Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: America in Decline?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

Default America in Decline?

Who would have thought people would write about leaving America? If America ever collapses the rich will simply leave, many have homes overseas. Others move because they love Paris or Costa Rica, weather too can influence people as they move to Florida but then find it too hot in Summer. Then there is the live and let live move, who needs the narrow minded religiosity of parts of America. Or a culture in which gun deaths are rampant. Or the poverty of so many places in which productive work has moved off shore. Our drug culture is another issue. Add pollution and even bad water, no universal healthcare. So while make America great sounds nice what does that even mean when our government today is run by corporate or religious ideologues. The right will wave a flag and tell you to leave, the left will remain America's Sisyphus. Thoughts?

"Well, we were thinking a lot of things, and taking a number of factors into consideration. In America, it seemed every third child was taking pharmaceuticals to treat behavioral issues, anxiety, or depression. High school students were unloading automatic weapons into their classmates. Opioid use was reaching all new highs. Bank executives were defrauding their customers and Wall Street was walking an increasingly thin tight rope. It felt like The American Dream as we knew it was all but gone, having transformed into a shadowy unknown. We fretted about what the future would hold for our family. We thought maybe, just maybe, a simpler lifestyle somewhere else was the answer. And so, in 2011, our family walked up to the edge of the unknown, took a deep breath, and jumped." http://theweek.com/articles/703660/m...-ive-ever-made

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." George Carlin
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 970 Times in 889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    Who would have thought people would write about leaving America? If America ever collapses the rich will simply leave, many have homes overseas. Others move because they love Paris or Costa Rica, weather too can influence people as they move to Florida but then find it too hot in Summer. Then there is the live and let live move, who needs the narrow minded religiosity of parts of America. Or a culture in which gun deaths are rampant. Or the poverty of so many places in which productive work has moved off shore. Our drug culture is another issue. Add pollution and even bad water, no universal healthcare. So while make America great sounds nice what does that even mean when our government today is run by corporate or religious ideologues. The right will wave a flag and tell you to leave, the left will remain America's Sisyphus. Thoughts?

"Well, we were thinking a lot of things, and taking a number of factors into consideration. In America, it seemed every third child was taking pharmaceuticals to treat behavioral issues, anxiety, or depression. High school students were unloading automatic weapons into their classmates. Opioid use was reaching all new highs. Bank executives were defrauding their customers and Wall Street was walking an increasingly thin tight rope. It felt like The American Dream as we knew it was all but gone, having transformed into a shadowy unknown. We fretted about what the future would hold for our family. We thought maybe, just maybe, a simpler lifestyle somewhere else was the answer. And so, in 2011, our family walked up to the edge of the unknown, took a deep breath, and jumped." http://theweek.com/articles/703660/m...-ive-ever-made

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." George Carlin
    Do you think America is in decline? If so, what do you think the causes are?
    Free speech is cool as long as it jibes with our program.

-- The Left

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,799 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 171 Times in 164 Posts

Thoughts?
    Yeah. I read the OP a couple of times and still can't figure out the point of posting it. Maybe you can elaborate.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Granule View Post
    Do you think America is in decline? If so, what do you think the causes are?
    When you pose a question you want an answer not another question, drop the defense, give us your thoughts and later I'll share mine.
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

When you pose a question you want an answer not another question, drop the defense, give us your thoughts and later I'll share mine.
    Is the question in this thread so complex no one can answer? Granule, I'm waiting.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." Richard Feynman

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No answer Granule? Two on topic pieces below, isolationism and the decline of white Christians.

'Donald Trump Might Set a Record—for the Biggest Decline of American Power in History'

https://www.thenation.com/article/do...er-in-history/

'Trump Can't Reverse the Decline of White Christian America'

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...merica/532587/

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Still waiting for a reply to above? Sometimes it seems political sites in America are full of Russian trolls who censor those who speak the truth. Are Americans so weak minded they cannot debate and must control as the Nazis and Soviets did?

'Trump's Sleight of Hand Will Bring Ruin to American Workers' Lauren Carasik

https://bostonreview.net/class-inequ...erican-workers

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 4 Times in 4 Posts

The decline of America is because of the increasing lack of faith in God
    You can't bring the truth in a wheelbarrow of lies

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Always For This Post:

MAGA MAN (08-31-2017)

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

George Clooney came back over safety fears abroad.
    The only people I hear leaving are illegals. Obama set records of Americans giving up citizenship.
    Your premise is flawed.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

Life is Golden (08-07-2017), Truth Detector (08-20-2017)

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Always View Post
    The decline of America is because of the increasing lack of faith in God
    How do you square that with the Muslim ban? Islam is a major religion too.

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Islam is a death cult masquerading as a religion.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

Truth Detector (08-20-2017)

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 4 Times in 4 Posts

But not the correct one, no man goes to God but through Jesus.
    You can't bring the truth in a wheelbarrow of lies

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,970 Times in 32,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

odd....I recall replying to this thread......I will ask again, why did you wait until the pendulum started swinging back again before talking about decline?.....

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

MAGA MAN (08-31-2017), Truth Detector (08-20-2017)

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    odd....I recall replying to this thread......I will ask again, why did you wait until the pendulum started swinging back again before talking about decline?.....
    Please explain, not sure what your question is? Thanks.

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,970 Times in 32,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Please explain, not sure what your question is? Thanks.
    America had been in decline for a decade.......now that its finally improving, you complain........

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Truth Detector (08-20-2017)