Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is a healthy debt/ income ratio?

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    why

you people are the ones screaming the debt is too high when dems are in office

but you forget about it when republicans are in office
    When Bush left office the debt was around $10 trillion of which approximately $5 trillion was added when he was President. You lefties called that horrible. When Obama left office, the debt had grown by almost $10 trillion and suddenly twice what you said was horrible wasn't a problem. Why is that?

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

idiot

you crashed the fucking car

Obama had to pay to fix thaat broken car

now why do you never scream about it when your fucks are running up debt

Why do you Obama ass lickers consider the $5 trillion added during the Bush administration bad yet the almost $10 trillion added under Obama not a problem?

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,729 Times in 27,216 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,585 Times in 18,174 Posts
    Blog Entries

why do you never admitt most of that went to cleaning up your war built on lies and your crashing of the entire worlds economy?

because you are a dickstrap

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Debt is useful during a recession, doesn't make any sense to run one now though. We should increase taxes to whatever level necessary to balance the budget. Current levels are unrealistic and have political motivations, Republicans give money away through tax cuts in exchange for votes.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FUCK THE POLICE For This Post:

Althea (07-24-2017)

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

why do you never admitt most of that went to cleaning up your war built on lies and your crashing of the entire worlds economy?

because you are a dickstrap
    Because it didn't.

That's why you're a NL.

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Fuck Populists View Post
    Debt is useful during a recession, doesn't make any sense to run one now though. We should increase taxes to whatever level necessary to balance the budget. Current levels are unrealistic and have political motivations, Republicans give money away through tax cuts in exchange for votes.
    Democrats have given away money through tax increases in exchange for votes from those that don't pay those taxes.

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

There is a simple formula based upon 30%. If a business cannot sustain a 30% profit from all the goods and or services he provides he is not long for the business world.....the inverted formula should apply to the average working person's debt to income ratio....one should never be indebted by more than 30% of one's total income. Supposedly if one saves 10% (pays himself) 10 cents for every net dollar earned he should have no problem in paying off his debt in totality after a few years of saving (if and when there arose a need or requirement to be debt free).

The same formula for personal savings should apply to any business....one should save 10% of all profit and count it as a personal income.

That's why so many "small businesses" fail each year. If one looks simply at the gross income of any business you would assume that a small business making in access of 3 figures should be solvent...but such is never the case, there are so many variable costs that goes into running a successful business. Number of employees, taxes, overhead like utilities that must be used, transportation costs (shipping) etc.,

If a single owner business takes in about 120K per year...the bottom line would indicate that he/she would be better off simply working for someone else if all one can actually earn after all expenses is less than 30% of the gross.

Now take a look at how "UNCLE SAM" manages the people's wealth....as in reality Uncle Sam Earns NOTHING....every penny that is in the coffers of any government must come from THE PEOPLE the government represents. If UNCLE SAM was a business...he would have been jailed decades ago for the same practices that the management of Enron and Bernie Madoff went to prison for using.

The problem being its a most difficult thing to charge someone with "cooking the books" when the only ones allowed to audit the business are the business managers.

Why is the US 20 trillion in debt? Is it because of a lack of PROFIT (collected taxes)? Hardly. The government entities of the US take is almost 8 trillion dollars annually (a very good debt to income ratio)....yet they can only pay the interest on the accumulated DEBT? Really? What's wrong with this picture? Where is the documented money going? Its going down the proverbial shitter due to mismanagement and the cooking of the books.

CONCLUSION: The United States of America does not have a "tax problem" (as in not having enough tax collected per capita).....the United States of America has a very serious "management problem".....in the wasteful spending of the citizens wealth for the simple reason of not attempting to make the lives of American Citizens better, safe and secure but to purchase enough votes to keep the "career politicians" a place at the HOG TROUGH that is Washington DC.

Common sense would allow anyone with the least amount of critical reasoning abilities to conclude that no LAWYER (as the majority of politicians have direct ties to the US LEGAL SYSTEM) would give up a private practice with the built in potential to make hundreds of thousands in income.....to work as a supposed servant of the people at a fraction of an "honest" wage.

There must be life time "term limits" placed upon all politicians who would engage in the business of representing the people. There should be a constant turn over of NEW FACES every few years...then and only then would the natural human instinct of creed and corruption be curbed and allow the government to function as it was designed to function....in the BEST INTEREST OF THE PEOPLE...et al.,
    Last edited by Ralph; 07-22-2017 at 01:37 AM.

