Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Republicans Think College Is Bad for America?!!

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Apologies for whatever IT glitch is causing my dbl posts. On my end it is crashing.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 30 Times in 28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Badguy View Post
    The whole reason Trump got elected is because by virtue of the electoral college and where they lived, some citizen's votes carried more weight than others.
    When a Republican wins because of the Electoral College the Founders set up, suddenly you hate it?

Libcucks: WTF I hate the Electoral College now. LOL

Or is it that Team Trump played 4 D chess in the last weeks of the campaign and concentrated on the states that were close enough to go red?

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    And the founders certainly did not set up an equal value vote system. Depriving anyone of a vote is not giving equal weight, and even those who were privileged to vote (white homosapiens with dicks and land) did not have them count equally.
    The post is ignorant many ways at once. Was it seminal and better than no voting and a monarchy and therefore revolutionary political thought implemented? Hell yes. But one man one vote it was not.
    But now (largely thanks to the GOP) we have a much expanded suffrage.

So no, the original franchise wasn't what we have today - no thanks to the DemocRats who fought a treasonous rebellion to keep black Americans from equality.

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,362 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

To each his own whether they choose college is for them. The reality is many (white collar) jobs today require a college degree.

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

The whole reason Trump got elected is because by virtue of the electoral college and where they lived, some citizen's votes carried more weight than others.
    wrong.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,795 Times in 32,158 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

of course.......that is what the Constitution intended......of course we've also just discovered that there aren't as many Californians as claimed and they have both too many electoral votes and too many congressmen.......will that deception be corrected before the next election?.......

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Truth Detector (07-22-2017)

8. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,573 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 153 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTrump View Post
    When a Republican wins because of the Electoral College the Founders set up, suddenly you hate it?

Libcucks: WTF I hate the Electoral College now. LOL

Or is it that Team Trump played 4 D chess in the last weeks of the campaign and concentrated on the states that were close enough to go red?
    Where exactly did I say I hate it? I just said that's what happened. Get out of your own head for a minute.

9. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Where exactly did I say I hate it? I just said that's what happened. Get out of your own head for a minute.
    It was an aside. Or are you self-identifying as a libcuck?

10. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 19 Times in 19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alec33 View Post

What people are loathe to say about the 2016 election is simply this: A bunch of really stupid people voted for a stupid candidate who resonated with them because he SOUNDED like them. They could relate to an idiot because they, too, are idiots! What we found out is that there are a LOT of idiots in America. It's really that simple.
    What people are loathe to say about the Obama two-term election is simply this:
    A bunch of really WISHFULL THINKING people voted for a UN-QUALIFIED candidate who resonated with them because he UN-QUALIFIED like them.
    They could relate to an UN-QUALIFIED candidate because they, too, are UN-QUALIFIED!

What we found out is that there are a LOT of UN-QUALIFIED idiots in America.

It's really that simple.

11. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bhaktajan View Post
    What people are loathe to say about the Obama two-term election is simply this:
    A bunch of really WISHFULL THINKING people voted for a UN-QUALIFIED candidate who resonated with them because he UN-QUALIFIED like them.
    They could relate to an UN-QUALIFIED candidate because they, too, are UN-QUALIFIED!

What we found out is that there are a LOT of UN-QUALIFIED idiots in America.

It's really that simple.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

12. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Maybe that proves we're all more alike than we'd like to think? My sister and her husband both served, she herself was quite liberal for a time but since serving has definitely started going the other way. Do I think she was indoctrinated? No, she just took a different path than myself. My dad might think she was indoctrinated though lol.
    Sounds like your dumbass dad raised a dumbass son but had a daughter that was smart enough to think for herself.

13. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If you're worried about your kids being indoctrinated by the left in college then you clearly have failed instilling your personal values in them up until that point.
    That same argument could be applied to atheists that get pissy because they see the 10 Commandments.

14. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The reason Trump got elected was he received 304 electoral votes from 51 separate elections while your bitch only received 227. Simple math and nothing more than excuses from a crying Liberal piece of shit.

15. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    Obama won by getting the votes of some of the dumbest people in America, so may want to talk about something else there goober
    HHHhhmmm, so did trump...
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

16. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    To each his own whether they choose college is for them. The reality is many (white collar) jobs today require a college degree.
    And many more (trades) do not.
    Kids need to work out what they want to be when they grow up. Not parents, not government.
    Sadly government made colleges need to compete and so kids get sent where it's not in them to succeed.
    Government is always the problem never the solution.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.