Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Republicans Think College Is Bad for America?!!

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,602 Times in 2,267 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 163 Times in 155 Posts

If you're worried about your kids being indoctrinated by the left in college then you clearly have failed instilling your personal values in them up until that point.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Badguy For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-22-2017), Phantasmal (07-18-2017)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Badguy View Post
    If you're worried about your kids being indoctrinated by the left in college then you clearly have failed instilling your personal values in them up until that point.
    My daughter is eight months old so I have thought about this including how I came to my own political opinions. How much influence do parents have on their children's political views?

On values etc parents play a huge role. And many kids share their parents political beliefs, at least at a young age. But definitely not all.

BAC's spoken about this so I don't think I'm speaking out of turn here. His daughter served in the military (overseas). At first glance if we had to rank posters whose family members would serve he probably wouldn't be at the top. (I don't mean in an unpatriotic way but in attitude towards u.s. military action et al) yet his daughter did

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Maybe that proves we're all more alike than we'd like to think? My sister and her husband both served, she herself was quite liberal for a time but since serving has definitely started going the other way. Do I think she was indoctrinated? No, she just took a different path than myself. My dad might think she was indoctrinated though lol.

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Badguy View Post
    Maybe that proves we're all more alike than we'd like to think? My sister and her husband both served, she herself was quite liberal for a time but since serving has definitely started going the other way. Do I think she was indoctrinated? No, she just took a different path than myself. My dad might think she was indoctrinated though lol.
    Haha. It seems many people have changed political parties or leanings in their lifetime

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,976 Times in 32,291 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    My daughter is eight months old so I have thought about this including how I came to my own political opinions. How much influence do parents have on their children's political views?

On values etc parents play a huge role. And many kids share their parents political beliefs, at least at a young age. But definitely not all.

BAC's spoken about this so I don't think I'm speaking out of turn here. His daughter served in the military (overseas). At first glance if we had to rank posters whose family members would serve he probably wouldn't be at the top. (I don't mean in an unpatriotic way but in attitude towards u.s. military action et al) yet his daughter did
    you need to include it in her formula......unless she's breast fed......then its your wife's problem.......

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,976 Times in 32,291 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Haha. It seems many people have changed political parties or leanings in their lifetime
    I think most of us here have....except those who obviously haven't gotten around to maturing yet......

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

I've met more college graduated morons than I have decent and hard working former military people. the former military people have shown themselves to be 20x smarter than 90% of the college graduates.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 30 Times in 28 Posts

The mistake libcucks make is a simple one. They blindly accept as gospel the idea that a piece of paper makes a person more aware, more intelligent, and more discerning. It's a fallacy, and maybe they buy into it because they are frightened by the thought that the Founders gave equal weight to the votes of everyone, regardless of intellectual elitism.

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

In some cases the decision to serve can be driven by an inability or unwillingness to secure civilian employment rather than an abundance of patriotic fervor or some ideological motive. I'm not saying that's the case with your friend's daughter, because I don't know. But such cases exist, in my personal experience.

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTrump View Post
    The mistake libcucks make is a simple one. They blindly accept as gospel the idea that a piece of paper makes a person more aware, more intelligent, and more discerning. It's a fallacy, and maybe they buy into it because they are frightened by the thought that the Founders gave equal weight to the votes of everyone, regardless of intellectual elitism.

Very ignorant post.

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTrump View Post

Very ignorant post.

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Very ignorant post.

According to...?

14. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The whole reason Trump got elected is because by virtue of the electoral college and where they lived, some citizen's votes carried more weight than others.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Badguy For This Post:

Bill (07-21-2017), Micawber (07-18-2017)

16. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And the founders certainly did not set up an equal value vote system. Depriving anyone of a vote is not giving equal weight, and even those who were privileged to vote (white homosapiens with dicks and land) did not have them count equally.
    The post is ignorant many ways at once. Was it seminal and better than no voting and a monarchy and therefore revolutionary political thought implemented? Hell yes. But one man one vote it was not.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

Bill (07-21-2017)

18. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And the founders certainly did not set up an equal value vote system. Depriving anyone of a vote is not giving equal weight, and even those who were privileged to vote (white homosapiens with dicks and land) did not have them count equally.
    The post is ignorant many ways at once. Was it seminal and better than no voting and a monarchy and therefore revolutionary political thought implemented? Hell yes. But one man one vote it was not.