kushner maybe DT Jr or Manafort, of which one or two of who will get some prison time which will be negated by Trump pardons.

But the damage to Trump's public image will be irreversible.

Whether it not it comes out in time to effect the mid terms or not is anyone's guess.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

ZappasGuitar (07-24-2017)

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    My guess is that when it wraps up, there will be a report that lays out the facts of the case and which paints a picture that no honest person could deny strongly suggest that the Trump campaign knowingly cooperated, coordinated, colluded and generally worked with Russian operatives to time the leaks of selectively chosen Clinton and DNC emails in such a way as to damage the Clinton campaign and help Trump win.

Of course, the Republican portion of the report will go out of it's way to minimize and gloss over any involvement by Team Trumptard, while the Democrat portion will lay out the facts the way they occurred.

But, there probably still won't be a smoking gun that will reach the top. Possibly a few underlings may be snared, maybe Kushner maybe DT Jr or Manafort, of which one or two of who will get some prison time which will be negated by Trump pardons.

But the damage to Trump's public image will be irreversible.

Whether it not it comes out in time to effect the mid terms or not is anyone's guess.
    Comedy quote of the day right there,
    Hey goober, scoreboard check
    Trump 306
    Democrats 220
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    And the Trump admin willingness to lie asses off is not debatable. It's part of the job description. They lie even when the truth will do.
    Lying is second nature to these grifter thugs. It's like breathing to them.

They do it for recreation, just like cheating hard working small businesses out of what they are owed.

Right-wingers elect scum that reflect their own lack of values and decency.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    Comedy quote of the day right there,
    Hey goober, scoreboard check
    Trump 306
    Democrats 220
    Fuck you, halfwit.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

Rune (07-24-2017)

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Fuck you, halfwit.
    does this ^^^ mean I win this argument? LOLOLOLO
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Getin the ring For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (07-24-2017)

17. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Argument??? What argument???

You haven't even made an "argument" you fucking dipshit.

Geez, you're stupid!!!!
    C'MON MAN!!!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

Rune (07-24-2017)

19. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    You talk like the opposing party has honed their message on day 1 of a defeat in previous cycles.

You guys didn't know your platform would be immigration & trade deals until Trump took hold in the primaries. The Dems have plenty of time before '18. And if Russia fizzles out, there is plenty of other Trump incompetence, dishonesty & corruption to draw attention to.

Don't you worry about the Dems. They'll be just fine.
    It wasn't Day One, but shortly after the emaculation of Obama in 2009 the Tea Party formed.

And the TP was directed towards specific policies [smaller, less intrusive government, lower taxes] as opposed to engaging in foreign intrigue and conspiracy theories in order to impeach a president. And the TP was instrumental in scoring democrat Shellacking 1.0 of the Obama era.

There is nothing like that going on with democrats now---and it isn't even on the radar.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

20. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

no, it means you are too stupid to bother with.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Rune For This Post:

Nomad (07-24-2017)

22. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    It wasn't Day One, but shortly after the emaculation of Obama in 2009 the Tea Party formed.

And the TP was directed towards specific policies [smaller, less intrusive government, lower taxes] as opposed to engaging in foreign intrigue and conspiracy theories in order to impeach a president. And the TP was instrumental in scoring democrat Shellacking 1.0 of the Obama era.

There is nothing like that going on with democrats now---and it isn't even on the radar.
    you stupid fuck.
    not only did the TP accomplish nothing, they did a good share of damage to the conservative movement.)
    you are so dangerously ignorant.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.