Members banned from this thread: evince and Buckly J. Ewer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My liberal friends don't recycle...

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,265 Times in 3,123 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 254 Posts

Default My liberal friends don't recycle...

I noticed this trend at least among my circle of friends. Most my liberal friends don't recycle at all, at least not home recycling. And most my conservative friends do. Which I found odd, because my lib friends are always talking about climate change, global warming, etc. Yet don't do much on the individual level. My con friends are more skeptical, but recycle.

Which led me to wonder why? And the more I thought about it, the more it made sense. Liberals believe it's up to govt to fix climate change; Carbon emission, etc. Even to go through everyone's trash and pick out recycling. They feel like they voted Dem, and that's all they should have to do. They don't believe in the individual they believe in the collective. They don't think one person recycling makes a difference so they don't bother. They rather have massive govt intervention.

I relent that this is anecdotal and just my theory.

Anyone else have something similar to this?

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    I noticed this trend at least among my circle of friends. Most my liberal friends don't recycle at all, at least not home recycling. And most my conservative friends do. Which I found odd, because my lib friends are always talking about climate change, global warming, etc. Yet don't do much on the individual level. My con friends are more skeptical, but recycle.

Which led me to wonder why? And the more I thought about it, the more it made sense. Liberals believe it's up to govt to fix climate change; Carbon emission, etc. Even to go through everyone's trash and pick out recycling. They feel like they voted Dem, and that's all they should have to do. They don't believe in the individual they believe in the collective. They don't think one person recycling makes a difference so they don't bother. They rather have massive govt intervention.

It is a common observation that I see across many aspects of life

Liberals claim that government is "charity" and constantly say "I would gladly pay more taxes if it helps the poor". For some reason they think there is some virtue in this statement.

You never hear them say "I am going to give X more dollars to a poor person"

Additionally studies have shown that conservatives are much more charitable than liberals.

As to the climate change scam not only do many libtards not recycle, but look at a venue after any mass liberal gathering? It is a shithole that costs thousands to clean up from all of the littering etc. conversely when conservatives gather, you hardly know they were there. They believe in leaving it the way they found it.

I laugh about all of these libs on here waxing poetic about their concern for global warming and I the skeptic live a carbon free life at my cabin retreat.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.3 For This Post:

Irish (07-24-2017)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,090 Times in 555 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Blog Entries

Over here, in the burial place of Karl Marx, people pretty much just recycle without any regard to voting intent or the conflict between individualism and the power of the State.

I know, hard to believe, eh?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charver For This Post:

evince (07-23-2017), Hesher (07-24-2017)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Too busy tweeting about the red menace and climate change to do anything at all.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

Irish (07-24-2017)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by charver View Post
    Over here, in the burial place of Karl Marx, people pretty much just recycle without any regard to voting intent or the conflict between individualism and the power of the State.

I know, hard to believe, eh?
    Karl Marx was buried in Northern England?

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,225 Times in 13,957 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,053 Times in 2,848 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Liberaland View Post
    It is a common observation that I see across many aspects of life

Liberals claim that government is "charity" and constantly say "I would gladly pay more taxes if it helps the poor". For some reason they think there is some virtue in this statement.

You never hear them say "I am going to give X more dollars to a poor person"

Additionally studies have shown that conservatives are much more charitable than liberals.

As to the climate change scam not only do many libtards not recycle, but look at a venue after any mass liberal gathering? It is a shithole that costs thousands to clean up from all of the littering etc. conversely when conservatives gather, you hardly know they were there. They believe in leaving it the way they found it.

I laugh about all of these libs on here waxing poetic about their concern for global warming and I the skeptic live a carbon free life at my cabin retreat.
    Now you automatically know this is bogus, anyone who automatically refuses any opposing opinion certainly hasn't "observed" a whole hell of a lot in his "many aspects of life"

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,225 Times in 13,957 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,053 Times in 2,848 Posts

You got "liberal" friends? A couple two three or what?

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Now you automatically know this is bogus, anyone who automatically refuses any opposing opinion certainly hasn't "observed" a whole hell of a lot in his "many aspects of life"
    Really?

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

I've noticed this two. Two of my neighbors are rabid Democrats and they never recycle. Nor do they use LED light bulbs.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

Irish (07-25-2017)

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Karl Marx was buried in Northern England?
    I do apologise, my good fellow for my complete lack of clarity. I am only too aware one of my many, many failings is the tendency to overestimate the intellect of others. I consider myself thoroughly chastened. Of that, have no doubt.

Somewhat imprudently, I neglectfully supposed the casual reader would draw the simple conclusion one was referring to the country of England as a whole. After all, it's only a small place and we all know each other, mostly by name.

I do hope that we have now resolved this unfortunate misunderstanding.

Oh, just one more thing. I can report that one of my neighbours, Jeff Fisher, who has definite communist sympathies (union man, sings the Internationale at weddings, liquidated a kulak last Easter), once placed a considerable amount of cardboard in the receptacle reserved for plastics at the recycling centre. Not sure what that tells us but it is undeniably significant in some way.

Good Day, sir.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to charver For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-24-2017)

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    You got "liberal" friends? A couple two three or what?
    About 4. Varying on the degrees on the spectrum.

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I do apologise, my good fellow for my complete lack of clarity. I am only too aware one of my many, many failings is the tendency to overestimate the intellect of others. I consider myself thoroughly chastened. Of that, have no doubt.

Somewhat imprudently, I neglectfully supposed the casual reader would draw the simple conclusion one was referring to the country of England as a whole. After all, it's only a small place and we all know each other, mostly by name.

I do hope that we have now resolved this unfortunate misunderstanding.

Oh, just one more thing. I can report that one of my neighbours, Jeff Fisher, who has definite communist sympathies (union man, sings the Internationale at weddings, liquidated a kulak last Easter), once placed a considerable amount of cardboard in the receptacle reserved for plastics at the recycling centre. Not sure what that tells us but it is undeniably significant in some way.

Good Day, sir.
    Take your limmy insults and go back to England. Take Ilo with you.

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Take your limmy insults and go back to England. Take Ilo with you.
    Well, firstly, i have no idea what a "limmy" is.

Secondly, unless you are somehow unable to quantify how the internets works, you should be aware that i am already in England and thus cannot "go back" there.

Good Day.

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, firstly, i have no idea what a "limmy" is.

Secondly, unless you are somehow unable to quantify how the internets works, you should be aware that i am already in England and thus cannot "go back" there.

Good Day.
    I'm sorry, my autocorrect failed me. The term is Limey.

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry, my autocorrect failed me. The term is Limey.
    That's ok, i think i prefer Limmy anyway.

http://www.Limmy.com