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Liberaland View Post
    That sounds like a good plan. I am speaking in generalities. 30 years mortgages are a new thing. Debt was frowned upon to in the past. I would rather collect interest than pay it.

The so called income tax deduction is a scam. Let's assume a 25% tax bracket. It is like paying me a dollar so you get a quarter back. It makes no financial sense.
    I have the 30-year because it's what I can afford. The low interest rate appeals to me far more than the deduction, and I pay extra every month. Currently, I can only work an extra $50, but, my plan is to raise it a little each year until I am paying several hundred in curtailment. I suppose once I get to that point, I'll be able to afford a 15-year, regardless.

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

debt is a tool

use a tool wrong and you and can lose your hand

use it correctly and its like having a bigger stronger hand
    I take the conventional wisdom that debt is, to some extent at least, a tool. At the same time, I'm a casual fan of Dave Ramsey. If you're ever interested in seeing the conventional wisdom challenged, I recommend reading The Total Money Makeover, and locating his show on your local radio. I haven't finished it, yet, but he has advanced stuff beyond that, as much of the info in the book is pretty gee-whiz stuff.

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    I have the 30-year because it's what I can afford. The low interest rate appeals to me far more than the deduction, and I pay extra every month. Currently, I can only work an extra $50, but, my plan is to raise it a little each year until I am paying several hundred in curtailment. I suppose once I get to that point, I'll be able to afford a 15-year, regardless.
    Set up bi weekly payments. It is like one extra payment a year.

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 693 Times in 631 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    What's your answer Desh? How much is too much huh
    no surprise Desh ran from this
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderingbear View Post
    In the end who doesn't want freedom from responsibility?
    Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    They better convict Zimmy, or I may riot, and break up some shit.
    I have always fantasized about murdering Massa while he slept.
    Quote Originally Posted by Topspin View Post
    Jefferson was a racist piece of dogshit as were most founding fathers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Howey View Post
    I just bought a nice bottle of wine that DY's taxes paid for.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    ...you think we're just niggers.

14. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,015 Times in 14,514 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

What's your answer Desh? How much is too much huh
    Bullshit. We hired Trump to get a handle on this, and are as loud about it now as any other time. What is your answer?

First....trump never had a plan to 'get a handle' on debt. His plan has always been to quadruple the debt via unfunded spending. His tax cuts, if they ever go through, will destroy the budget...as Bush did.

If you are concerned about 'entitlements', something you erroneously claim is the leader of our debt, then perhaps the wealthiest in the nation should start contributing to Medicare/SSI/Medicaid?

There is no need for you to refi to a 15 year note. You are correct about the correlation between the interest you pay, and what you are earning (temporarily) on your investments. But, if you want to increase equity, and shorten your mortgage burden/save on interest, simply make payments toward principal when you have a few bucks.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

15. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,015 Times in 14,514 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-white View Post
    On a national level, I agree. Debt should be paid via increased revenue. There are myriad ways to do that, but those who own Congress will never allow it.
    On a personal level, debt is a great thing for the economy. When used properly, it drives an economy that would stagnate if the calls for 'cash only' by the fools here were applied.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

16. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 693 Times in 631 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    First....trump never had a plan to 'get a handle' on debt. His plan has always been to quadruple the debt via unfunded spending. His tax cuts, if they ever go through, will destroy the budget...as Bush did.

If you are concerned about 'entitlements', something you erroneously claim is the leader of our debt, then perhaps the wealthiest in the nation should start contributing to Medicare/SSI/Medicaid?

There is no need for you to refi to a 15 year note. You are correct about the correlation between the interest you pay, and what you are earning (temporarily) on your investments. But, if you want to increase equity, and shorten your mortgage burden/save on interest, simply make payments toward principal when you have a few bucks.
    What's your answer to the OP question?
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderingbear View Post
    In the end who doesn't want freedom from responsibility?
    They better convict Zimmy, or I may riot, and break up some shit.
    I have always fantasized about murdering Massa while he slept.
    Quote Originally Posted by Topspin View Post
    Jefferson was a racist piece of dogshit as were most founding fathers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Howey View Post
    I just bought a nice bottle of wine that DY's taxes paid for.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    ...you think we're just niggers.