Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corazón View Post
    London is nowhere near as bad.
    BAD IS RELATIVE...

Have you been here?? Or you only know what you read on American boards packed w/ right wingers wishing they could live here??
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    BAD IS RELATIVE...

Have you been here?? Or you only know what you read on American boards packed w/ right wingers wishing they could live here??
    Yes I've been to California, twice in fact.

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes I've been to California, twice in fact.
    Wow, that should make you an expert....... lol

Where did you go, if I may ask?
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

'Political correctness' is a weird fantasy. It seems to be a racist term for decent manners. Most of the UK has considerably better manners than London, actually - but I imagine nothing here can compare with the American backwoods, to judge by the posts.

6. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Wow, that should make you an expert....... lol

Where did you go, if I may ask?
    Once in the early 90s when I went to Anaheim on business and managed to get a few days to sight see. The other several years back when I went to Vancouver to see my old mate Richard. We then drove down to Seattle and into California to visit a few vineyards or wineries as you lot call them. So when have you been to England?

7. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Once in the early 90s when I went to Anaheim on business and managed to get a few days to sight see. The other several years back when I went to Vancouver to see my old mate Richard. We then drove down to Seattle and into California to visit a few vineyards or wineries as you lot call them. So when have you been to England?
    Never been to England, but I kinda like the Beatles..

My daughter lived there, married a Brit, so I know as much about where you live as you do where I live......

8. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iolo View Post
    'Political correctness' is a weird fantasy. It seems to be a racist term for decent manners. Most of the UK has considerably better manners than London, actually - but I imagine nothing here can compare with the American backwoods, to judge by the posts.
    It is not a weird fantasy, it was exactly that which caused the police and social services to ignore all those Pakistani men pimping and taping white girls in Rotherham, Oldham etc. You wouldn't know that as you live in a white enclave in Wakes.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Darth Omar (07-22-2017)

10. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Never been to England, but I kinda like the Beatles..

My daughter lived there, married a Brit, so I know as much about where you live as you do where I live......
    Yes you said before, but she lived in Lincolnshire or somewhere equally back of beyond if I remember rightly. Actually I know a lot more as I have my friend in Vancouver and another who lives in San Jose.

I don't really know why you are attempting to deny that many Californians are uber PC especially in Marin county, San Mateo county and San Francisco, it's hardly a secret. I would also remind you that Desh is Californian! I also learn a lot from Cawacko.

11. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes you said before, but she lived in Lincolnshire or somewhere equally back of beyond if I remember rightly. Actually I know a lot more as I have my friend in Vancouver and another who lives in San Jose.

I don't really know why you are attempting to deny that many Californians are uber PC especially in Marin county, San Mateo county and San Francisco, it's hardly a secret. I would also remind you that Desh is Californian! I also learn a lot from Cawacko.
    Lol, my mom was born in Vancouver, bc. And I grew up in San Jose my bro still there.. I live about 125 miles from there.

The rural areas, interior valley is much different than your llusions of calif

12. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Lol, my mom was born in Vancouver, bc. And I grew up in San Jose my bro still there.. I live about 125 miles from there.

The rural areas, interior valley is much different than your llusions of calif
    Yes I am well aware of that, same is true most places. Town and country are different.

13. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

We use both terms, but not all wineries are attached to vineyards, and vice-versa.