Thread: Dems Continue to Rehabilitate and Unify With Bush-Era Neocons

1. #406 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    "sanctions are meant to punish"..that's ridiculous. It's an extension of Cold War 2 mentality which you have bought into hook line and sinker. Punishing Putin is (apparently) an end to itself..lol. That's"zero sum game" mentality.

Why do you punish ANYONE except to change their behavior???
    Unless one is part of the Marquis de Sade school of geo-politics that is pure Russiaphobia. *kick the dog*

"We hate the Russians because they act in their own interests"
    Yet we can't deal with Putin because improving relations might improve Russia's as well as the west's ?

I prefer GETTING THINGS DONE, and the American government can't do it under Trump or Obama.
    Brain dead partisanship insures it's not going to change..my point
    You shouldn't chastise others about grammar either if you don't know the definition of sanction .. which is punishment, penalty, or approval.

Which one do you think is appropriate in this case?

Braindead is braindead brother.

Your support and praise of an enemy is just braindead .. no matter what the voices in your head tell you.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

2. #407 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    What did he win, exactly? I mean for the Russian people.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/rus...ble-2017-01-31
    ... if I may ..

Opinion: Russia is a mess — the poverty rate is soaring and only 10 of 85 regions are financially stable
    Vladimir Putin is demanding more money from regional governments, and now many of them are pushing back

Question: What economic hand does Putin have to play?

How about NONE.

Where is the genius in this?
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

3. #408 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 881 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 36 Times in 36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    ... if I may ..

Opinion: Russia is a mess — the poverty rate is soaring and only 10 of 85 regions are financially stable
    Russia is a mess — the poverty rate is soaring and only 10 of 85 regions are financially stable

Question: What economic hand does Putin have to play?

How about NONE.

Where is the genius in this?
    By all means. Putin is playing a terrible hand. When your system of government is based on stealing from the Russian people, crippling your own economy (which is absolutely the hand Putin is playing; far from a master gamesman) is about the stupidest play he could make. And any effort from so-called Americans to reverse the sanctions (and thus reward Putin for his actions) is tantamount to treason.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amadeus For This Post:

Cypress (07-24-2017), Phantasmal (07-24-2017)

5. #409 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

By all means. Putin is playing a terrible hand. When your system of government is based on stealing from the Russian people, crippling your own economy (which is absolutely the hand Putin is playing; far from a master gamesman) is about the stupidest play he could make. And any effort from so-called Americans to reverse the sanctions (and thus reward Putin for his actions) is tantamount to treason.
    APPLAUSE

6. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Amadeus (07-24-2017)

7. #410 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

You shouldn't chastise others about grammar either if you don't know the definition of sanction .. which is punishment, penalty, or approval.

Which one do you think is appropriate in this case?

Braindead is braindead brother.

Your support and praise of an enemy is just braindead .. no matter what the voices in your head tell you.
    Sanctions without any path to reforming behavior are mindless kicking the dog behavior.
    as I said before they cost everyone. Europe/Russia/the US ( sometimes) and they are no substitute for a foreign policy.

supporting improving relation is the same thing we did during the Cold War. we actively worked towards detente' where possible- we even did arms control agreements.

Your mind is stuck in a Cold War 2 escalation where punishment is a means to an end.
    My mind is to reduce tensions ( where possible) and reduce military spending to reduce the chance of a tripwire local war. ( which leads to gawd knows where)

which of us has the best interests of our country at heart?

Why is escalated militarization a good idea? Why is not trying to improve relations helpful towards peace? (it's not)
    Even Reagan got "trust but verify"

You have Russiaphobia.
    it's a common enough disease hyped by the Dem's/press/Deep State to damage Trump. I get that.
    What you don't get is it's also damaging to US/NATO security, counter productive towards peace,
    and is exactly what the neocons want.. You've been played good brother.
    Last edited by anatta; 07-24-2017 at 04:36 PM.

8. #411 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Sanctions without any path to reforming behavior are mindless kicking the dog behavior.
    as I said before they cost everyone. Europe/Russia/the US ( sometimes) and they are no substitute for a foreign policy.

supporting improving relation is the same thing we did during the Cold War. we actively worked towards detente' where possible- we even did arms control agreements.

Your mind is stuck in a Cold War 2 escalation where punishment is a means to an end.
    My mind is to reduce tensions ( where possible) and reduce military spending to reduce the chance of a tripwire local war. ( which leads to gawd knows where)

which of us has the best interests of our country at heart?

Why is escalated militarization a good idea? Why is not trying to improve relations helpful towards peace? (it's not)
    Even Reagan got "trust but verify"

You have Russiaphobia.
    it's a common enough disease hyped by the Dem's/press/Deep State to damage Trump. I get that.
    What you don't get is it's also damaging to US/NATO security, counter productive towards peace,
    and is exactly what the neocons want.. You've been played good brother.
    :0) With respect to civil conversation, I won't say where your mind is stuck.

You didn't know the meaning of sanction. You invented some bullshit about 'changing behavior' when changed behavior is all on the one being sanctioned.

Oh yeah, ignore the rising tensions in Russia that Putin the pseudo-genius created for himself. :0)

9. #412 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

:0) With respect to civil conversation, I won't say where your mind is stuck.

You didn't know the meaning of sanction. You invented some bullshit about 'changing behavior' when changed behavior is all on the one being sanctioned.

Oh yeah, ignore the rising tensions in Russia that Putin the pseudo-genius created for himself. :0)
    What does it mean to put sanctions on a country?
    A sanction is a penalty levied on another country, or on individual citizens of another country. It is an instrument of foreign policy and economic pressure that can be described as a sort of carrot-and-stick approach to dealing with international trade and politics.Aug 18, 2016
    The Power Of Economic Sanctions - Investopedia
    A country has a number of different types of sanctions at its disposal. While some are more widely used than others, the general goal of each is to force a change in behavior.
    http://www.investopedia.com/articles...-sanctions.asp

You have no institutional knowledge of why sanctions are applied -to change behavior.
    It was the same reason we put sanctions on S. Africa, not just punishment -but to end aparthied

10. #413 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 881 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 36 Times in 36 Posts

As I already said, there is a path for Putin. More importantly, there is a path for Russia.

The path forward doesn't involved appeasement and capitulation to Putin, which is what you opt for because you have tunnelvision for Russia. In fact, you want America to be more like Russia. Which is one of the reason you support Trump, who is little more than a faux-strongman and wannabe dictator.

'Democracy is too hard! Let Trump/Putin/Kim Jong Un rule me and take away my freedom' - Authoritarian victim

11. #414 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What does it mean to put sanctions on a country?
    A sanction is a penalty levied on another country, or on individual citizens of another country. It is an instrument of foreign policy and economic pressure that can be described as a sort of carrot-and-stick approach to dealing with international trade and politics.Aug 18, 2016
    The Power Of Economic Sanctions - Investopedia
    http://www.investopedia.com/articles...-sanctions.asp

You have no institutional knowledge of why sanctions are applied -to change behavior.
    It was the same reason we put sanctions on S. Africa, not just punishment -but to end aparthied
    PUNISH the fake Roy Rogers with sanctions, and is he doesn't change his behavior, his country will implode.

Same as with South Africa.

12. #415 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

As I already said, there is a path for Putin. More importantly, there is a path for Russia.

The path forward doesn't involved appeasement and capitulation to Putin, which is what you opt for because you have tunnelvision for Russia. In fact, you want America to be more like Russia. Which is one of the reason you support Trump, who is little more than a faux-strongman and wannabe dictator.

'Democracy is too hard! Let Trump/Putin/Kim Jong Un rule me and take away my freedom' - Authoritarian victim
    Just pipe down. The more you post the more apparent it is what a friggin idiot you are. Seriously.

13. #416 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Just pipe down. The more you post the more apparent it is what a friggin idiot you are. Seriously.
    What is your suggestion?

14. #417 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

get the fuck outta here with your Russiaphobia.
    It's already been established Putin is free to run his own country and how he does so is not why we sanctioned.

you are blathering on about nothing of consequence because I caught you in lies about Russian economy "collapsing"
    ( it's not even contracting) and now you just throw up a bunch of ad homs about me.

go play with the children. the adults are trying to have a discussion. thanks for STFU.

15. #418 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Thank you sailor. I'm sick of his lying , and his imparting malevolence or anti-Americanism to my motives.

16. #419 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

PUNISH the fake Roy Rogers with sanctions, and is he doesn't change his behavior, his country will implode.

Same as with South Africa.
    Fake Roy Rogers? lol..you've have to explain that one some time

17. #420 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Damn .. is that Trigger?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Cypress (07-24-2017)